Approved Your Epic Guide to Dank Memes on PS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
pro tip: this is satire
  • Introduction
    • welcome to the wholesome and family friendly environment known as pokemon showdown!
    • while you can battle, talk, trade, and do all sorts of things on showdown, everyone needs something to spice up their life
    • have you ever wanted to be as coolest guy at a party?
    • have you ever wanted to be the dankest person in the room?
    • how about the server?
    • i introduce to you: dank memes and how to meme on pokemon showdown!
  • Memes and You: Being the Dankest Memer Around
    • okay, you get the concept. memes are a part of life. excellent. but how can you, a reader as handsome and attractive as yourself, take part in this newfound way of life?
    • according to reliable site wikihow, [...]
  • Tools of the Trade
    • lenny/dongers
    • pokememes
      • diggersby tho
      • assault vest
    • the lobby
      • the lobby is a breeding ground for new and epic memes.
      • in the lobby, intellectuals from all four corners of the earth combine their might and wisdom to craft new memes
    • etc
  • Conclusion
    • remember, staff members absolutely love when the server being overflown by epic and dank memers.

Last edited:
If you could try to keep this appropriate that would be great, be sure to mention somewhere that staff absolutely hate most of these when they're overused in chat so people don't think it's ok to go crazy with these, sarcasm would be nice here and there as well.

Antemortem / shaymin

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you could try to keep this appropriate that would be great, be sure to mention somewhere that staff absolutely hate most of these when they're overused in chat so people don't think it's ok to go crazy with these, sarcasm would be nice here and there as well.

Antemortem / shaymin
could you give me a clearer definition of "appropriate?" i know that you probably dont want sexual references but is there anything else i'm missing that should be omitted?

Just don't go overboard with explaining and giving examples, and absolute make sure people know you're joking so we don't have people imitating it in chat.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I'm really on the fence about this. Most satire articles we've been host to have had at least some sort of constructive reasoning behind it; this seems to have none

xzern

for sure
I'm really on the fence about this. Most satire articles we've been host to have had at least some sort of constructive reasoning behind it; this seems to have none
it doesn't need to have a constructive reason. it's satire, the reason for it is to give the reader a few laughs.

since it seems we're on the fence on this, i want to provide my input, so you do what you will with it Antemortem/Spydreigion

if people want to fuck around w/article ideas, let them. as long as what they're writing makes sense to your average reader and gives a few laughs (and is appropriate), who cares?

im strongly against limiting creativity on article ideas such as this just because doesn't have a logical foundation.

my two cents.

it just needs to be done really well and not be cringeworthy, and im sure xzern has knowledge of enough memes and has the personality to be funny in this, so why not give it a shot?

Last edited:

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
fair enough, but realize where the line is between funny and cringey.

SpyEdit: ^LOL I guess xzern never kept this in mind

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)