Gumshoos @ Red Card
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant / Brave Nature
- Yawn
- Return
- Payback
- Earthquake / U-Turn

Start it off with a bang. Red Card to force the opponent to switch and eat a Stakeout Return in the face! I'm not sure what attacks it can survive but Max HP is our best bet here. Not sure if theres anything noteworthy with base 45 speed but Brave is an option if it does so you can assure you attack last. Yawn to force a switch on something else perhaps. Not sure how effective this will be but it's an option.
Oh my Arceus. I didn't even consider Red Card card. That's terrifying.

If nobody will mention it, I will

Gumshoos @ Red Card
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant / Brave Nature
- Yawn
- Return
- Payback
- Earthquake / U-Turn

Start it off with a bang. Red Card to force the opponent to switch and eat a Stakeout Return in the face! I'm not sure what attacks it can survive but Max HP is our best bet here. Not sure if theres anything noteworthy with base 45 speed but Brave is an option if it does so you can assure you attack last. Yawn to force a switch on something else perhaps. Not sure how effective this will be but it's an option.
This is a great idea. If only his defenses weren't so weak... then again it's actually kinda interesting that so many Alola mons seem to have huge potential but also huge limitations, makes team building interesting.

I think this guy would benefit from some slow u-turns/volt switches to bring him in safe. Decidueye might be a good partner in that regard. Immune to fighting while Gumshoos is immune to ghost, slow u-turn, spirit shackle on Decidueye and yawn on Gumshoos can make switching complicated for the opponent.

You know why people are so disappointed about this Pokemon? Because Gamefreak talked about it as if they're going to make this thing competitive. Seriously Gamefreak, when you reveal a Pokemon, don't talk about it's competitive capabilities when you're not going to make it competitive at all.

You know why people are so disappointed about this Pokemon? Because Gamefreak talked about it as if they're going to make this thing competitive. Seriously Gamefreak, when you reveal a Pokemon, don't talk about it's competitive capabilities when you're not going to make it competitive at all.
It has a very competitive ability, and they put it on a mon you can't just slap a scarf on and call it a day. Requires good support in parting shot/slow u-turns to bring it in safely. But when it works, it hits hard

Kind of reminds me of some of the other route rodents like Linoone and Bibarel. They have these clear situations where they can be very strong, but it's not very reliable or practical and if pulled off probably still isn't going to take over the game. Linoone gets Belly Drum Extremespeed, Bibarel gets mean if it has a chance to set up.

I honestly think Gumshoos has one of the clearer, more realistic success cases though. It mostly just needs to be sent out at the right time, then you can have a giggle as it hits whatever switches in very hard and does its job.

It's a little bit bulkier than Floatzel so it might be able to take one hit before it goes down. You could probably even run a cheesy set consisting only of Yawn and Last Resort with red card or something like that. Last resort on a Pokemon switching in against this guy will hit like a truck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)