SV OU ya got shorked

Ya Got Shorked
The Pokepaste (BE Val)
The Other Pokepaste (Specs Val)​
Preface
Hi, first time poster here and not very good at the game (pardon any completely garbage sets). After this temporary meta settled down with the glorious ban of Chien, finally Scarfchomp my beloved can roam free in the meta. In celebration of this, I made a team!

Onto the analysis:

Analysis of Individual Members
There Goes my Hero
1678207405326.png

there goes my hero (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Aura Sphere
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

OR

there goes my hero (Iron Valiant) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock​

Who made this mon and thought it would be anything but amazing? This thing runs roughshod through the tier unquestioned and for good reason. After a boost it can sweep, Aura and Moon for STAB, CM for sweeping potential, and Psy for the ever-present Clod and uncommon Toxapex.

Also, with Specs Val on the rise, I gave it a go and it completely fucking tears the tier a new one. It fits well on the team and helps power through Corviknight with Tbolt or simply raw power.

Strawman
1678207599932.png

strawman (Gholdengo) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
When is this not in a SV OU team? With Balloon intact it actually walls most common variants of the popular Tusk, being immune to Spin as well as both STABs, potentially setting up on it? Knock Off on Tusk absolutely hammers it, so I wouldn't advise it unless absolutely certain of the set. Cleans out slow, bulky Fairy or Psychic types (which I find surprisingly frequent on the ladder).

Pultergiest
1678207829333.png

pultergeist (Dragapult) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts

Man, people never expect Sub Drag probably because it's bad, and Intend to take advantage of this. After scaring out one of the many mon who fear Drag, a Sub into a DDance sometimes cleans games. I gave this Flamethrower specifically for Ferro because fuck Ferrothorn. Kinda reliant on Tera though, thinking about changing it for a Dragonite. EDIT: Ferro no longer here baby im FREEEE

Shorked
1678208051352.png

shorked (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Dragon Claw​

The star of the show and apple of my eye, ScarfChomp. While the recently departed Chein made offensive Chomp completely unviable along with the advent of his younger cousin, HazardChomp arriving in the meta and the rise of Iron Valiant, now it can shine (dimly). Hitting surprisingly hard for a Scarfer, Iron Head removes SpecVal, EQ for STAB, DragClaw for Dragapult and FFang for Ferro (because fuck ferro) Spikes to make people think it's defensive Chomp or any of the unfun variants. It covers the bases.

Elon Tusk
1678208366336.png

elon tusk (Great Tusk) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat​

I find less and less people running and expecting Bulk Up Tusk, so time to ruin their day. Sets up on quite a bit which expects it to set up Rocks or Spin. Funny guy.

UU Brained
1678208489340.png

uu brained (Grimmsnarl) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Parting Shot
- Spirit Break
Surprised this dropped to UU since every goddamn team has this beautiful mon (or should have). Easily my favourite screener and helps Pult & Val get in saf(er)ly to start setting up.

Ending Words
Once again, I am not very good at the game so by no means expect to get high on the ladder with this team. Just wanted to celebrate the fact that ScarfChomp is no longer utter garbage in OU, and show other people the sets I enjoy with common mon. Have a good day!

Last edited:
It might be worth swapping Spirit Break for Taunt. Spirit break is nice for some damage, sure, but personally, I have found taunt to be crazy more useful for blocking set-ups and if I need to sac a mon I have a mon to sac (since I don't want them to be last alive since no attacking moves). And I know chomp is scarf, but throwing rocks on him isn't a bad idea anyway. If you know you're going to scare a mon, rocks can throw them for a loop, and'll be easy to get up.

If you'd like I can look at the rest of the team later and update this post, but I don't have time atm.

It might be worth swapping Spirit Break for Taunt. Spirit break is nice for some damage, sure, but personally, I have found taunt to be crazy more useful for blocking set-ups and if I need to sac a mon I have a mon to sac (since I don't want them to be last alive since no attacking moves). And I know chomp is scarf, but throwing rocks on him isn't a bad idea anyway. If you know you're going to scare a mon, rocks can throw them for a loop, and'll be easy to get up.

If you'd like I can look at the rest of the team later and update this post, but I don't have time atm.
Fair enough - I didn't want Grimm to be taunt bait with all these taunters running lose in the tier. It's also nice for breaking subs which other mon may do to set up in your face to take advantage of grimm's relative passiveness.

Fair enough - I didn't want Grimm to be taunt bait with all these taunters running lose in the tier. It's also nice for breaking subs which other mon may do to set up in your face to take advantage of grimm's relative passiveness.
If you're worried about mons subbing and setting up run someone with unaware... or taunt. Since prankster will let you go first 90% of the time anyway.

Have you considered spikes on scarf chomp over fire fang? It's not hitting anything that hard, even if it's SE, while chomp can set up a layer of spikes on it's checks, then go ghold to stop it from being spun / defogged

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)