Media Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion: MK3

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Finally spent enough materials to make a Gren Maju deck on Master Duel and am currently on a 17 win streak, up to Plat 4, highly recommend it if you want to quickly ladder and farm some gems for the Ishizu packs and the inevitable Tear drop (Macro also hard fucks Tear afaik which is a plus so it'll retain playability going forward).

BTW for those that play YGO, which game do you think RNG is more likely to influence a game (Not match, just game), YGO or Pokemon VGC? A ton of YGO fans keep making the argument that because combo decks can consistently combo off, it means there is very little to no RNG in the game... But I heavily disagree. Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you WILL due to possible interactions with the opponent. Then there's board breakers that you have to factor into the equation, along with the fact that nothing in YGO is 100%. Heck even the best pro-players have admitted to winning or losing to outright bricking or opening the nuts, and these players build the most consistent decks out there.

spatula

I LOVE CHIPFLAVOUR
is a Tiering Contributor
BTW for those that play YGO, which game do you think RNG is more likely to influence a game (Not match, just game), YGO or Pokemon VGC? A ton of YGO fans keep making the argument that because combo decks can consistently combo off, it means there is very little to no RNG in the game... But I heavily disagree. Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you WILL due to possible interactions with the opponent. Then there's board breakers that you have to factor into the equation, along with the fact that nothing in YGO is 100%. Heck even the best pro-players have admitted to winning or losing to outright bricking or opening the nuts, and these players build the most consistent decks out there.
Not sure but I think in both games there are ways to minimize how much rng affects you. Combo decks can consistently combo off but you lose the die roll 50% of the time and need to hard draw the correct non engine to beat them, so rng definitely matters. But theres a reason you see the same names topping events. They're just good at playing and deckbuilding.

Not sure but I think in both games there are ways to minimize how much rng affects you. Combo decks can consistently combo off but you lose the die roll 50% of the time and need to hard draw the correct non engine to beat them, so rng definitely matters. But theres a reason you see the same names topping events. They're just good at playing and deckbuilding.
Well yes of course, skill in both games matters the most, but IMHO I think the main factor is nothing in any card games, YGO as well is 100%. Even full-power ZOO did not mean you saw combo every single game, and that's the most consistent deck in history. And then there's luck with what you see, optimal hands, etc. Luck matters a ton when two players are of similar skill calibre. Heck in the recent YCS stream, Kotton outplayed Pak, and he imho had the better deck, but Pak won because he was a bit luckier at the end of the day. If Kotton had bad luck against a mediocre player, I don't think it would have mattered, but against a similar calibre player, it sure did. I think the main thing is different formats have drastic skill/luck ratio. It happens in Pokemon as well, but I don't think it's as volatile. I think there's far more of a probability of minimizing RNG in Pokemon, some RNG cannot happen at all in Pokemon if the team is built right, like a Special Attack-orientated team doesn't care if somehow every member gets burnt (And in many cases is probably a blessing in disguise, since that means your best mons can't be put to sleep or paralyzed). Also last point, but a lot of YGO players think their game is significantly less RNG than other TCGs, and while I agree there's less RNG in YGO, it also doesn't change the fact that in every TCG, the best players are the ones constantly topping.

Last edited:
Runick.png

Notes:
- haven't seen anyone run Planet Pathfinder in runick but it helps a lot with field searching w/o having to expend as many resources with hugin + can still search with skill drain active or otherwise be used to rank into bagooska. overall very good card.
- prohibition/solemn judgement for going second counters to techs like evenly matched, cosmic cyclone or key parts of your opponent's deck that are hard to out otherwise. both work well with Majesty's Fiend.
- allure for runick mirrors or facing purrely.
- relinquished anima to pawn off d hero dark angel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)