Challenge [YELLOW COLORLOCKE, LOST TO LANCE] Aegon Targaryen's Crystal Hardcore Nuzlocke Playthroughs!

What Hardcore Nuzlocke should I do next?

• Colorlocke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Animelocke

• Specialocke

• BSTlocke

• Other

• Total voters
suicune.jpg

Image originally by karasora (link)

Pokemon Crystal Hardcore Nuzlocke Playthrough

After seeing some of the awesome playthroughs and challenges being done here, I decided to throw my hat into the metaphorlcal ring too!

My plan is to do a Hardcore Nuzlocke of Pokemon Crystal. Having already completed a Hardcore Water Nuzlocke after MULTIPLE tries, I decided to do a Hardcore Nuzlocke that's a little bit more...creative.

The challenge ends at Red and the rules are as follows:

1) First Come, First Capture: Can only catch/buy/obtain the first Pokemon I find or encounter in each area (only after I have Poke Balls the first time).
2) HM/Dupe Clause: HM-only users and Dupes (Pokemon already captured before) are exempt from Rule 1.
3) Level Cap: Pokemon used vs Gyms/E4/Lance/Red cannot surpass the level of the highest-level Pokemon of the closest boss outside boss battle*.
4) Time Manipulation: There are no limits to manipulating DST settings or time to, say, capture certain Pokemon earlier or trigger rematches/items.
5) You Faint, You Die: Exactly what it says. If my entire party dies, the challenge is over.
6) No Non-Held Items in Battle: Poke Ball variants are allowed in wild battles, but that is it. No Full Restores, Revives, X-Items, Potions, etc.
7) Nickname Rule: Every Pokemon obtained must be nicknamed.
8) Set Mode: Exactly what it says.

Falkner: L9
Bugsy: L16
Whitney: L16
Morty: L25
Chuck - Pryce - Jasmine (can be done in any order): L35
Clair: L40
Will - Karen: L48
Lance: L50
Brock - Misty - Lt. Surge - Erika - Janine - Sabrina - Blaine - Blue (can be done in any order): L58
Red: L81

Last edited:
1461160586.huiro_天妇罗.png

Quilava by huiro, posted on Furaffinity.​

Day One and going strong! Here are some highlights:

Toughest battle yet:
Fighting Falkner with only L9 Pokemon is actually quite daunting, unless you chose Totodile and spammed Rage. I ultimately needed three Pokemon to take him down. each one holding a Berry, and each one using up said Berry before they fainted. The Pidgey was easy - Draco soloed him with Defense Curl x1 + Tackle, and managed to weaken Pidgeotto a bit but ultimately fell to yellow, forcing me to swap to Ella. With Ella, I Smokescreened Pidgeotto 3-4 times to wreck his accuracy, then sent in my own Pidgey (Gale) to finish the job with a couple or more Gusts.

Surprisingly hard battle:
The Sprout Tower dude, Elder/Sage Li (get it?). Having a L10 Pokemon when the level cap is L9, even if that Pokemon is a Hoothoot, makes him a formidable foe. I won without any deaths, but I had to definitely double or triple-team the Hoothoot.

Easiest battle yet:
Bugsy was a joke, as is typically the case if you chose Cyndaquil. I did. Ember from Ella. then a Quilava, one-shotted Metapod and Kakuna, and burned Scyther while downing him in two to three hits - Ella's HP never left the yellow zone.

Surprisingly easy battle:
Whitney...was a joke. No, really. I put her Clefairy to sleep easily with Piranha the Bellsprout. As the little fairy slept, I sent in Draco, had him set up one Defense Curl, and then...Rollout, baby. Clefairy fell and even Miltank was two-shotted at worst, IIRC. Draco's HP never eveen fell into the yellow. Needed a little more strategy and luck than the Bugsy fight so not quite the easiest, but still great.

Best capture:

Draco the male Sentret. Captured easily in one Poke Ball, and I didn't even weaken him either. Bonus points for being my 1st encounter.

Worst capture or fail:

A Magnemite I encountered in Route 39. Tried to weaken him just a bit for capture, only for him to flee...

Team MVP:

So far, Draco the Furret has been really clutch in quite a few battles, both against NPCs and against major bosses. Contributing against Falkner, revenging Azalea Rival's Croconaw with Quick Attack after Sgt. Byrd (Spearow) dented him, taking Clefairy and Miltank apart with ease and maybe a bit of support from Bellsprout, and pretty much obliterating NPCs after evolving...what's not to like?

Team LVP:

Probably a harsh term, but definitely Ella the Quilava. She really lacks attack power and bulk, and learning Ember after Gym 1 is not a good thing. Crushing Bugsy is good, even great, as is contributing to kills against Falkner and the Ecruteak Rival - but otherwise she's kinda seen relatively little action, and for good reason. Even NPCs tend to handle her firepower relatively well. Not a bad fighter by any means, but not great either.

Deaths: None so far!

Badges so far: 3.

Current team:

Ella the Quilava (Female, L23) - met as Cyndaquil in New Bark Town
Patrick the Staryu (Neutral, L21) - met in Route 40
Piranha the Weepinbell (Male, L22) - met as Bellsprout in Route 32
Draco the Furret (Male, L22) - met as Sentret in Route 29
Gaara the Sandshrew (Male, L6) - met in Union Cave
Sgt. Byrd the Fearow (Male, L22) - met as Spearow in Route 46

Last edited:

Fearow by DhawyT.​

I actually ended up doing very little on Days 2 and 3, only to do a LOT on Day 4 (today). I just beat the Elite Four and Lance...but it came at a heavy cost.

So, here are some highlights:

Toughest battle yet:
Clair was actually surprisingly easy, but still scary, paralyzed Ella and Patrick and left Ella and Piranha in yellow (and Patrick close). Ella took out Dragonair 1 and set up Sun, Piranha put Kingdra to sleep, and ate a Hyper Beam into yellow but took Kingdra down. Starmie took out the rest with Rain-boosted Surfs - yeah, I either forgot to use Icy Wind or did not teach it yet. I was underleveled (L37-38).

Yes, I'm serious. A wild Ponyta near Victory Road nearly killed Piranha. Fire Spin, and I ran out of PP for Sludge Bomb and only had Solarbeam for damage; thankfully I could put him to sleep and fire off a couple Solarbeams (albeit one occurred before sleep) for a KO.

Easiest battle yet:
Chuck was a joke. Piranha singlehandedly cleaned house, resisting Fighting and never getting Hypnotized or Dynamicpunched. I successfully put them to sleep and swept with Vine Whip after one or more couple of Growths.

Lance was a surprisingly easy win. Put Gyarados to sleep with Piranha, then sent Draco in to set up Defense Curl + Rollout. From there, he took out Gyarados, two Dragonites, and Aerodactyl solo (albeit living a Hyper Beam). Charizard came in and Rollout ended, but it did not matter. I sent in Patrick instead, set up a Rain Dance, healed from a Hyper Beam with Recover, and took the draconic non-dragon out with Surf. The L50 Dragonite came in, but wasted a turn to use Safeguard, only to die to two Icy Winds.

Best capture:

Rocky the male Geodude (now Golem). Took a few tries to capture, actually, but he was able to grow and join my team quite quickly and pull his weight against the Red Gyarados, Koga, and (especially) Team Rocket. Having an anti-Explosion tank is SO good in a Nuzlocke!

Worst capture or fail:

Took a while (multiple Balls) to catch Daisy the Farfetch'd near the Lake of Rage, and I am not sure why I even bothered. Never even used her in battle, and probably never will.

Team MVP:

Draco the Furret, again. In addition to his earlier conquests, Draco singlehandedly put an end to Morty's career with Curlout, avenged Sgt. Byrd against Karen, and all but smashed Lance. After I put Gyarados to sleep with Piranha, then sent Draco in to set up Curlout. From there, he took out Gyarados, two Dragonites, and Aerodactyl solo (albeit living a Hyper Beam). Charizard came in and Rollout ended, but it did not matter - Patrick was there to clean up the rest.

Team LVP:

Although Ella picked up quite a bit after evolving into Typhlosion and helped beat Clair (yes), Will, and Koga, she ultimately did not see all that much action. Her evolution level is really late for Johto (L36 is late for Johto and above the level cap for every Gym Leader there not called Clair), and the inaccuracy of Fire Blast and lack of bulk were a dubious bet in a Nuzlocke.

Deaths:
Put Umbreon to sleep with Piranha., then swapped to Sgt. Byrd (Fearow) to clean house with Drill Peck. Took out Gengar and Murkrow, but got Cursed in the process and took a bit of damage from Murkrow; then Houndoom came in. And between Curse damage and Flamethrower, Sgt. Byrd died. The first death of my run…but he also reduced Houndoom to low health. Draco then came in, outsped, and cleaned Houndoom and the following Vileplume with a couple Returns each (Karen healed Houndoom). I got paralyzed, but it did not matter.

Rest well, sky warrior. Sgt. Byrd the Fearow went down, but he did not go gentle.

Badges so far: 8 + Indigo League cleared!

Current team:

Ella the Typhlosion (Female, L43) - met as Cyndaquil in New Bark Town
Patrick the Starmie (Neutral, L44) - met as Staryu in Route 40
Piranha the Victreebel (Male, L43) - met as Bellsprout in Route 32
Draco the Furret (Male, L45) - met as Sentret in Route 29
Rocky the Golem (Male, L43) - met as Geodude in Mt. Mortar
Gale the Pidgey (Male, L13) - met as Pidgey in Route 30

Last edited:

Lanturn by Kezrek.​

Day 5 - and I WON the challenge! I defeated Red with a team in the early L60s,

Yet with victory came many, many losses. Last time, I only lost Sgt. Byrd; this time, I lost Draco, Patrick, Piranha, Daisy (yep), and a Lanturn I newly added to my team (named Sparx), between Blue and Red - pretty much the toughest ingame trainers. But their losses were not in vain.

Toughest battle yet:
Red turned out, as expected, to be THE toughest trainer I ever faced in this Nuzlocke. Dude singlehandedly killed not one, not two, but THREE of my team - Espeon took out Draco (whom I swapped to from Golem to ensure Harry the Alakazam can come in safely) in two Psychics, Blastoise took out Piranha (switch-in from Ella) with one Blizzard, and Charizard killed Sparx (albeit being basically crippled in the process by paralysis). In fact, Sparx died because I got cocky and stayed in to spam Thunder for some reason in spite of being slower and having a safe switch to Ella, if not Rocky.

Espeon came close to killing Harry (an Abra I added to my team using the fact I did not encounter or obtain any Pokemon in Goldenrod yet, and after Patrick died to Blue's Rhydon). After eating a lot of Psychics - thankfully none reduced my Sp. Def - and missing quite a few Toxics, I FINALLY managed to poison Espeon and outstall him using Recover until he was weak enough to be downed by a combination of Ice Punch and toxic.

Snorlax, Pikachu, and Venusaur were all easily trolled, however. Rocky manhandled the first two (in spite of being paralyzed by Body Slam from Snorlax twice - breaking out of the first paralysis incidence using a Przcureberry) and Ella destroyed Venusaur with a couple Flamethrowers while laughing off a Solarbeam.

Misty turned out to be fairly scary. Her Lapras nearly killed Draco with a critical Blizzard and scared off another Pokemon, and it ultimately took Draco, Patrick, Sparx, and Piranha to take her down.

Easiest battle yet:

The Rival was a joke. I encountered him by surprise before re-challenging the Elite Four for more experience, but Ella utterly wiped the floor with him. Given that the Rival actually killed my Pokemon in prior Nuzlockes, that was...unexpected, but undoubtedly appreciated!

Yes, Red was a surprisingly easy win...and also the toughest opponent I faced so far, possibly even by far. His Snorlax is usually a scary mon and extremely difficult to take down, but Rocky decimated him quickly with a Curse and two Earthquakes, even in spite of being paralyzed. Pikachu and Venusaur were jokes, as was Charizard (just a joke I fell for like a fool). Even Blastoise wasn't that scary compared to previous battles, though he killed Piranha. Only Espeon was horrifying in absolute terms, and in a way that was far more him being OP and far less me making bad calls.

Best capture:

Sparx the male Chinchou (later Lanturn). Easily fished up with a Super Rod and caught with a Lure or Ultra Ball after being weakened by Ella. He was already at L40 upon capture, evolved only one later, quickly kept up with the others, and overall helped conquer a lot of gyms in Kanto (special mention goes to MIsty), destroy Red's extremely terrifying Blastoise, and nearly killed his Charizard if not for my stupidity.

However, while technically not a capture, Harry the male Abra (now Alakazam) - obtained from the Game Corner - was a VERY good honorable mention, to the point I have to mention him here. Though I only got him after clearing all of Kanto and to replace Patrick (knowing that I needed a good Recover-using Psychic resist to Toxic-stall Espeon), he paid off HUGE. He grew incredibly quickly to match the rest of the team in levels with the Exp. Share on, then started obliterating Tentacools and Tentacruels near Cinnabar - great grinding spot, by the way - to catch up to the L40s by himself. A few E4 + Lance battles and some wild battles in Route 27, Mt. Silver, and Silver Cave later, he and the rest of my team were all sitting pretty at L60.

And although Harry had only one major fight...that fight was Red, and Harry did a fantastic job of beating what I would genuinely consider Red's scariest Pokemon - Espeon! Surprisingly high speed, decent enough special bulk, and Toxic + Recover allowed Harry to slowly but surely win.

Worst capture or fail:

Shockingly, it's still Daisy the female Farfetch'd, in spite of the capture occurring way back. However, I would say it's actually more my fault for not doing my research...I used Daisy for Fly and Cut after Sgt. Byrd fell in battle, and even taught her Thief - hoping to steal Leftovers from Snorlax. I successfully put Snorlax to Sleep, then swapped to Daisy to steal Leftovers...only for the big boi to promptly Snore for the OHKO. Yep. Rest well, Daisy.

Team MVP:

Rocky the Golem really came into his own; singlehandedly destroying Blue's Arcanine and helping bait Hyper Beams from Gyarados so we can kill him with Ella, then destroying Red's Pikachu and Snorlax with great ease. Even paralysis did not stop him, and Charm just missed. He also cleaned out Lt. Surge and helped against Janine - not the toughest of foes, of course, but Surge has Exploding Electrodes - never worth the risk in a Nuzlocke. Unless you're a tough little cookie.

Team LVP:

And that's not at all to say Ella is a BAD Pokemon or member of my team at all. The thing is, Ella lacked bulk and kinda lacked coverage, and though she destroyed Red's Venusaur and Blue's Exeggutor quite easily (and helped trash Erika), IMO she was perhaps the least ''carrying'' member of my team otherwise. Still awesome!

Deaths: Hoo boy.

I already told you how everyone died. But do know everyone did a great job and I made it that far because of each one of them.

Even Daisy helped a bit with the Cut and Fly so I didn't need to keep pulling Pokemon in and out of my PC.

Rest well, brave warriors!

Badges so far: 16 + Indigo League and Red cleared!

Run survivors:

Ella the Typhlosion (Female, L60) - met as Cyndaquil in New Bark Town
Harry the Alakazam (Male, L60) - met as Abra in Goldenrod City
Rocky the Golem (Male, L60) - met as Geodude in Mt. Mortar

That was a great run, but if I had one complaint...it seemed a little cookie cutter to me. I would like to do a Nuzlocke that's a lot more creative, but not too complex and hard to follow. I'm thinking of doing a Chesslocke next, but I'm thinking of modifying the rules a little bit.

My current idea for the rules (to be updated later):

1) First Come, First Capture: Can only catch/buy/obtain the first Pokemon I find or encounter in each area (only after I have Poke Balls the first time).

2) Only 16 Pieces: First, only sixteen Pokémon may be acquired throughout the entire run (the player’s starter, and fifteen others) to coincide with the number of pieces on one side of a chess match. HM-only users are exempt from that rule. New encounters will still count, even if you cannot capture them.

3) Chess Rules: Each piece has their own rules. Each piece must be assigned a position as soon as possible after capture, and that position cannot change unless they are a promoted Pawn.

a) The King:
This is (usually) the Starter, which cannot be evolved under any circumstances; the run is over if faints, and they cannot be boxed. Only one. Also cannot be 10 levels or more below their highest level teammate. Must be male. Soft-resetting is fine to ensure gender.

b) The Queen:
Almost no restrictions, can be only one normally (unless female Pawn promoted); must be female.

c) The Bishops:
Can only be two normally in your team, unless Pawns are promoted. Cannot use more than two direct damaging attacks (like Ice Beam or Return). If they have three or more and there is no way to replace them, either refrain from using that move or if you cannot trust yourself to do so, box the Bishop until you can use them again without fear).

d) The Rooks:
Can only be two normally in your team, unless Pawns are promoted. Cannot use status-causing offensive moves (like Ice Punch, Headbutt, or Mud-Slap), but pure status-causing moves (like Sleep Powder or Leer), pure offensive moves (like Return or Surf), or other moves (Rest, Swords Dance, or Defense Curl) are all fair game. If they have one or more and there is no way to replace them, either refrain from using that move or if you cannot trust yourself to do so, box the Rook until you can use them again without fear).

e) The Pawns:
A Pawn may never evolve (unless promoted), and must be its line’s lowest evolution. This means higher evolutions may not be caught for use as Pawns. However, if the Pawn wins a Gym Leader, Elite Four, or Rival battle by themselves without any other Pokémon participating), it may be promoted to one of the other roles, regardless of the number of Pokémon already in that role (only female Pawns may be promoted to a Queen). Can have as many as 5 in your team or 8 overall.

f) The Knights:
Can only be two normally in your team, unless Pawns are promoted. Cannot use moves stronger than 75 BP. Moves like Rollout and Fury Cutter that get stronger over time are unrestricted. If they have one or more moves > 75 BP and there is no way to replace them, either refrain from using that move or if you cannot trust yourself to do so, box the Knight until you can use them again without fear).

4) HM/Dupe Clause: HM-only users and Dupes (Pokemon already captured before) are exempt from Rule 1. Also, capturing Pokemon purely for access to items is allowed even if they are a second dupe or non-dupe encounter or so, albeit you must release the Pokemon immediately after.

5) Level Cap: Pokemon used vs Gyms/E4/Lance/Red cannot surpass the level of the highest-level Pokemon of the closest boss outside boss battle. Exact same rule as last time, same parameters, and same exceptions.

6) Time Manipulation: There are no limits to manipulating DST settings or time to, say, capture certain Pokemon earlier or trigger rematches/items.

7) Limited Non-Held Items in Battle: Poke Ball variants are allowed in wild battles, but that is it. No Full Restores, Revives, X-Items, Potions, etc.

8) Nickname Rule: Every Pokemon obtained must be nicknamed. Naming Kings, Knights, and Queens after famous monarchs (shortcuts are allowed), fictional or real, is encouraged but not necessary.

9) Set Mode: Exactly what it says.

10) Mercy Rule of Evolution: It's fully legal to acquire Evolutionary or Evolution-related items (think Metal Coat, King's Rock, Everstone, etc) earlier than normal - say, via trading. This is more to freshen things up than anything; the lack of Johto Pokemon in Johto rarely sat well with me, and I have never used Steelix, Scizor, and so on. Happiness-related Pokemon, however, must evolve the same ways as normal.

11) Mercy Rule of Trading and Acquisition: Trades do not count as an encounter in an area. However, you cannot, say, capture a Bellsprout in R31 and trade that for Onix if you already had (and captured or failed to capture) a different, non-dupe first encounter there (a Hoppip, for instance). If Bellsprout is your first encounter and capture in R31, however, trading for Onix is fair game. Essentially, Onix replaces Bellsprout as the R31 encounter.

Last edited:
Meh. I actually started the Chesslocke, but failed it multiple times (pre-Falkner) and lost interest the one time I got through. Too many complicated rules to keep track of. Not evolving your Starter is easy, but memorizing what your non-King Pokemon can do based on role is much harder... :psysad:

I still would like to do another challenge, however...and a Monolocke is too boring. So far, I'm thinking of the following runs for ideas:

1. Colorlocke (Only use Pokemon that share a specific color)
2. Johtolocke (Only use Johto Pokemon or Pokemon that evolve from/into Johto Pokemon)
3. BSTlocke (Only use Pokemon below a certain BST threshold)
4. Animelocke (Only use Pokemon Ash captured/used in Johto)
5. Specialocke (Only use Pokemon Gold or Silver used in Johto; Crystal caught all 251 IIRC so she doesn't count)

Edit: Never mind, I decided to do a Colorlocke for now. Once I do it, however, I promise to try the one you suggest (as long as it's not too crazy haha).

I spun a color wheel and I got...Orange, at first. Orange isn't really an official Pokemon color according to Bulbapedia, so I spun again..and got Yellow!

Basically, I will only use Pokemon that are listed as yellow here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color. Otherwise, my original Hardcore Nuzlocke rules apply. Apparently there are no fully evolved yellow Water-types XD. Should be a fun run...

Last edited:
Day one of my Yellowlocke! So far so good; no deaths yet.

Toughest battle yet:

In Goldenrod Gym, the Meowth trainer was terrifyingly strong, walking off two Returns from Jaune, my Beedrill, and nearly killing with Slash. I believe they brought another Pokemon to yellow too, I forgot who though (either Amarillo the Quilava or Flavus the Sandshrew).

A trained Slowpoke in Union Cave nearly killed Jaune, my Beedrill. Even minor trainers can be scary, and Slowpokes in general tend to be deceptively strong and bulky when you meet them.

Easiest battle yet:

Falkner was utterly trivialized, unlike last time. Dunsparce (Giallo) DESTROYED Falkner solo with Rage spam; his HP never fell below green, held Berry not even needed.

Whitney was a surprisingly easy win. Kitrina the Drowzee put to sleep Clefairy, swapped to Sandshrew to set up Curlout…only to accidentally swap to Quilava instead, then Clefairy woke up. Swapped to Drowzee again to put Clefairy to sleep, succeeded, then swapped to Sandshrew…only for Clefairy to wake up AND start prepping Solarbeam via Metronome. Quickly swap to Quilava to tank it, then back to Drowzee to put Clefairy to sleep again. Set up Curlout on Sandshrew again and successfully, and even though Clefairy wakes up quickly to set up a Defense Curl herself and to fire a Pin Missile via Metronome, I roll her over - and Miltank after her. HP never even fell below green.

Best capture:

Simply the easiest Pokemon to capture so far - came first, only required regular Balls, and only one try IIRC.

Worst capture or fail:

Was a bit annoying to find and a bit tricky to catch, owing to being a Headbutt Pokemon with a relatively low catch rate. Huang the Exeggcute (now Exeggutor) also had a pretty poor initial movepool. That said, he has been solid after a bit of grinding.

Team MVP:

Giallo the Dunsparce. Utterly destroyed Falkner while maintaining the level cap (L9 or below); no held items needed, and HP ever fell to yellow.

Team LVP:

Although Jaune the Beedrill was not bad, she also hasn't really impressed me, either. The early evolution and ability to defeat weak NPC mons is great, but a lack of bulk and a lack of overall power really blows. Failing to 2HKO Meowth is not a good look.

Deaths: N/A.

Badges so far: 3.

Current team:

Amarillo the Quilava (Male, L21) - met as Cyndaquil in New Bark Town
Kitrina the Drowzee (Female, L21) - met as Drowzee in Route 35
Flavus the Sandslash (Male, L22) - met as Sandshrew in Union Cave
Huang the Exeggutor(Male, L22) - met as Exeggcute in Route 36
Jaune the Beedrill (Female, L21) - met as Weedle in Route 30
Aurum the Eevee (Male, L22) - met as Jolteon in Goldenrod City (plan to evolve into Jolteon!)

Now THAT was a bad run.

Kimono Girl nearly killed my Eevee (Aurum) with Espeon-induced confusion :(

Exeggutor (Gastly and Haunter) + Sandslash (Gengar and Haunter) double teamed Morty for an easy win, no Mint Berry needed

Eevee (Aurum) died to Eusine’s Mean Look Haunter :(

Chuck a joke again, Exeggutor stomped.

Red Gyarados nearly killed my team (brought three Pokemon below green and one to red, nearly brought a fourth to yellow) - the only mons untouched were HM users (I boxed Beedrill for room)

Sandslash rolled over Rocket Executive (impostor)

Clair not too tough - Typhlosion took out Dragonair 1 and weakened Kingdra with Sunny Day, Exeggutor took out Kingdra with Reflect + Leech Seed + Confusion, and Hypno took out the remaining two Dragons with Ice Punch. Three members got paralyzed and did not equip paralysis cure berries but sill won easy.

CAUGHT RAIKOU! Master Ball.

Typhlosion soloed Will and Koga easily, HP never fell to yellow IIRC

Bruno got destroyed by Sandslash, Exeggutor, and Hypno piggybacking off each other - Reflect + sleep + multiple Fighting resists ruins Bruno

Bitter Berry Typhlosion 2HKOed Umbreon; Gengar died to Sandslash; sacrificed Jaune (Beedrill) to let Sandslash come in safely…hopefully against that dog. Sadly, I got burned by that blasted Houndoom as I EQed, allowing the dog to survive, but I managed to swap out safely to Raikou as Karen chose to heal. Then I used Spark + Quick Attack, hoping it could finish her off, only to die to two Flamethrowers. Should have used Spark again (or even REST, I had a Mint Berry). Managed to finish her off with a Fire Punch from Typhlosion, but nearly dying in the proces :(

Two deaths.

Come to Lance, THREE deaths as Typhlosion successfully disposes of Gyarados under Reflect and Sleep support from Exeggutor…only for blasted Aerodactyl to suddenly 2HKO me with Rock Throw while being Thunderpunched (the second was a crit). Then I set up Defense Curl + Rollout and successfully took out Aerodactyl and two D-Nites in quick succession, outspeeding the last two and tanking a Hyper Beam.

Ultimately, all of my remaining Pokemon died to Charizard. I lost... :psysad:

Had I just been smarter with Raikou and Typhlosion, I could have made it…

Too tired (and upset) to add more details. Hopefully later.

But I'm going to spin the wheel again. Too burned out to really do Yellow again, so...I spin again, hoping for a different color.

And I did! I got Green. That means I can get Meganium, Politoed, Victreebel, Scyther, Tyranitar, and Xatu. Not that many Pokemon overall...but frankly, I could have done a lot worse! Edit: Never mind, I'm bored of Colorlockes. Too few options to work with. Diversity really is the spice of life.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)