Z-Moves Everywhere: V2 - Balance Slate: Gothitelle, Buzzwole, Pheramosa (Discussion)

Not gonna lie, I feel terrible for not being as active as I should be. Things are very busy for me at the moment, and although I try my best to keep on top of things sometimes I just can't. Anyway, we shall continue on!

Congrats to Origin0 for winning with Uxie, FireFawkes47 for winning with Azelf, and after a three-way tie, I've given Mesprit to ToadBrigade !

Origin0 = 5
ToadBrigade = 4
FireFawkes47 = 3
FireFwakes47 = 4
Origin0 = 4
ToadBrigade = 4
FireFawkes47 = 6
Origin0 = 3
Ticktock = 2
ToadBrigade = 1

Slate #4 - The Kami Trio
tornadus.gif
thundurus.gif
landorus.gif

Look at these dudes. They look like they could use some Z-Moves. Can I count on you guys to deliver?

Voting ends next Friday. Good luck!

Last edited:

Z-Move Name: Sinister Cylclone
Z-Crystal:
Tornadium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Z-Move Power: 190
Required Move: Hurricane
Z-Move Description: Tornadus wreaks destruction across the land with its ferocious gales as has been told in ancient folktales.
Z-Move Effect: Therian Forme sets Mysterious Air Current until Tornadus switches out or faints. Incarnate Forme sets an Airlock effect for five turns but deals 1.2x damage.

Z-Move Name: Barbaric Bolts
Z-Crystal:
Thundurium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Required Move: Thunder
Z-Move Description: Thundurus wreaks destruction across the land with its fierce thunderstorms as has been told in ancient folktales.
Z-Move Effect: Therian Forme sets Rain until Thundurus switches out or faints. Incarnate Forme sets Rain for five turns but deals 1.2x damage.

Z-Move Name: Abundant Absolution
Z-Crystal:
Landorium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Required Move: Earthquake
Z-Move Description: Landorus's wrath is unleashed against those who cause harm. As told in ancient folktales Landorus strikes flying Pokemon from the sky.
Z-Move Effect: Therian Forme sets Gravity until Landorus switches out or faints. Incarnate Forme sets a Telekinesis effect for five turns but deals 1.2x damage.

Last edited:

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Z-Move Name: Wonder Thunder
Z-Crystal Name: Thundurium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Z-Move Category:

Z-Move Description: Thundurus creates a huge thunder wave and zaps it on the foe.
Z-Move Effect: Hits Electric-, and Grass-types for neutral damage.
moves.js
JavaScript:
"wonderthunder": {
basePower: 190,
accuracy: true,
category: "Special",
shortDesc: "Hits Electric-, and Grass-types for neutral damage.",
id: "wonderthunder",
name: "Wonder Thunder",
pp: 1,
priority: 0,
flags: {},
onPrepareHit: function(target, source) {    this.attrLastMove('[still]');this.add('-anim', source, "Revelation Dance", target);},
onEffectiveness(typeMod, target, type) {
            if (type === 'Grass' || type === 'Electric') return 1;
        },

target: "normal",
type: "Electric",
isZ: "thunduriumz",
},
items.js
Code:
"thunduriumz":{
id: "thunduriumz",
name: "Thundurium-Z",
onTakeItem: false,
zMove: "Wonder Thunder",
zMoveFrom: "Thunder",
zMoveUser: ["Thundurus"],
desc: "If the holder is a Thundurus with the move Thunder, it can use Wonder Thunder.",
},

Z-Move Name: Triple Tornado Twist / Swift Straight wind
Z-Crystal: Tornadium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Z-Move Power: 200/ N/A
Required Move: Hurricane/Tail wind
Z-Move Description: Tornadus sends a massive tornado crashing down on his foe whipping around the air and anything in the way
Z-Move description(Therian): Using his therian form he beats his wings to cause a massive straight wind blowing everything away including himself from the sheer force of it causing him to rocket backward hurting himself in the process.
Z-Move Effect: deals big damage confusing foe ignores stat boosts substitutes protect and abilities.
Z-Move Effect(Therian): Causes foe to switch removes all hazards weather and terrains causes the user to switch after foe has swapped sets up tailwind +1 priority lose 33% of health.

Z-Move Name: Vindictive Volt Volley/ Sadistic Storm Strike
Z-Crystal: Thundurium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Z-Move Power: 20/120
Required Move: Volt Switch/Thunder
Z-Move Description: Thundurus throws a volley of electric discs as he retreats attempting to cripple his foe.
Z-Move Description(Therian): Thundurus with the massive power boost of his therian form he calls forth a massive thunderstorm and strikes his foe down with the biggest bolt of lightning he can manage.
Z-Move Effect: attacks 5 times each hit has a 50% chance of paralyzing attack doubles in power if the foe is paralyzed. Switches out.
Z-Move Effect(Therian): Sets up Rain and electric terrain then strikes with a thunderbolt will full para the foe 100% of the time.

Z-Move Name: Eternal Earth Equalizer/Great Ground Gash
Z-Crystal: Landorium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Z-Move Power: 200/150
Required Move: Earth Power/Earthquake
Z-Move Description: Controlling the very earth its self to control gravity he causes foes to drop to the ground and then warps the earth below them crushing them insides of the ground leaving nothing left.
Z-Move Description(Therian): Using his powered of attack he smashes into the ground creating a massive chasm before closing it but still leaving a scar on the earth with jagged rocks the shock of closing the earth sends him backward though.
Z-Move Effect: activates gravity and smackdown then hits with a 200 attack
Z-Move Effect(Therian): smashes with a 150 attack move then sets up stealth rocks and switches out.

(sorry been kinda busy)

Every time I wait for more submissions I end up delaying this to unreasonable levels so I'm just going to open voting as things are. Here are the options:

Z-Move Name: Sinister Cylclone
Z-Crystal:
Tornadium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Required Move: Hurricane
Z-Move Description: Tornadus wreaks destruction across the land with its ferocious gales as has been told in ancient folktales.
Z-Move Effect: Therian Forme sets Mysterious Air Current until Tornadus switches out or faints. Incarnate Forme sets an Airlock effect for five turns but deals 1.2x damage.

Z-Move Name: Triple Tornado Twist / Swift Straight wind
Z-Crystal: Tornadium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Z-Move Power: 200/ N/A
Required Move: Hurricane/Tail wind
Z-Move Description: Tornadus sends a massive tornado crashing down on his foe whipping around the air and anything in the way
Z-Move description(Therian): Using his therian form he beats his wings to cause a massive straight wind blowing everything away including himself from the sheer force of it causing him to rocket backward hurting himself in the process.
Z-Move Effect: deals big damage confusing foe ignores stat boosts substitutes protect and abilities.
Z-Move Effect(Therian): Causes foe to switch removes all hazards weather and terrains causes the user to switch after foe has swapped sets up tailwind +1 priority lose 33% of health.

Z-Move Name: Barbaric Bolts
Z-Crystal:
Thundurium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Z-Move Description: Thundurus wreaks destruction across the land with its fierce thunderstorms as has been told in ancient folktales.
Z-Move Effect: Therian Forme sets Rain until Thundurus switches out or faints. Incarnate Forme sets Rain for five turns but deals 1.2x damage.

Z-Move Name: Wonder Thunder
Z-Crystal Name: Thundurium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Z-Move Category:

Z-Move Description: Thundurus creates a huge thunder wave and zaps it on the foe.
Z-Move Effect: Hits Electric-, and Grass-types for neutral damage.
moves.js
JavaScript:
"wonderthunder": {
basePower: 190,
accuracy: true,
category: "Special",
shortDesc: "Hits Electric-, and Grass-types for neutral damage.",
id: "wonderthunder",
name: "Wonder Thunder",
pp: 1,
priority: 0,
flags: {},
onPrepareHit: function(target, source) {    this.attrLastMove('[still]');this.add('-anim', source, "Revelation Dance", target);},
onEffectiveness(typeMod, target, type) {
            if (type === 'Grass' || type === 'Electric') return 1;
        },

target: "normal",
type: "Electric",
isZ: "thunduriumz",
},
items.js
Code:
"thunduriumz":{
id: "thunduriumz",
name: "Thundurium-Z",
onTakeItem: false,
zMove: "Wonder Thunder",
zMoveFrom: "Thunder",
zMoveUser: ["Thundurus"],
desc: "If the holder is a Thundurus with the move Thunder, it can use Wonder Thunder.",
},

Z-Move Name: Vindictive Volt Volley/ Sadistic Storm Strike
Z-Crystal: Thundurium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Z-Move Power: 20/120
Required Move: Volt Switch/Thunder
Z-Move Description: Thundurus throws a volley of electric discs as he retreats attempting to cripple his foe.
Z-Move Description(Therian): Thundurus with the massive power boost of his therian form he calls forth a massive thunderstorm and strikes his foe down with the biggest bolt of lightning he can manage.
Z-Move Effect: attacks 5 times each hit has a 50% chance of paralyzing attack doubles in power if the foe is paralyzed. Switches out.
Z-Move Effect(Therian): Sets up Rain and electric terrain then strikes with a thunderbolt will full para the foe 100% of the time.

Z-Move Name: Abundant Absolution
Z-Crystal:
Landorium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Required Move: Earthquake
Z-Move Description: Landorus's wrath is unleashed against those who cause harm. As told in ancient folktales Landorus strikes flying Pokemon from the sky.
Z-Move Effect: Therian Forme sets Gravity until Landorus switches out or faints. Incarnate Forme sets a Telekinesis effect for five turns but deals 1.2x damage.

Z-Move Name: Eternal Earth Equalizer/Great Ground Gash
Z-Crystal: Landorium-Z
Z-Move Type:

Z-Move Power: 200/150
Required Move: Earth Power/Earthquake
Z-Move Description: Controlling the very earth its self to control gravity he causes foes to drop to the ground and then warps the earth below them crushing them insides of the ground leaving nothing left.
Z-Move Description(Therian): Using his powered of attack he smashes into the ground creating a massive chasm before closing it but still leaving a scar on the earth with jagged rocks the shock of closing the earth sends him backward though.
Z-Move Effect: activates gravity and smackdown then hits with a 200 attack
Z-Move Effect(Therian): smashes with a 150 attack move then sets up stealth rocks and switches out.

Submissions end Monday. Good luck!

Assuming there won't be more subs, will update if there're anymore.

Tornadus: ToadBrigade, Rose_Warrior
Thundurus: Charizard8888, ToadBrigade, Rose_Warrior
Landorus: Rose_Warrior, ToadBrigade

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Tornadus: ToadBridge, Rose_Warrior
Thundurus: charizard888, Rose_Warrior, ToadBrigade
Landorus: Rose_Warrior, ToadBrigade

also oh god oh fuvk Kilgrave hasn't been online for over a month what do

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here we have the winners
Tornadus: ToadBrigade
Thundurus: charizard8888
Landorus: Rose_Warrior

Till Kilgrave announces the next slate, we can discuss the existing Z-Moves (Archive) before the PMGS Open arrives.
A lot of Z-Moves have been coded which can be tested in Dragon Heaven.
Swampy Smackdown
Intensified Inferno
Destructive Downpour
Hail Hydra
Pursuing Strike
Earthly Crush
Blossoming Life Drain
Honing Rocks
Snowstorm Spinkle
Inferno Burst
Blitzing Tremor
Pyrotechnics
Depthstride Decimation
Inner Aura Focus
Hyper Water Shuriken
Toad's Hypno-Spiral
High Delivery Deluge
Sacred Spiral
Omnitemporal Blast
Ancient Servant's Ascension
Celestial Curse
Catostrophic Continent Crash
Superior Strike
Infernal Flare Up
Crashing Coco Craze
Frozen Flechettes
Indestructable Hair Whips
Venomous Fang Bite
Striking Jaw Crush
Emperor's New Land
Golden Coin Barrage
Parting Burst
Stampeding Solar Strike
Necrotic Burst
Sneaky Shade Strike
Super Razor Crusher
Annihilating Ancient Amber
Supernova Strike
Fantastic Forest Fortress
Eruption Destruction
Ferocious Death Roll
Rhino Rush
A Time For Giving
Rose of Kōjin
Mythical Tempest
Leaf Maelstrom
Blazing Meteor Kick
Reckless Hydro Hammering
Sleight of Hand
Harsh Tooth Honing
Armor-Build Blades
Fortifying Frost Storm
Ultimate Alloy Cannon
Dive Bomb
Super POP!
Noble Forest Serpent
Rock-Crushing Grip
Haunted Ignis
Searing Spell
Blazing Bullet Strike
Draining Ribbon Dance
Ignited Flare Outburst
Beak Overdrive
Horse Shoe Rack
Coconut Crash
Abhorrent Absorbing Abyss
Relic Dragon Roar
Slaughtering Slash
Naga Venom Bomb
The Stack Attacks
Nuclear Fireworks Display
Grasp of All Energy
Fortress of Thorns
Royal Wave
Lovely Lullaby
Flaming Force Out
Sharp Shell Strike
Clumsy Commotion
Loyalty Lunge
Time Crash
Zealous Zephyr Zap
Jack Frost's Cruelty
Ignis Veritatis
Fulgur Idealis
Shocking Shell Hell
Dwarf Star Crush
Lunatic Laser
Distorted Strike
Techno Burst
Aura of Life
Aura of Death
Bring Order to the World
Out of which Eruption Destruction, Ferocious Death Roll, and A Time For Giving are known for not working completely.

I'm back, apologies, I've been swamped in exams. The Grand Slam is coming up, and I've always been interested in balance, so let's have the first ever balancing slate shall we?

Balance Slate: Gothitelle, Buzzwole, Pheramosa
gothitelle.gif
buzzwole.gif
pheromosa.gif

Z-Crystal: Gothitellium-Z
Z-Move Name: Celestial Curse
Type: Psychic
Base Power: ---
Required Move: Future Sight
Z-Move Description: Gothitelle distorts the space around the opponent, then blasts them with psychic energy.
Z-Move Effect: Reduces the target's HP to 1. If the target's HP is already at 1, it faints.

The issues with this one should be obvious. Being able to reduce HP that low on a pokemon that can't recover is brutal, and, say, the Pokemon is afflicted with something like Toxic, it's an instant 1-turn kill. Although it is on a less-than-stellar Pokemon I find its existence questionable.
Z-Crystal: Buzzwolium-Z
Z-Move Name: Soul-Piercing Strike
Type: Bug
Base Power: 150
Required Move: Leech Life
Z-Move Description: Buzzwole attacks the target with its proboscis, draining out their life energy.
Z-Move Effect: All damage dealt is healed back to Buzzwole. Steals all stat changes.

Maybe its power doesn't look too bad, but consider a few things. This is Buzzwole, unlike Gothitelle a force to be reckoned with. It has an insane attack stat and Beast Boost to boot. It heals all of the damage dealt and steals stats, and if it kills, which it is likely to, it's an extra Beast Boost bonus too. Maybe I'm overeacting, but just consider it.
Z-Crystal: Pheronium-Z
Z-Move Name: Lucharacha
Type: Bug
Base Power: 140
Required Move: Lunge
Z-Move Description: Pheromosa dances around wonderfuly while releasing it's pheromones and launching multiple kicks at the foe.
Z-Move Effect: +1 everything. Infatuates the whole field regardless of gender.

Like Buzzwole, the issue is the Pokemon, but like Gothitelle, the issue is also the move. Pheramosa is absurd as is, a Z-Move with way lower than average power is still incredibly deadly in its hands, and to boot it has the ability to force any surviving opponent to fight purely on a coin toss. And maybe you could just switch but who wants to switch into Pheramosa? Not much, especially if it's your best counter you had to switch out. It's just as scary as Pheramosa itself.

So like, discuss these. Maybe I'm in the wrong and none of these moves are questionable, but I'll allow everyone else to decide on that. I'll give until Friday.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Gothitelle: I dunno what to think about this one. The effect's awesome, but the mon itself is otherwise laughably bad. Call me insane, but I think the effect might actually be a bit underpowered considering what you have to work with: when you think about it, it's just a better, one-time use Super Fang on a mon that can't even cut it in ZU.

Buzzwole: Maybe. I think cutting the regeneration down to 50% of damage dealt should resolve any balance issues.

Pheromosa: It's Uber, who cares.

phero is shitty garbage in ubers and needs all the help it can get. maybe remove the infatuation affect in exchange for boosting it to 160 BP (or maybe even higher) because attract is fucking stupid and annoying, but that's not really a balance concern

soul-piercing strike doesn't sound broken to me. the only thing to be fixed is its name which sounds too much like soul-stealing 7-star strike imo

celestial curse is the only one i'm even vaguely worried about. not sure what to do about it though

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Gothitelle: Yeah, while Gothitelle is unfortuneately garbage, that would just make it even more powerful for it to Toxic the opponent, then inflict it with Celestial Curse, then it kills that target. Unsure how to do it.

Buzzwole: Well, 150 BP is kinda weak for a Z-move, but at least 75% or stealing the stat drops as well (or both) can work.

Pheromosa: Pheromosa is complete garbage from what I heard, so at least a power boost (maybe 170 BP) will do.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Gotitelle: It's fine. You're infinitely better off running Z-Kartana or whatever and being able to sweep off of a kill compared to, well, using Goth. Not to mention if the opponent just switches in a Torn-T or whatever to take the Z and then regen off the damage. Would be problematic if Goth had Shadow Tag but it doesn't.

Buzzwole: Also OK. Buzz is slow and pretty ass as is, so a way for it act as a cool Stall Z-User is fun. Will likely force a switch against boosted mons but taking a 150 BP Bug move isn't super tough. After that move is used you're just fighting a normal Buzzwole, which isnt hard

Phero is an Uber so no clue why we're looking at her

For mons we should actually look at:

Kartana, Gren, and Mage (because these mons frankly do not need to be better than they already are). These moves are the only ones that I think really need to be changed, or just banned, because there's not much of a reason to run anything else when you can just use a coked-up Ash Gren

One last thing- Gigalith's Z is hilarious and shouldn't be touched because I want to see hypersonic Gigalith lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)