Other Features Winning With Wooper - A Guide to Succeeding in Challenge Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Like the title implies, I want to write an article that mainly teaches people how to do well in Challenge Cup battles. Also, this article could give players an introduction and incentive to try this new, interesting type of battling, which could be a nice change from super competitive metagames.

Why do I think this article would be appropriate? Using the Smog article archive, it appears that only one article has ever been written about Challenge Cup. The writer of that article took more of a casual approach to the mechanics and techniques of Challenge Cup, briefly explaining what it is and showing a couple of good strategies. That's totally fine, because of the intent of that article, but I want to go really in depth.

I think I'm qualified to write an article about succeeding in Challenge Cup because on Pokemon Showdown, I consistently have in the upper 1700s in terms of points (which is better than you'd think, because in the CC rankings, only a few people have over 1800) and I've always been in the top 15, peaking at 6th.

Since there's not a lot of Challenge Cup talk anywhere really, I want to explain what Challenge Cup is and its mechanics. Then, I'll go in depth and explain the strategies that I have found to work while going over key differences between Challenge Cup and the normal metagames, such as what a "weapon" Poke would be, what to do with a Poke that seems useless, which Pokes and moves are good in CC, and so on. I'll also go over the mechanics of Challenge Cup in full detail, explaining which moves and items you're likely to get, and so forth.

Thanks for considering my article application!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nice to have you applying! How soon do you think you could get this article written up?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sounds good; this is approved. I need you to go to this page and apply for The Smog access. Once you've done so, post in this thread and I'll approve you for access to the Article Workshop.

Birkal

We have the technology.
Great! You now have access to this forum. There's two main rules you should follow now that you're an author for The Smog.

1) Get your stuff done on time. Our release is on February 3rd, so try to get this written up as soon as possible. Now that you have access, you're allowed to write articles in the future too! Just reapply your ideas in this thread and we can approve them. If you ever cannot finish an article by the deadline, contact one of the Smog Staff immediately and let us know.

2) Don't leak our stuff. We keep everything private until the release. If you ever want feedback on your article before the release, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (I can show you how to get there if you don't know how; just send me a message on the forums).

Let me know if you have any other questions. When you feel ready, post in What Are We Doing (WAWD) at the top of the Article Workshop forum that you're writing this article. Then you're free to post your thread in that forum and get writing! Glad to have you on board =)

Great! You now have access to this forum. There's two main rules you should follow now that you're an author for The Smog.

1) Get your stuff done on time. Our release is on February 3rd, so try to get this written up as soon as possible. Now that you have access, you're allowed to write articles in the future too! Just reapply your ideas in this thread and we can approve them. If you ever cannot finish an article by the deadline, contact one of the Smog Staff immediately and let us know.

2) Don't leak our stuff. We keep everything private until the release. If you ever want feedback on your article before the release, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (I can show you how to get there if you don't know how; just send me a message on the forums).

Let me know if you have any other questions. When you feel ready, post in What Are We Doing (WAWD) at the top of the Article Workshop forum that you're writing this article. Then you're free to post your thread in that forum and get writing! Glad to have you on board =)
Thank you! So basically, I'll just write the text part, and other people will do the HTML, artwork, and editing?

Birkal

We have the technology.
Yep! That's the idea. We'll take care of everything. We just need you to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)