Social What's something that made you happy recently?

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was too broken for NDUbers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
A couple of weeks ago I got to hold my first cat in years! Probably the first I've even touched since the Covid spike in 2020. It was my super's and is named Cinnamon, likely based on its brownish-orange fur. So yeah, picking Cinnamon up as I gave it back to my super, even though it was only a couple seconds, made my day.

I went to Knott's Scary Farm with my friends recently, and made a bunch of memories with them. The mazes were high quality, spooky, and gave me a laugh at certain points. Even though one of the mazes got flooded due to heavy rain, I had a great time, despite needing to take cover from the rain under a Panda Express for about 20 minutes.
98456038-A136-4C7F-BC3E-927D3B408FB6.jpeg

0E8E41E6-A427-4200-B39A-5FD1E0218A22.jpeg

3631A0A3-97BE-423B-9023-9841E9CB14F0.jpeg

Last edited:

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
My friends have been super supportive as well as helpful with an idea I have for a possible book/game (we’re still figuring it out) and it’s really encouraged me to keep working on it :)
same! my friends started an idea but we never went through with it. i'm planning on doing game design so i wanna start it up again with them, and hopefully we make something of it.

same! my friends started an idea but we never went through with it. i'm planning on doing game design so i wanna start it up again with them, and hopefully we make something of it.
fancy and sulo W tbh

(also keep me posted! see it through, im sure it’s going to be awesome)

Theia

You love me for everything you hate me for
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Had a doctor appointment recently and found out that I've lost twenty-five pounds from my starting weight. Might not sound like a lot, but it's come after some pretty bad struggles on both ends of the unhealthy eating habits spectrum and I'm pretty fucking proud of it :psyglad:

Had a doctor appointment recently and found out that I've lost twenty-five pounds from my starting weight. Might not sound like a lot, but it's come after some pretty bad struggles on both ends of the unhealthy eating habits spectrum and I'm pretty fucking proud of it :psyglad:
hell yeah bro, good for you

I made new friends recently! I've been actively trying to make new friends over the last month or so, not because of a lack of friends, but some part of me craved a specific type of friendship I think.

I didn't manage to fill that part in my mind, but making new friends is a very heartwarming feeling! I'm just glad I am still able to converse with someone without feeling awkward! I think what helped me with this task the most is when I realized that sometimes, people just don't want to make new friends, not because they dislike you or anything, but simply because they have too much on their plate.

Hope everyone has been doing well, and had a great halloween! I'm munching on Haribos days late in celebration.

Aqua Jet

Stardew
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Copping an opportunity to speak as a panelist to 100+ people that might be interested in investing in my career at the end of the month

View attachment 462068
good luck, you got this!!!

~

My dad's girlfriend's sister (who will call Ava)'s husband (who we'll call Bob) is rich. Like they have servants rich. What happened was they were in Dubai and Ava began talking to one of the people that worked at the hotel, a cleaner who we'll call Linda. Ava being Ava, they basically exchanged life stories. Linda is from the Philippines and sends 80% of her income back to the country to her family. She has 6 grandkids that she's never met because there hasn't been enough. Ava talked to Bob and they both agreed something would have to be done. Later, Ava tracked down Linda and offered the following proposal:
- Linda would go to the Philippines on Ava and Bob's dime for a week to see her kids and grandkids right away
- Linda would go to the UK and work for Ava and Bob, and they would DOUBLE her current salary
Apparently, Linda started bawling and the story made me really happy to hear and I wanted to share it with you all :)

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
So my GF and I are moving out of our apartment in January, and we haven't signed another lease yet. She's been applying to PA school (Physician's Assistant) for the last 2 years and she just got the call last night that she got accepted into a program! I was super hyped for her because she has bad imposter syndrome so her getting accepted was like "Damn see I told you're smart enough" and we didn't know where we'd be living in 2 months (So now we know lol). On top of that I'll be proposing to her next week on Thanksgiving (Wish me luck!)

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
So my GF and I are moving out of our apartment in January, and we haven't signed another lease yet. She's been applying to PA school (Physician's Assistant) for the last 2 years and she just got the call last night that she got accepted into a program! I was super hyped for her because she has bad imposter syndrome so her getting accepted was like "Damn see I told you're smart enough" and we didn't know where we'd be living in 2 months (So now we know lol). On top of that I'll be proposing to her next week on Thanksgiving (Wish me luck!)
Congrats on not being homeless in 2 months! ooc do you know how you’re proposing??

Last edited:

awyp

is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Congrats on not being homeless in 2 months! ooc do you know how you’re propsing??
Right! don't want to be homeless ):

So I'm taking a tiny trip to Arizona with my GF and her family, it's like at a resort and so depending on how if the lobby looks nice / empty enough I might do it there or we might just go out on a walk with my GF and her family and ask her brother to be phone ready to take a video (I was thinking something scenic in area like near a mountain trail (Go for the shoe tie / pretend to slightly trip to get her attention and then boom bring out the ring). I'm open to ideas) (nothing in stone)

Last edited:

awyp

RMT Leader
Right! don't want to be homeless ):

So I'm taking a tiny trip to Arizona with my GF and her family, it's like at a resort and so depending on how if the lobby looks nice / empty enough I might do it there or we might just go out on a walk with my GF and her family and ask her brother to be phone ready to take a video (I was thinking something scenic in area like near a mountain trail (Go for the shoe tie / pretend to slightly trip to get her attention and then boom bring out the ring). I'm open to ideas) (nothing in stone)
Well update on this, my GF ended up saying yes! It was probably the most special and intimate moment of our lives. She didn’t see it coming so it made it even more better since the surprise was in full effect.

adem

yap
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i got my first few uni offers, and considering how much i was struggling with college early on academically + some not good mental health issues, seeing those really boosted my confidence and motivation to keep going, seeing how far I've come in my life, even though its still the start of my journey it feels like I've been waiting for ages for this moment to come

also congrats brother :muscle:
Well update on this, my GF ended up saying yes! It was probably the most special and intimate moment of our lives. She didn’t see it coming so it made it even more better since the surprise was in full effect.

Not exactly happy but more relieved

I had to submit my bachelor's thesis on the 1st of December and I completely miscalculated the amount of work it would take, leading to me lacking a good portion of the thesis by the beginning of the week. So from Monday to Thursday, I legit put a good 45-50 hours of pure work into this stupid thesis. If I wasn't on vacation from work this week, man I would've been fucked

Barely ate, drank and only slept around 5 hours every day. I didn't think I had it in me, but I worked myself into trance. Just pure concentration. I legitimately can't remember these days, there's just... fuzz. Static

I don't want to ever go through this again, my body is fucking aching since I finished it. However, I am very surprised that there was so much discipline in me

Will take a few days for me to bounce back. I need some more nutrition, sleep and exercise, then I guess I will feel good fit again

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
Not exactly happy but more relieved

I had to submit my bachelor's thesis on the 1st of December and I completely miscalculated the amount of work it would take, leading to me lacking a good portion of the thesis by the beginning of the week. So from Monday to Thursday, I legit put a good 45-50 hours of pure work into this stupid thesis. If I wasn't on vacation from work this week, man I would've been fucked

Barely ate, drank and only slept around 5 hours every day. I didn't think I had it in me, but I worked myself into trance. Just pure concentration. I legitimately can't remember these days, there's just... fuzz. Static

I don't want to ever go through this again, my body is fucking aching since I finished it. However, I am very surprised that there was so much discipline in me

Will take a few days for me to bounce back. I need some more nutrition, sleep and exercise, then I guess I will feel good fit again
last-minute panic is a hell of a drug. grats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)