National Dex WUNNA - 1K Reaction Score RMT

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/diancie-mega: :sv/suicune: :sv/cresselia: :sv/volcarona:
kingambit.gif
great tusk.gif

Introduction
Hello evil thugs, I have reached the super cool benchmark of 1,000 reacts, so I am here to do a celebratory RMT! I've built some HO with the rising Suicune, since its a very annoying Tera abuser in combination of having a reboot button in Cresselia. Wunna is a stupendous and absolutely frankly flabbergasting album, so I have chosen it as the theme of this RMT. I hope you enjoy reading, and also hope you like the team as well!

Building Process
:diancie-mega: :suicune: :cresselia:
This part of the team was taken from a SSND team made by a friend of mine who is sadly banned, but it's still really solid. Mega Diancie can prove to be an annoying hazard lead due to Magic Bounce and Substitute, while also being threatening with Moonblast and can chip itself down with Substitute to use one mad threatening Endeavor. Suicune can generally be a large nuisance due to Pressure stalling with CM + SubTect, and can be bolstered further by Tera that is covered further in the RMT. Cresselia can give everyone on a team a second chance to set up and commit devious actions, while also being annoying with the general annoyance it can be to opponents.

:diancie-mega: :suicune: :cresselia: :volcarona:
Volcarona is a big fat moth that quivers and dances to become an extremely annoying Pokemon, you best have an AV Torn, a Heatran, or a Clodsire otherwise it can easily become good game if you let it set up in combination with Cresselia and Stealth Rock support.

:diancie-mega: :suicune: :cresselia: :volcarona: :kingambit:
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch and Knock Off is not fun to play around, while also being our Dragapult check that would generally own HO most of the time. Also our Ghost resist and Steel-type, so pretty much good role compression while being quite threatening offensively.

:diancie-mega: :suicune: :cresselia: :volcarona: :kingambit: :great-tusk:
Great Tusk is our Ground while also having semi-reliable hazard control, and has a mystical cool cyan colored crystal located on his trunk to hit pesky Flying-types to enable Pokemon like Volcarona and can own other Kingambit for our own.

Team Members

:sv/diancie-mega:
DOLLAZ ON MY HEAD (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Timid / Jolly Nature
- Moonblast / Diamond Storm
- Substitute
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Bein' a real one is my model, handle my problems, I ain't scared
I put Prada on my collar 'cause she proud of what I said

Mega Diancie is the suicide lead that can pose harm to other leads such as Glimmora and Mew, while also having a good offensive presence due to it generally being threatening with its STABs. Moonblast is generally used due to it always being reliable and strong STAB, while Diamond Storm can be used to immediately remove Volcarona and Tornadus-T. Substitute gives you more opportunities to scout your opponent and lets you set up Stealth Rock and fire off strong attacks before you die, which also compliments Endeavor as it lets you chip down switch ins like Mega Scizor, Kingmbit, and Clodsire effectively, and lets your teammates easily be able to take advantage of them. The EVs let you survive uninvested Landorus-T's Earthquake, a Fake Out into Close Combat from Mega Lopunny, and survive Triple Axel from Weavile. Due to all of these qualities, Mega Diancie serves as a stellar hazard lead for this team.

:sv/suicune:
WUNNA (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fairy / Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Protect

Benihana ('Hana), cook up, hey (Hey)
My crew paid (Paid), surf a wave (Wave)

Suicune is our annoying bulky wincon that utilizes Substitute + Protect with Pressure PP stall while also giving us a well needed sturdy Water-type resist. Scald is generally an annoying move to click, letting you potentially cripple opponents like Dragonite, Kingambit, and Garchomp. Calm Mind lets you become even harder to deal with behind a Substitute, and compliments the Tera Types that Suicune uses. Tera Fairy providing you a generally good defensive typing in general against Zamazenta, Dragapult, and Hydreigon, while Tera Dragon gives you a better match up into threats like Tapu Koko, Kartana, and Ferrothorn, while still keeping its Water-type resistance intact. The EVs creep the 254 speed tier that Pokemon like Gliscor and Annihilape commonly hit.

:sv/cresselia:
ARGENTINA (Cresselia) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel / Dark / Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance
- Trick

Smoke a lot of Runtz, high up to the sun
I could touch the sun (I could touch the sky)

Cresselia has always been known as a niche support Pokemon during its existence, and its niche abilities aid us here immensely. Ice Beam hits Dragapult, Landorus-T, and Kartana while generally being a good move to click in general, and Thunder Wave can hit Mega Lopunny, Volcarona, and the aforementioned Dragapult for our teammates to take advantage of and begin their sweep. Lunar Dance gives us an emergency revive button to our teammates, while also boosting Kingambit's Supreme Overlord to make it even more overwhelming, and Trick can cripple Pokemon like Toxapex, Gastrodon, and passive Pokemon in general. Tera Steel gives you a Toxic immunity and a resistance to Bullet Punch and Fake Out from Mega Scizor and Mega Lopunny respectively, Tera Dark gives you a Dark-type resistance which is generally huge, and Tera Poison lets you handle Iron Valiant more safely and also provides a Toxic immunity. Alternatively, a spread of 252 HP / 8 Def / 44 SpD / 204 Spe can be used to eat a +1 Bug Buzz from Timid Volcarona.

:sv/volcarona:
MET GALA (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass / Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psychic

It's easy to slip, don't want you to fall
Walk in with the drip at Met Gala Ball

Volcarona is a big fat annoying Pokemon that can easily snowball out of control since it can easily click Quiver Dance once and just sweep at that point. Fire Blast is used over Flamethrower to score OHKOs on Landorus-T and Tapu Lele, though you can use Flamethrower if you don't feel like being risky, even with a low miss chance. Giga Drain in tandem with Tera Grass lets you turn the tables on Pokemon like Rotom-W, Tera Water Skeledirge, and Urshifu, while Hidden Power Ground with Tera Ground gives Volcarona a Rock-type resistance and lets you clear Heatran and Mega Diancie. Psychic lets you break through Toxapex and can chip Clodsire decently, but it won't be that notable I'd honestly say.

kingambit.gif

IM ON SOME (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark / Ghost
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

That big body Rolls comin' (That big body Rolls comin')
You broke boys ain't havin' nothin' (Nah)

Kingambit is our Dragapult counterplay and is also our Dark-type and our Steel-type, which is great role compression. Swords Dance Kingambit slowly becomes even more of a nuisance in combination with Supreme Overlord, achieving very stunning calcs even against resists like Mega Lopunny and Urshifu-R with Sucker Punch and with the proper boosts. Kowtow Cleave could be used over Knock Off for more consistent damage, but the utility of Knock Off would be hard to sacrifice here in my opinion. Tera Dark bolsters your aforementioned calcs to absurd levels, while Tera Ghost leaves Zamazenta and Mega Medicham in shock once you kill them instead of them killing you due to a totally balanced mechanic.

great tusk.gif

TOP FLOOR (Great Tusk) @ Icium Z
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Spinner

Jumped out of a wave right into a daze
It can wreck your life, you gotta think twice

Great Tusk is our own counterplay to Kingambit while also providing Rapid Spin for our team, and soft checks Mega Lopunny as well. Icium Z is technology that has been in use ever since LBN made it known in the community, and it is pretty damn good, luring in Tornadus-T and Landorus-T is always a good feat for Great Tusk since it doesnt have to worry about Pokemon that would usually stop it quite easily. Some notable interactions is you forcing Kingambit to Tera Flying and Heatran to Tera Grass and them getting wiped off the face of the planet with Icium Z, so thats also pretty cool.
Threatlist
:dragapult:
Dragapult is generally the worst nightmare for HO, and it sure does apply here since Choice Specs and WispHex here is not safely beatable here. However, if you can read it right you can just threaten it out with Kingambit, or get off a Thunder Wave or Ice Beam on the Dragapult by the Cresselia. Great Tusk can also Icium Z it in the case of the latter set, and if it chooses to Tera Fairy its a field day for Kingambit!

:tapu-koko: :cyclizar:
Opposing HO is a very, very hard matchup but can be somewhat alright to deal with if your plays and reads are enough. If there's a Stored Power Latios though, just click X sadly.

:hippowdon: :skarmory:
HippoSkarm teams are threatening due to their supreme synergy, as Skarmory clears Great Tusk and Kingambit, while Hippowdon threatens Mega Diancie and Cresselia. Most of the time, it's best to chip your Diancie down enough and Endeavor either the Hippowdon or the Skarmory and go into your Suicune and start clicking Calm Mind. Usually, they do possess Toxapex, so be sure to cripple it with Cresselia or threaten it with Great Tusk.

:walking-wake:
I hate this Pokemon so much, I don't know why this is allowed. Specs, Dragonium Z, and SubSunny all own this team and its not even funny how it does it. Ban this please!
Shoutouts
sealoo Turban by Yeat gamer but swag Sulo
You guys are the evilest thugs I've met, we've done so much together and you all have been there for me, but I truly do not have much words to say. I love you all!

R8 Sputnik adem sanguine Isza Phyn Ryuji Solaros & Lunaris Redgoop115 Typhlosion4 MurderousMantyke Jho TheRainQueen Kris ChrisPBacon Senko Kaede peap Mollymiltoast LBN Takatk 2020 idm boomer TheSorcer3r
National Dex has been astounding with you guys around, you've all been excellent people I've met and I'm glad I had the opportunity to come across you guys in this tier.

Michael213 Mamoo Laz_y smino Lifeismyth pannu
WLA has been very fun with you guys around, VC is always funny too which brightens up my mood a lot.

UT
GP Tutor so you're cool, thank you for the help and advice you provide me that helps me improve more and more.

Would also mention Smogcord people here but that would be too much to add I think but y'all are really cool, I'm also sorry if I didn't mention you and you do talk to me, but do know that I appreciate you very much.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1822758296-plcy1lykv4kfc2zdqhsdh5uve1x9g06pw - Against MediGambit; Suicune comes in clutch

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1823703532 - Against Rain where Suicune comes in clutch once again

Probably more, but I don't feel like diving through the replay section much.

Import
DOLLAZ ON MY HEAD (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

WUNNA (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Protect

ARGENTINA (Cresselia) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance
- Trick

MET GALA (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

IM ON SOME (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

TOP FLOOR (Great Tusk) @ Icium Z
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Spinner

So, that's pretty much it! I want to thank everyone who has supported me so far during my activity on Smogon and I hope to continue contributing and playing with all of you. See you all! :heart:

Last edited:

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Added some replays to the RMT since I forgot as I made this at like 12 AM, but I am currently looking for more so stay tuned on that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)