Your Favorite Theme in Pokemon?

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Here are some extra favorites of mine that I'd like to share that may or may not have already been brought up by other people. They're just so good not to mention again, you know? I've provided YouTube links for each of them for viewer convenience.

Route 47 (HGSS):

Northerly Town (Rumble Blast):

Route 113 (ORAS):

Route 42 (FRLG Remix from GSC):

Route 18 (XY):

Seafolk Village - Night (SM):

The Frism (Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity):

Opelucid City (White Version):

Route 209 (Smash Bros. Brawl Remix from DPP):

And on top of this list I will gladly recommend at least 90% of the entire Ranger series OSTs. No bias here at all. Nope, absolutely not. All three of the games' music gets progressively better in my opinion, even if my favorite is the least popular of the three... *cries*

So it turns out that Game Freak has been releasing non-Pokemon games pretty regularly every few years Little Town Hero wasn't just something that came out of the blue. Anyway, one of them was some kind of rhythm game, and it has a few bonus levels with Pokemon music. And the one for the bike song has the pause menu as a main instrument.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So it turns out that Game Freak has been releasing non-Pokemon games pretty regularly every few years Little Town Hero wasn't just something that came out of the blue. Anyway, one of them was some kind of rhythm game, and it has a few bonus levels with Pokemon music. And the one for the bike song has the pause menu as a main instrument.

Note this is what the gameplay looks like, I think seeing it makes it a bit more understandable why they included the extra sound effects:

Imperial Magala,

I, too, like the atmosphere of her theme: It's ominous, dark, and evokes the sense of the ultimate battle, maybe would fit a Giratina encounter.

Speaking of masters, I do like a lot of the tracks played (the violin sounds in the "recruitment window")

Was there any particular game whose soundtracks all were pretty much spot on?

Last edited:
#1 favourite for me might be Mt. Coronet - that song is just amazing and I quite like what they did with it for BDSP.

I am also really fond of Hugh's themes in BW2 (Best rival, don't @ me) and SwSh had some cool ones in Oleana's theme and the Galarian birds' theme.

For spinoffs, I like Primal Dialga's theme, although I forgot what it was called.

And of course, we have the classic, Miror B theme.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
First post on this thread of 2022. I'd expect this thread to be even more active after the release of Legends: Arceus and potentially whenever Gen 9 gets announced. Speaking of Arceus, I might actually have a migraine if I hear this theme in the new game.

Let me tell you a little story about everyone's favorite llama-god. Long before Legends: Arceus was ever conceived, the Pokémon did have one appearance within the main series canon. The Ranger series has a host of excellent songs, but this one sticks out in particular, because so few people have ever actually heard it. When you think Arceus music, you probably think of its main series theme from the fourth generation games, which was later repurposed for the initial reveal of the Legends: Arceus game.

The different with this theme, however, is that it's within the game itself as opposed to part of some Wi-Fi event. This game did have its own Arceus event back in the day, but here's the catch- that event ties directly into Guardian Sign's lore, which in turn is connected to both Arceus and the region itself. There's just something about this that I find unironically genius when I compare it to the new game we're seeing over 11 years later.

And I haven't even talked about the song itself yet. I very rarely go into this much detail about a single music piece in a Pokémon game, if ever, but let me just say that there are few things as terrifying as the inclusion of Arceus in this game's context. If you'd like to know more, PM me sometime. Even in the Wi-Fi event where the actual battle with it is much easier than the real fight in the past, the sounds of that organ as Arceus descends from above gives me the chills in a way that I almost never experience in Pokémon. Serving as an encounter theme and a battle theme in one fell swoop, I consider this underrated masterpiece to be Arceus's true theme. Most fans today will never understand the sheer brutality of even trying to reach Arceus in this game, something that not even myself was ever able to do as a child.

bdt2002, I totally agree. As a classical music listener, I can't help but hear Bach /Phantom of the opera combined. I never reached Arceus myself, but from what I've seen, the theme fits the difficulty.

Is there official soundtrack released online for the game?

Most of my favorite tracks are from PMD2. Dialga's Fight to the Finish, The Power of Darkness, and Through the Sea of Time especially. Outside of PMD2 my favorite tracks would probably be the Elite 4 theme from R/S/E and Wally's theme from OR/AS. I'm honestly not all that big a fan of video game music in general, but PMD2 had some amazing tracks for its time.

Who expected eurobeats to show up in a Pokemon game, let alone a Dialga/Palkia remix.
Actually just hopped into this thread to talk about this same thing, hahaha. Really wasn't expecting to hear something like that, least of all in a game that featured all folk/traditional music. That said, it's quite cool!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Transcendent and divine piece of music. They took the already climactic DPPt Mt. Coronet theme and transformed it into a radiant composition that at times feels more comparable to something like KH3's Edge of Existence or Bowser's Galaxy Reactor from SMG1 in terms of grandeur. The best overworld theme Pokemon has ever produced by leaps and bounds.

The new Dialga Palkia themes are literally in another level!!! I think these are my fav tracks in like...ever!

A orchestrated, slower rendition of their theme, I LOVE the start up, and the whole song is perfect for the big climatic battle against the time/space deities. I was already expecting some epic remix for the game set in ancient Sinnoh and this already delivered. But then they decide to blow me away again with THIS...

This blood pumping techno remix in my ancient Sinnoh game?! And it's GLORIOUS AS FUCK. Both Origin formes look majestic and now are not holding anything back. The fast tempo in the middle, the chorus at the beginning, the drums at the middle; it's a fantastic theme...unfortunately stuck to a disappointing final battle. Oh well, it's not SMG2 Bowser levels of easy at least...

Mt. Moon just has good music, no matter which iteration of Kanto you visit.

What the hell, let's throw in the Johto tracks too. When HGSS recreates all of Kanto, it brings all of it, including the full melody here.

TrRizzo09

formerly Pkmn trainer Rizzo
this is just art:
It gave me feelings that are quite hard to explain.

I love the "successor" of this theme too:
A very underrated theme. I feel that both of them say to me "you're almost there, don't give up!"

And this cannot miss:
Bro, I just love how epic the final battle was with this theme.

Yeah, I know I'm a sick Unova simp lmao. But there're many soundtracks I love in other games, such as:
I wasn't expecting a post game when I played alpha sapphire the first time. You can imagine what was my reaction when I heard an epic theme like this.

At the moment, I put two routes theme, one battle theme, and the city theme I like the most is..
Yes, Unova again but you can't tell me that the first time u heard this masterpiece you didn't hear it with your soul.
Maybe I got a little nostalgic, now I can sleep more relaxed than I expected :)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Now baby. They ain't gonna do us like this, right? They ain't gonna give us a fuckin taste of YOKO SHIMOMURA KINO applied to POKEMON and not follow through, surely? She's gonna get on a main series game, I want her to, she has to. It's just a few phone calls to deliver us grand basedium. Surely Game Freak is willing to make them, RIGHT?!

copium_png.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)