Project What's His Last? V4 (Round 24 Voting Phase: Semi-Stall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shout out to TFL for the team.
Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn (M) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
Here is an attempt at finagling descriptions based on what tiffle was talking about when building: This team was primarily built around 3 attacks megabro since it's a pretty fun tank and can catch a lot of ppl off guard when they think that stuff like lati is a counter to it and send it in with no remorse, and being a surefire counter to ddnite is also pretty cool. Next, ferrotran was added as a pretty cool core that completes the fwg core and offers hazard support for the team while also offering a revenge killer in heatran and had really solid defensive synnergy overall. At this point, the team seemed pretty weak to random stuff like mew and clefable that usually threatens semi-stall teams such as this one, so gliscor was added as a pretty cool mon to check those things and add a ground immunity to the team so that offensive grounds cant just click eq whenever they come in without thinking and allows you to make aggressive plays with Heatran. After, Gliscor, the team was really weak to offensive flying types, namely tornt and lacked hazard removal, so defog zapdos was added on as a check to tornt while also being an emergency pinsir check just in case heatran died earlier in the game.

Edit: I'm gonna start posting the playstyle of the team used each week in the thread title so that people know what kind of team they're nomming partners for before they do. (this is to avoid shit like chansey offense and such lol)

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 164 HP / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat wave

Tornadus-t is a really good pivot for this semi-stall, can generate momentum, useful for your breakers, also it's high speed allows him to check keldeo, latios very well, for the 4th slot i choose heat wave, its a useful move to deal with sd mega zor, ferrothorn and Bisharp.

Last edited:

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

A BIT 2 FAT (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

THIS THING WALLS THE RESTANT TEAMS THREATS.

Manaphy

+6 252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 212 HP / 44 SpD Blissey: 324-382 (46 - 54.2%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+6 0 SpA Blissey Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 102-120 (29.9 - 35.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after
Leftovers recover

and Blissey's got twave so Manaphy is lower too, but if he's got the rain dance just fuck him with ferrothorn because chesto power whip and leech seed is the counter, you'll NEVER see hp fire manaphy under rain..

0 SpA Blissey Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gengar: 65-77 (25 - 29.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

GENGAR

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 212 HP / 44 SpD Blissey: 255-302 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- 95.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

and dont forget that Blissey is fucking cmind lol. Taunt gengar isnt a problem becuase you just have to switch out to scarf tran on the taunt.

Zapdos isnt the countah because he gets 2hkoed by sludge wave after rock etc. etc.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 180+ SpD Zapdos: 165-196 (43 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Spe def scor isnt the counter too because he doesnt touch gengar,,

Kyurem-Black

Hp fire cube just fuck this team, and Blissey counterss it rlly well.

Last edited:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
Nothing special here. adds a wincon, paralyzes fast threats like gengar if used correctly, and fits wonderfully on this semi-stall team

I don't know about you, but I don't like having to sacc a mon to bring in something against kyub, especially when ferro is weakened.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Wincon, backup kyub check (because I feel like ferro is gonna get a shitton of pressure), RKer, etc etc. You know the drill.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I don't know about you, but I don't like having to sacc a mon to bring in something against kyub, especially when ferro is weakened.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Wincon, backup kyub check (because I feel like ferro is gonna get a shitton of pressure), RKer, etc etc. You know the drill.
It clearly has a mega bro....

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Voting Phase

Clefable
Torn-T
Blissey

(mega scizor doesn't make it since the team has a mega...)

Reactions: Sun

Breezy

formerly Quaze
Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 164 HP / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Taunt

srry bro I realized this just now. So my only choice is fable.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nah m8 gotta prepare to eat some KOffs

Seriously though voting for Clefable because both the Blissey and Torn sets listed are suboptimal

Breezy

formerly Quaze
Gliscor takes knock off very well!
If you think that Bisharps counter is Clefable then u should check his second typing.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Announcement: I am currently looking for a new co-host for this thread as skarmx2 is going to be quitting soon. If you wish to be the next do-host of this thread, just pm me on smogon, and I'll pick the best candidate (hint: giving reasons why you would be a good co-host helps your chances)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
After mulling over all of the potential candidates to run the thread, wishes has been chosen as the new co-owner of the thread. Sorry to all the other candidates that applied for the position, but wishes's credentials combined with having the best reasoning made it clear who the best candidate for the new position was. Congratulations to wishes for winning the job!

Also next round will be posted later when I can get my pc.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
(dw im posting offense next week lmao)

This is a pretty cool semi-stall team that I built around venutran that is pretty cool and unique in that it uses a classic xy stall core for a present day stall team. I wanted to use a core that allowed me the freedom to use doublade since it's a pretty cool mon to check a lot of common threats to stall like mgarde, mhera, mmedi, etc. Doublade is way better than people give it credit for, being able to condense being a pursuit trapper and a check to so many key threats for stall into one slot and being bulky enough to actually use rest without worrying about having its rests outdamaged by wallbreakers. Heatran can form a really nice core with venusaur since it can deal with a lot of the flying and fire types that annoy venu as well as providing rocks for the team while venu checks fighting types and waters that can annoy heatran, although it really hates scald burns. Heatran in particular is really valuable because it adds a stallbreaker to the team and can really help with pressuring opposing stall and getting mons like chansey weak enough so that teammates can come in and kill them. Doublade adds pursuit trapping so that tran isnt too pressures to switch into the lati twins and to stop starmie from spinning away tran's rocks as well as being able to get chip damage against wallbreakers like mega garde that pressure it when they switch in. After that, Starmie was added to spin away hazards and add another Keld check so that venu doesnt get murdered by scald burns along with being able to spread burns to the other team. Lastly, bolt blast clefable was added since the team got 6-0'd by stallbreaker gliscor and had some trouble pressuring mega sab without tran, who relies on a 70% accurate move to check sableye and adds a reliable wincon to the team, which it lacked prior to clef being added.
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Mild Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Pursuit
- Rest

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock
But...What's his last?

GLISCOR

posting when it's 4 am

Team definitely needs a ground immunity to avoid Ground types from steamrolling it, and is also pretty weak to a bunch of common threats including Bisharp, Talonflame, Charizard, etc, which means the last slot has to be a ground type.

Hippowdon really goes against Mega Venusaur's recovery (and I didn't really like it here anyway), and Lando-T has no reliable recovery so I didn't think it'd fit well on semi-stall.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Enjoy your stallbreaker so you don't click X against those team archetypes.

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic / Curse

Quagsire completes this team by giving it a reliable answer to a variety of setup mons that already pressure it like Bisharp, Zard X, and Weavile while also solidifying the team vs Clefable if Quagsire runs curse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)