National Dex When Arctovish go crazy - national dex OU

I'm back with another National Dex team. This one is focused on simply using Hail/snow (Hail yeah!) and aurora veil make my mons bulky asf. It also has offense too, so a mixed set, with bulky mons and offensive mons
Fireman Sam (Arctovish) @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Iron Head
- Psychic Fangs
- Aurora Veil
Arctovish is such a weird mon. It's just like Dracovish, but Dracovish is in uber? It's probs bcuz sand rush is hella easier to use then slush rush, idk why Dracovish is an uber Mon. But this thing hits hard. It will outspeed and OHKO just about anything it sees when snow is active by using 170 power fishious rends w/life orb boosts. It will use aurora veil to live hits well, with it's subpar defenses. It has coverage in iron head and psychic fangs against fighting and rock types. The only thing that puts this down is it's vulnerable to sun and only really works when snow is up.
Tera usage
Tera should be used when you need to guarantee a KO. nothing else to say fr
Main Strats
Once snows up, start smacking your enemy. When snow goes down, switch out so you can set it up again. He's here to KO mons, what else is there to say?

Dark Sonic (Weavile) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pickpocket
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 def
Jolly Nature
- Snowscape
- Fake Out
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
This Mon works a little different then Arctovish. It does KO, but only when it needs to. It does have a niche of being dark type, so switch in's onto psychic types are easy asf. It also carries fake out and Snowscape, two very nice utility moves. Poison jab and knock off slam psychic and fairies into the ground. the Sash let's it live a hit despite it's low defense, tho I could put an offensive item there to boost Atk.
Tera Usage
Same as Arctovish
Main strats
It's supposed to be a game changer. I think? It's turned games around for me. At the end, Weavile switches in from a KO, and starts ripping things to pieces. Before everything rips it first. Though it could also be early bcuz of fake out and Snowscape, making unstoppable snow. It can also stop plays with this combo from Megazard Y by placing up snow.

kill me (Cursola) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Perish Body
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 SpA
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Haze
My BEEG boy. Using this Mon made me realise how fun it is to use big burly tanks. It makes you feel unstoppable, like nothing can kill you. But yourself. With the right setup this mon can be dangerous w/stealth rock and giga drain, plus the
Tera Usage
Defense against dark types.
Main strats
Just stand there menacingly and start chipping away at your opponent. Keep them from killing you with giga drain Leftovers and take them out with stealth rock giga drain. Protect when needed, and haze to stop silly sweepers. Excellent early-mid game mon.

Rimestyle (Mr. Rime) (M) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Ice Body
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Blizzard
- Healing Wish
- Signal Beam
What is going every. I am going to heal you by dieing. This Mon was so hard to think of a build for, because of the strange place it take on this team. It has no blocks or cover, so it can be a freelancer. Why not healing wish support? It deals damage too, and lives with Berry + ice body. Leftovers could defo go there but I didn't wanna repeat items, even though I could.
Tera usage
Don't Tera this mon. He's not good enough offensively to use it.
Main strats
I hardly ever use him, but I suppose heal wish low walls like Cursola or Megasnow. Other than that, blast everything away, toxic to set up for someone else after dieing. It doesn't get too far tho.

4x weak to rock (Articuno) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Hidden Power: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Snowscape
- Aurora Veil
- Air Slash
- Toxic
He is very weak to rock. Watch for Arcanines. Other than that, you have HDB to fight against hazards, the Snowscape aurora veil duo bcuz ofc, air Slash and toxic for damage. When some hitters are down, this could do a favour.
Tera usage
To resist rock
Main strats
When snow is down, switch him in and get it back up again. Then try slashing and toxicing if you can. It's simple really.

Giga tons (Abomasnow-Mega) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- Toxic
- Energy Ball
Imagine Frosty the Snowman with a GLOCK. That's what this mon feels like. He tanks hits so well even w/o aurora veil, that's just more bulk. Then the damage he does is good too. Blizzards being run everywhere. Toxic chipping you down. This mon kills before it dies, every single time
Tera usage
You can't Tera megas
Main strats
Start off by aurora veiling, then just smash into them as hard as you can. When snow is down, switch out for another run next time. Or switch out on a bad matchup. This mon will through just about any starting battle you have, leaving you at an edge right from the gate.

Last edited:

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hi there Rio its me again lmao

Arctovish is such a weird mon. It's just like Dracovish, but Dracovish is in uber? It's probs bcuz sand rush is hella easier to use then slush rush, idk why Dracovish is an uber Mon.
In gen 8, Dracovish had the scarf strong jaw set which was probably what REALLY sent it over the line, along with the fact that sand has way better setters and is just good overall, unlike how the arcto two are literally the entire selling point of snow lmao
Although since snow has now been buffed in Gen 9 it could work out

anyway into the proper stuff

Arctovish: Arctovish does not need either of the coverage it was given. It is not interested in covering fightings with pfangs or rocks with iron head, because fishous already yeets them into mars, and as a matter of fact deals MORE damage due to STAB, so you can opt for something else. Unfortunately, Arcto has real bad coverage and cannot hit any of the stuff that it desperately wants to, like Ferrothorn or Rotom-W, and it was not added into SV so it does not have tera blast. -SAD- I recommend having Icicle Crash as a powerful secondary STAB to smack dragon types, and super fang (lol) to at the very minimum chip down the stuff that hard counters fishy boi, but honestly if u cant hit it with either fishous or crash might as well switch out.

Weavile: The main draw to weavile is its stupidly spammable triple axel which you seem to kind of not have. I reccomend swapping out snowscape since you REALLY dont need more than 1 main setter and 1 secondary setter. Weavile can also pop swords dance over pjab to slap everything even harder (you can already smack fairies with taxel) and either low kick/brick break or ice shard over fake out cos fake out doesnt do much useful. You could consider boots on weavile since it loves to switch and its sash will almsot never be useful.

Cursola: There are better spec tanks but this is still ok. Just pls dont waste tera on dis since u cant threaten dark types back. Shadow ball over protect since stab is important.

Mr Rime: Unfortunately I think this one has to go. Other mons take its place much better since it is not very fast and dies easily before it can healing wish. Latias can work so you have a switchin to fighting and ground type moves.

Articuno: Honestly this could work but it also has a high chance to not. Just keep it for now but a better option will eventually jump out at you, since you have a bunch of unchecked weaknesses (no defog? no rock resist? etc.)

Obamasnow: yeaaaahhhhh boi just slap on ice shard (its ok to be mixed) over toxic and you good

anyway this team has a long way to go so keep experimenting and improving. :D

Hi there Rio its me again lmao

In gen 8, Dracovish had the scarf strong jaw set which was probably what REALLY sent it over the line, along with the fact that sand has way better setters and is just good overall, unlike how the arcto two are literally the entire selling point of snow lmao
Although since snow has now been buffed in Gen 9 it could work out

anyway into the proper stuff

Arctovish: Arctovish does not need either of the coverage it was given. It is not interested in covering fightings with pfangs or rocks with iron head, because fishous already yeets them into mars, and as a matter of fact deals MORE damage due to STAB, so you can opt for something else. Unfortunately, Arcto has real bad coverage and cannot hit any of the stuff that it desperately wants to, like Ferrothorn or Rotom-W, and it was not added into SV so it does not have tera blast. -SAD- I recommend having Icicle Crash as a powerful secondary STAB to smack dragon types, and super fang (lol) to at the very minimum chip down the stuff that hard counters fishy boi, but honestly if u cant hit it with either fishous or crash might as well switch out.

Weavile: The main draw to weavile is its stupidly spammable triple axel which you seem to kind of not have. I reccomend swapping out snowscape since you REALLY dont need more than 1 main setter and 1 secondary setter. Weavile can also pop swords dance over pjab to slap everything even harder (you can already smack fairies with taxel) and either low kick/brick break or ice shard over fake out cos fake out doesnt do much useful. You could consider boots on weavile since it loves to switch and its sash will almsot never be useful.

Cursola: There are better spec tanks but this is still ok. Just pls dont waste tera on dis since u cant threaten dark types back. Shadow ball over protect since stab is important.

Mr Rime: Unfortunately I think this one has to go. Other mons take its place much better since it is not very fast and dies easily before it can healing wish. Latias can work so you have a switchin to fighting and ground type moves.

Articuno: Honestly this could work but it also has a high chance to not. Just keep it for now but a better option will eventually jump out at you, since you have a bunch of unchecked weaknesses (no defog? no rock resist? etc.)

Obamasnow: yeaaaahhhhh boi just slap on ice shard (its ok to be mixed) over toxic and you good

anyway this team has a long way to go so keep experimenting and improving. :D
Well I've been experimenting, using this team, and I've heavily improved upon it. The mons themselves weren't too bad, but the moves and the items were. So I've switched out some mons and tweaked some sets.
Arctovish @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 def
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Protect
- Icicle Spear
- Super Fang
Really nice advice honestly. Pfangs was weak asf even when super effective, so switching it out was the right call. Arctovish also struggles against mons it cant OHKO with fishious rend, so protect and super fang are here to cover that. Still the same idea tho.
Weavile @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Psycho Cut
Idk why I put sash on this when this team is super defensive anyway with aurora veil. So I changed it to an Assault vest build, with Triple axel and psycho cut for fighting types. Weavile is still frail tho, but the insane bulk boosts can make up for that.
Cursola @ Leftovers
Ability: Perish Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpA / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hex
- Giga Drain
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
Idk why I put tera fighting on a pure ghost type either. Might just be the worst tera for Cursola. Anyways, the sets changed to a hex build, with wisp to punch up the power. That means no more stealth rocks, but I'm not a fan of hazards anyway.
Slowking-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpA / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Chilly Reception
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Taunt
Instead of Arcticuno, this Hazard stopper is in. Chilly reception makes it an easy and safe switch in to any of your mons, taunt is an excellent utility move especially against tanks like Toxapex, tera fighting cover the dark, steel and (somewhat) ground weaknesses. Its also a much safer switch in than Arctiuno bcuz of its typing.
Baxcalibur @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Ice Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Iron Head
Instead of Rimestyle (what is going every), I put Big Bax in. Its not that much faster, but its much bulkier and still has the ice body ability. Thermal is also good tho. Its a simple dragon dance build, w/rocky helmet to take advantage of Bax's bulk. Assault Vest could also be useful too, w/a strong move like earthquake instead of D.Dance.

Also I put synthesis over toxic on Obamasnow, for longevity.

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
also the team is much better but still has plenty of questionable choices (i have never heard of AV weav) but honestly i think its more fun to experiment so no more comments
happy gaming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)