Social What's something that made you happy recently?

Hello friends, did something, or maybe someone make you happy recently? Was it perhaps a good deed you've done, but never found the opportunity to share? Could be big, or really small; recent as a month, or just today!

For me: I reconnected with an old friend recently! She had been a very supportive friend in the past, so I managed to come out of my closet to her very easily, and of course, she was very supportive!! She even gave me very helpful advice on how to approach people without feeling nervous. :'D It's a very sweet feeling to know that sometimes no matter how many years it's been since you last spoke to someone, they still see you in very friendly terms!

Hope your day has been as good as mine. :DD

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Well, I've reached the end of a roller coaster of a school year, finally, so that's good I suppose. The problem I've actually had is that, for about three years now, every summer break period I've had has been absolutely miserable. So why do I mention this in a thread designed around happy things?

That's easy: because I have reason to believe this year will be the first enjoyable one in quite some time.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I graduated from college today and got to see my girlfriend for the first time in a while so it was a pretty good day
Congrats!! This is huge and I hope you get the chance to properly celebrate my friend

Well, I've reached the end of a roller coaster of a school year, finally, so that's good I suppose. The problem I've actually had is that, for about three years now, every summer break period I've had has been absolutely miserable. So why do I mention this in a thread designed around happy things?

That's easy: because I have reason to believe this year will be the first enjoyable one in quite some time.
Got plans or something specific that gives you this perspective, or are you just staying optimistic? Either way is dope

I like this thread and keep meaning to reply to it, but bad things keep happening lol. But I finally tested negative for COVID this week and was able to get out of my apartment and play some ultimate frisbee!
Gz on COVID-negativity

it’s just one of many tests I love to fail, such as the STD panel that came back squeaky last week

(know your status, folks)
:boatogostandode:

TODAY I WOKE UP WITH A MIGRAINE AND VOMMED x3 TIMES
I hope you're feeling better.-- That sounds like an awful way to wake up. ; A;

I graduated from college today and got to see my girlfriend for the first time in a while so it was a pretty good day
Congratulations!!! Do you have any plans for after college?

Fun little thread idea!

I've been playing tabletop RPGs with friends a lot more recently, and thoroughly enjoying it!
That's actually super rad, what module did you play? 5e? PF2?

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
As far as mental wellness is concerned, this summer break has been a complete train wreck so far, although given that this is how the month of May goes every year anyways, I’ve just kind of accepted the fact that this is what life will be like from now on during the month. In the meantime… uhh… I have friends who care about me? That’s something, I suppose. Look. The thing is, does it really count as happiness if you’re forcing yourself to try and feel a certain emotion?

If you couldn’t tell by the tone of my voice (or I guess my text…?), I feel like crap right now and the only reason I’m here Is because I don’t exactly know how to make myself happy anymore, let alone keep it that way. Glad to see everyone else here doing well. I just wish I knew what that felt like, that’s all.

Keem

formerly Nezloe
Knowing that my nephew is coming down for he summer (he lives in cali and about the same age as me) we plan to go to the park and sea world along other places this is huge for me because I literally only get to see him 1 or twice a year.

I finished the semester with a 3.75 GPA! Unfortunately I was 0.05 away from making it to Dean's List (it's a very inconsequential award) but I'm really happy with what I achieved! I genuinely thought I was going to tank my grades this semester.--

Hope everyone's been doing good! I will order Sushi to celebrate. :DD

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I was in the car with my mom and we were talking about some unfortunate circumstances that lead my mom to not be able to have a child before me and she was like "u know ur dad and i were talking the other day about how glad we are to have u as our son instead of the other boy" and it made me really happy

My mental health has been the best it has been in my whole life as of recently and i feel like i have control over things with good goals in mind. Its so nice because when i was growing up my parents would compare me to other children a lot and be like "why cant u do this? x person does that" and always demanding more from me but i know theyre proud of me now by telling me they wouldnt have anyone else as their son over me or wish i turned out differently :heart:

After months of applying and getting very few job offers besides those where I'd actually LOSE more money than I'd make (since I'd need to relocate), I finally got a solid job offer that's relative local (about the same place my university was at). I would have been content making the same amount as my old job, but I'll be making nearly DOUBLE at this new position. Couldn't feel luckier, especially since I don't know what I even did differently that led to this outcome.

Hi I'm finally back home from visiting parents and it was great! I didn't realize how little social battery I had in me, but it was a very pleasurable experience meeting my cousins again!

Hope everyone is having a good August!

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor

"Top 10 Messages That Didn't Age Well"

I've tocuhed more in-depth on this in other threads, but as far as good thing that are happening, it's admittedly hard to think of them when my mind is in this kind of a state. I suppose what I could say is that I'm historically very good at rebounding from a poor situation. There's no reason to not think I could just rebound from this like I do most times. I don't know, though. I came here again because I thought reading some of your guys' messages would help me make myself happier. Happiness can't be forced, however.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
I got an engagement ring for my girlfriend and it just came in the mail, it came through internationally and it took 2 months but I'm happy because it wasn't lost in the mail and now I can finally propose :)

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
I got an engagement ring for my girlfriend and it just came in the mail, it came through internationally and it took 2 months but I'm happy because it wasn't lost in the mail and now I can finally propose :)
omg can we see it??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)