Social What's something that made you happy recently?

last-minute panic is a hell of a drug. grats
Thanks Ash

The girlfriend of a friend of mine was in Colombia on vacation when her Master's thesis was due. She ended up just spending the nights there with getting coked up to the gills and blasting her keyboard. Finished in a week. Got a diploma for the high quality of it. I respect the hustle but I already fucked up my body bad enough without sugar, so yeah I didn't replicate her

I finally paid my tax of "have an embarrassing icon as your PFP for a month"tax, so I no longer feel ashamed to post once more.

I've been writing a lot of papers for my finals, and even though it's time consuming as heck; it's also really satisfying when your professors praise you for your work ethics!

Aside from that, Christmas is upon us and I'm really excited to return home and visit my parents again. Hope everyone is having a good month so far!

I've been going to the gym a lot recently, and I
A) Can now bench my body weight
B) Noticed a bunch of progress on myself
C) Feel much better about myself, physically and mentally

Update: I've gone from 140 to 150 pounds on said press; I'm going even farther!

Last edited:
I came out to my friends yesterday! It was super awkward but basically I showed them my twitter, and my bio had 20 levels of "dumb lesbian" pasted over it, so it was both hilarious, and weird!

Hope everyone's been having a great day! February is open ups and I hope holiday blues hasn't been terrible!

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Recently a coworker of mine was struggling, and I felt really bad. I gave my coworker a thank you card, a gift card, and some books, which made her day. I was happy to see that I could brighten someone else's day.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Been on a journey to quit caffeine. Used to be a red bull addict but now have been off for nearly a month. I hope to keep the streak going.
Congrats keep it up!

I don't really drink caffeine, I think the hardest thing is the one month for your body to get used to it and it's clear steering.

MurderousMantyke

What sʇᴉɯᴉ⅂?
W Thread.

I'm really happy that I was able to donate blood for the first time last week. Previously I wasn't able to because of not having a blood drive near me, or simply not being old enough. The whole process went really smoothly and the pain was manageable, plus they gave me this dope Red Cross x Snoopy T-shirt.

1681046394481.png

• Can nearly deadlift 225 lbs now
  • Listened to some good new music, as well as more vinyls
  • Happiest I've been in a while
Insane gains bro, keep it up.

Bka Onon

It looks like it's going to rain.
is a Pre-Contributor
W Thread.

I'm really happy that I was able to donate blood for the first time last week. Previously I wasn't able to because of not having a blood drive near me, or simply not being old enough. The whole process went really smoothly and the pain was manageable, plus they gave me this dope Red Cross x Snoopy T-shirt.

View attachment 506507
Sick drip omg, and gz, doing good stuff always makes one feel good

Personally, I got my first ever phone since I just finished 10th grade (high school sophomore i think) and that has ofc made me very happy
(It's a Pixel 7 btw)
1681050138056.png

1681050149538.png

took these when i unboxed the thingy, man i love this sm :3

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Been on a journey to quit caffeine. Used to be a red bull addict but now have been off for nearly a month. I hope to keep the streak going.
This is great, the cool thing about quitting something like Red Bull is that you can feel the changes in a vast number of other ways, too. Aside from the caffeine load (and trust me I’m not shaming because I used to drink two cold brews a day minimum), your body’s gonna get sugar from other food you eat now, unless you’re like me and sometimes just get your fix from other equally bad habits lmfoa..

This is great, the cool thing about quitting something like Red Bull is that you can feel the changes in a vast number of other ways, too. Aside from the caffeine load (and trust me I’m not shaming because I used to drink two cold brews a day minimum), your body’s gonna get sugar from other food you eat now, unless you’re like me and sometimes just get your fix from other equally bad habits lmfoa..

Speaking of coffee, coffee REALLY stains your teeth like nobody's business unless you drink cold through a straw. Considering your smile is the first facial feature others notice in you perhaps this is just an extra incentive to quit or the very least drink coffee sparingly if you want a Hollywood grade pearly whites.

Same goes with liquor, most illicit drugs and cigarettes and tea.

Last edited:
Congrats keep it up!

I don't really drink caffeine, I think the hardest thing is the one month for your body to get used to it and it's clear steering.
It is far from a 'harmless' drug. Sure it might not be as bad as alcohol, steroids, dianabol, trenbolone or illicit drugs such as meth and heroine but once you get hooked up on caffeine trying to give it up is BRUTAL!

couple:

small side: there's a subway literally right next to my job everyone goes to and since its so easy i hit it often - before i even ordered the other day the girl that always says hi went "you like italian right? here, it's free lady didn't pay" didnt have to lob any funds for lunch that day lol.

middle side: saturday and monday were good protective times off with my family (fixed the porch for our Mom) - sometimes peoples "-isms" get on ppls nerves but nope we all enjoyed the time

big side: finally just as a person myself finally hit that "i got no time for anything negative, i know i can be sometimes but that's a self check too" part of my life and head space. definitely welcome after years of being "!?" at a second's notice, it's nice to just be able to laugh at nonsense even if it is annoying again.

there's a subway literally right next to my job everyone goes to and since its so easy i hit it often - before i even ordered the other day the girl that always says hi went "you like italian right? here, it's free lady didn't pay" didnt have to lob any funds for lunch that day lol.
similarly, I was gifted some banana bread because the guy at the curry place I go to said that a tall guy like me needs that extra food. Made me quite happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)