ZU ZU Classic V - RBY ZU Cup - won by Medeia

royzin

I COULD BE BANNED!
Calling act opponent missed scheduled time. I told him I was ready at the time we agreed and got no response cuz he wasn't online.

Last edited:
Activity Calls
SOMALIA over martinvtran
royzin over risin_glory

Extensions
FeraSaur vs SuperMemeBroz - I wasn't inclined to give Act here since you both scheduled fairly poorly. I am giving an extension since both kinda tried to play the match at several times when the other wasn't available. I will rethink this if you can't play before extension deadline. Hopefully I don't have to. I'll talk to a TD when I can about this one though
Beka vs diego_yuhhi - Not sure if this was played or not. Giving till extension deadline to see if there's a resolution.
yovan33321 over Hitmonstars - try to get this done by Wednesday or I am giving Yovan the act win

Posting the round a bit earlier than the deadline. If there's anything wrong with anything let me know here or on Discord.

Round 2 - proof of pairings

DiannieRatson  vs  Gastlies
SuperMemeBroz  vs  oissu!
Beka  vs  Albi
tylerfitz8  vs  missangelic
LustfulLice  vs  Medeia
Ice Yazu  vs  Lialiabeast
plznostep  vs  Gangsta Spongebob
Chermal  vs  Howlsome
TwentyTwan  vs  royzin
JonAmon 25  vs  SOMALIA
Tuthur  vs  nicole7735
darkness_poke2  vs  Tree69420
TehTayTeh  vs  Sificon
Ema Skye  vs  chub
Mr.Bossaru  vs  yovan33321
BloodAce  vs  stunner047

Extension deadline on Wednesday January 25th 11PM GMT-3. Round 2 deadline on Monday January 30th 10AM GMT-3.

Last edited:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Following this post, there have been shifts in RBY ZU with the rise of Gastly to PU and many drops.

THOSE SHIFTS DO NOT AFFECT THIS ROUND AND WILL ONLY AFFECT THIS TOURNAMENT FROM ROUND 3 ONWARDS
Hi, sorry to put you in a weird situation but I have an update on that, which can be found here. Also posted this in ZU Old Gens Hub but figured I want to get it as visible as possible so y'all can make a decision before the next round starts.

phoopes said:
Now, for how this affects the ongoing ZU Tournament:

I don't really want to be like, "not my tour, not my problem," but I will say that I would feel bad making the decision for the ZU Tournament especially in a complicated situation like this. I will copy/paste this portion of the post in the relevant threads so it's more visible but with how I see it, there are a few options for the ZU tournament:

1. Keep the old list for the duration of the tournament. This way no one has to learn/adjust to a new meta mid-tournament. With everything going on, I think this might be the best option (but that's just personal opinion).
2. Take the VR that was posted by Volk for now and run with that the rest of the tournament. It is a community VR, even if it's in dispute right now. I don't particularly care for this option personally since people have to learn a completely new meta mid-tournament, but some have expressed support for this afaik
3. Scrap the VR that was posted by Volk and wait for the new and improved version to come out sometime soon (hopefully), then use that whenever it's posted. Personally, I feel like the same as above, because learning a new meta mid-tournament sucks, but some have expressed support for this afaik
4. Use the VR that was posted by Volk until the new and improved version comes out, then use that one instead. While this might be the most faithful to what is "truly" PU and what isn't (and even that's up for debate), I think making people learn three metas for one tournament would really suck and I would not recommend it.
5. Something else I'm not thinking of.

Ultimately, I think it's up to the hosts of the ZU Tournament to decide what to do. Sorry that this is a weird situation to put you in, but I think I laid out the options pretty well with reasonable (personal) opinions on what to do. Maybe do a poll of the ZU community/tournament players to see what they think? I know the next round is coming up soon but hopefully this can be resolved quickly. Sorry again, feel free to reach out to me with any questions/comments/concerns and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)