Pending Whitelisted Users x Global Voices

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Monotype has a busy schedule, so it's sometimes annoying when global voices have the same permissions as our whitelisted users. Whitelisted users in our room give our community a way to contribute in specific ways, like making tournaments and running events. With Room Events + BLT + Officials + a general length we keep in mind between our tournaments, people outside of our hosting group can be counterproductive in what we are trying to do in the room. There are many solutions to this, but I think it would perhaps be a small thing to look into.

- Allow Room Owners to utilize and promote other higher symbols: ☆ ★, rather than just admins promoting.
- Move Whitelist above Voice
- Custom Whitelist Commands
- New Symbol between Voice and RoomPlayer

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
- New Symbol between Voice and RoomPlayer
Prize winner.
- Custom Whitelist Commands
You can already use /permissions to give whitelisted users commands.
- Move Whitelist above Voice
Would defeat the point (whitelist is voice without the symbol).
- Allow Room Owners to utilize and promote other higher symbols: ☆ ★, rather than just admins promoting.
Can't you just use prizewinner for this? That symbol is sort of meant to be a catch-all.

roxie

is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Prize winner.

You can already use /permissions to give whitelisted users commands.

Would defeat the point (whitelist is voice without the symbol).

Can't you just use prizewinner for this? That symbol is sort of meant to be a catch-all.
prize winner is our reward for room events

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
prize winner is our reward for room events
Then it seems like swapping the two would be ideal? Use whitelist as a prize instead? Permissions and ranks are really thorny, so I'd really rather not delve into it without a significant need.

roxie

Then it seems like swapping the two would be ideal? Use whitelist as a prize instead? Permissions and ranks are really thorny, so I'd really rather not delve into it without a significant need.
i don't see the pt in whitelisting someone to an invisible rank as a reward for a monthly prize though? are there negatives in just allowing room owners to utilize the star emojis themselves

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
i don't see the pt in whitelisting someone to an invisible rank as a reward for a monthly prize though? are there negatives in just allowing room owners to utilize the star emojis themselves
The star emoji are existing ranks that have powers associated with them for managing groupchats/battles. These are not powers I want in the hands of just anyone for public rooms. For example: the ability to set modchat as a player/host, or the ability to use /declare (mass ping), and forcewin tournament battles as a host. I personally would rather see rooms not use the stars (player/host) at all.

Lets take a different approach. What exactly are global voices doing thats causing problems? Is it just a select few voices, or just tons of voices in general?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)