Other Metagames When You're Gone [200th post!]

I would like to see what you think! How would you rate this team?

• Total voters

Hello!

I have experimented with a lot of teams this generation, and I finally found one that stuck.

The Thought Process:

:gothitelle:
I wanted a pokemon that can destroy bulky walls, and Gothitelle was the best option, due to its decent bulk and Shadow Tag.
:gothitelle: :zekrom:
I had to think of a offensive pokemon that can readily abuse the holes in the team Goth leaves, and I decided that Zekrom was a perfect canidate; as a lack of Ferrothorn, Quagsire, and NDM is beneficial.

:gothitelle: :zekrom: :yveltal:
I looked for a bulky fogger, and Yveltal was an amazing pokemon for this requirement. It is specially bulky and checks Calyrex-Shadow, a perfect match.
:gothitelle: :zekrom: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane was the most viable option to the prevelant Zacian, and an great Stealth Rocker.
:gothitelle: :zekrom: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :kyurem-white:
Kyurem-White checked off a lot of the things I needed for my team, an amazing Kyogre check, and an diverse movepool.
:gothitelle: :zekrom: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :kyurem-white: :zacian-crowned:
The final pokemon, Zacian-Crowned is another physically oriented pokemon, that can abuse the lack of walls.

2: The Team
:gothitelle: :zekrom: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :kyurem-white: :zacian-crowned:

:gothitelle:
but i'll (Gothitelle) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 48 SpD / 204 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Taunt
- Charm
- Cosmic Power

Ah yes, Gothitelle. As mentioned before, Gothitelle is the pokemon I built around, it is EV'd to help withstand against :eternatus: Dynamax Cannon, Taunt reliably shuts down pokemon such as :zygarde: :eternatus: :ferrothorn: :chansey: and :quagsire: Cosmic Power makes it easier for Gothitelle to PP stall those same walls, and once fully boosted, is able to stay in for more offensive mons such as :zacian-crowned: unless if a offensive :yveltal: comes in and dynamaxes or just :calyrex-shadow:

:zekrom:

miss you (Zekrom) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Zekrom is easily one of the best balance breakers in the meta at the moment. It's great offensive ability can not be understated, it also has one of the best offensive typing, Fusion Bolt either kills :yveltal: or forces it out. Through its ability Teravolt, it can bypass :quagsire: Unaware, and SubDance can reliably turn :necrozma-dusk-mane: :ferrothorn: into setup fodder. Once it sets up a Dragon Dance it outspeeds all of the meta, allowing it to sweep.

:yveltal:

when you're (Yveltal) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Roost

Yveltal is currently one of the best pokemon in the meta. Its ability to reliably Defog, and allow some counterplay against the ever-so threatning :calyrex-shadow:, dishing out momentum with U-Turn, and on the switch-in, can deal 60% to :zacian-crowned: with Foul Play. Its significant special bulk allows for it to become a switch in to most special attacking mons; save for :xerneas: :kyurem-white:.

:necrozma-dusk-mane:
gone (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Morning Sun

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane is the best defensive pokemon in the meta at this current generation. Reliably checking :xerneas: :zacian-crowned: is absolutely amazing. It is also an great hazard setter, Earthquake can destroy :zekrom: and hit :zacian-crowned: effectively. It is an amazing switch-in to other offensive pokemon, Overall, NDM makes an amazing support pokemon that is versatile with its uses.

:kyurem-white:
thats what (Kyurem-White) @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 40 SpA / 216 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sheer Cold
- Freeze-Dry
- Fusion Flare
- Roost

Kyurem-White is an good check to the popular Kyogre, and it's amazing offensive typing and movepool shines through here. It can effectively remove :yveltal: :and Fusion Flare does an great chunk out of :necrozma-dusk-mane: and :ferrothorn: Sheer Cold can get you out of odd situations (if ofc it hopefully hits, rofl) such as :gothitelle: PP stall. Freeze Dry can reliably hit :quagsire: and :kyogre: for big damage as well.

:zacian-crowned:
i do (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Wild Charge
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Zacian-Crowned is another mon that can completely turn the tables on an game when there is a lack of :quagsire: :necrozma-dusk-mane: and :ferrothorn: I opted for Wild Charge over Play Rough for :ho-oh: and Crunch for :necrozma-dusk-mane: Swords Dance is for the extra power needed to deal with :necrozma-dusk-mane: :eternatus: or :zygarde:.

3: Threatlist:

:ditto: Ditto is a massive problem for the team, as Zacian and Zekrom can easily be turned into a snowball sweeper for the other team. This can be dealt with by some good counterplay from NDM.

Sash :calyrex-shadow: Caly is a massive problem if sash. Attempt to get chip on it then dynamax Yveltal.

:kyurem-white: Kyurem-White is a big problem thanks to its diverse moveset. Sunsteel Strike or Behemoth Blade should work at least forcing it out.

Thank you for reading all of this, any help to improve this team would be amazing!

Have an great day!

Importable: https://pokepast.es/1afdfdffb45e41d6

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, cool team here that looks pretty effective overall, just have a few minor things that might help a bit if changed.

:yveltal:
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

This Yveltal spread allows you to always live an Adamant Life Orb Marshadow Poltergeist into CC. It's a fairly small bit of investment but when you lack a true counter to it this can be quite helpful.
252+ Atk Life Orb Marshadow Poltergeist (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 72 Def Yveltal: 121-143 (26.5 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 72 Def Yveltal: 265-312 (58.2 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Marshadow Rock Tomb vs. 248 HP / 72 Def Yveltal: 265-312 (58.2 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This change is more optional, but some combination of the moveset and EV changes here can be made:

:zacian-crowned:
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 144 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade / Play Rough
- Wild Charge
- Crunch / Assurance
- Swords Dance / Close Combat

This Zacian spread helps against Calyrex-S, something that can super easily get out of hand if Yveltal goes down which isn't unlikely, so this is just insurance. It very conveniently lives Choice Specs Barrage which also helps against Sash sets while also outrunning Modest LO Eternatus, which could be worth. The downside is the team becomes quite a bit slower, but there isn't a ton within the benchmark of 360 - 396 outside of +speed etern and marsh. If you don't choose to go with this, though, I think Assurance and CC could still be worthy slots, same with Play Rough. Play Rough allows Zacian-C to pressure Quagsire a lot better, and Assurance + CC hits Dusk Mane all the same while targeting Ferrothorn too.

This is probably the set I'd go with:
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough / Behemoth Blade
- Wild Charge
- Assurance
- Close Combat
252 SpA Choice Specs Calyrex-Shadow Astral Barrage vs. 0 HP / 144 SpD Zacian-Crowned: 274-324 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With Zacian-C having Close Combat, you can also put Draco Meteor > Fusion Flare on :kyurem-white: as a change to help against opposing Kyurem-White you listed as an issue. Also minor change, but Gothitelle didn't have 0 Attack IVs on the original which is a quick fix.

Updated Team (pokepast.es)
Here's the updated team with the changes made, I hope some of them do well! There wasn't a whole lot to change while keeping the structure in tact, and I think it might get a little boost in some mu's with a few of these changes.

Pokemh

Banned deucer.
Hey, solid team! I would like to suggest some changes

Zekrom is very hard to improof so scarfed fplay yveltal should be fine you also can run something over u turn to revenge kyuw it also gives ndm a better time since foul play does a ton to zacian. Forcing a speed tie vs a chipped ditto can also be really solid for this team since zekrom is a giant threat to non ferro or ditto teams.
Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- U-turn

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Taunt
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power

This can sometimes make the ditto matchup easier since if you trap a low pp ndm you can also potentially beat a non taunt yveltal in the 1v1 and either make the opp sack ditto or have a very good end game vs teams with etern as there kyogre check. I don't know the ndm calcs without charm but this should work. Stored power should also kill kyuw if you are lucky with dodging sheer colds and completely wall off draco/toxic kyuw's with some left over rest pp.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Spikes

Since kyuw can sometimes lose vs kyogre with doubles with rocks up this can help the ditto matchup and make it easier vs xerneas on ho mus better you also beat other goth with this ferro set. Its also the only to my knowledge the only zekrom check that can outpace it feel free to calc the mu and adjust some evs.

Overall a solid team with few weaknesses, have a good day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)