Approved Wi We Do What We Do (WiFi Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a talk with shaymin yesterday, I got thinking about something: Why is it that auth, specifically in WiFi, put up with so much, frankly, crap and stress?

This article would aim to talk about why auth in a room, and I guess I'll use WiFi since I know it and it was popular last issue, continue to do their jobs when it may look at times like there's only stress and dealing w/ horrible people involved in it.
However, in addition to simply being about WiFi, I hope to, through a bit of editorializing, aid in dispelling the fact that "auth are in it for the power only." Although this will not be the focus of the article, I believe (and have known through working on the Op-Ed section of the Tufts Daily (w00t #6 in the country)) that there's no stronger medium than print to disperse messages like this.

The format of this article will be some editorial from a Room Owner of WiFi, followed by perhaps some staff interviews answering the question "why do you continue to do what you do?" Finally, I'll end it off with some more editorializing, with the basic point/thesis of the article being that "creating a community that is both safe and prolific for use by a wide variety of users may be the main purpose of why we do what we do, but the gratitude and happiness this community inspires is the real motivating factor."

This is an article that I definitely see appealing to the PS! audience, especially since it is regarding one of the most popular public rooms. Gaining insight on staff psychology of wifi would make for an interesting article for sure.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)