What's His Last? UU Edition [Week 9 - Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
After a last-minute turn of events (!!!), Merlouvynis takes home the gold this week with his Mega Houndoom submission. Grats!
Mega Sharpedo - 6
Mega Blastoise - 2
Mega Houndoom - 10
Mega Aerodactyl - 8
Mega Beedrill - 2
Tentacruel - 3

This weeks team was provided to me by Hairy Toenail . Thanks a lot! It's a cool offensive team featuring the ever scary SD Lucario, with Spikes-support from Roserade, as well as some nice speed control in Scarf Hydreigon. Sableye annoys a bunch of physical attackers and is very threatening to offensive teams. The team seems very solid, but there's still one Pokemon missing. Can you guess what it will be?

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Knock Off

You have until Fridaynight to get your submissions in!

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Rotom-Heat

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

I picked Rotom-H for the last slot mainly because of the great type synergy it offers for the the team. It provides the team with an offensive check to Mamoswine (Ice resist = Lucario, Ground resist = Hydreigon), Crobat and Tornadus (no actual Flying resist), and adds a Fairy resist, which, while not the best answer to Fairies, can at least relieve some pressure from Roserade, the teams only Sylveon switch-in, in a pinch. I also felt like this team would appreciate a hard hitter on the special spectrum that could hit bulky Water and Steel types for good damage (Scarf Drei is weak af), and Rotom-H, also forming a nice VoltTurn core with Hydreigon that can abuse Spike stack, fit the bill. Personally, I would probably go for Scarf on Rotom and LO + Taunt on Hydreigon, because I don't like "crippling" mons by giving them extra power, but since the sets are unchangeable, I went with Specs. No hazard removal sucks for Rotom, but oh well you can't have it all.

where is the core shredder reservation tho?

Last edited:

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge

Standart Aerodactyl Mega set. I really like Aqua tail here because it beats Krook (that can check Lucario) and hits hard both Nidoqueen & Mamoswine that are a bit annoying. Earthquake makes sure Empoleon cant defog hazards for free. Aero works well along the team, SD Crunch Lucario lures Doublade & Slowking which is amazing to help Aerodactyl-Mega to clean late game. Wing Attack and Stone Edge are mandatory stabs. I guess Roost or Hone claws are decent options as well if you want to try that out.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run / Knock Off

The team looks a bit weak to Sylveon and special Dragon-types such as Hydreigon and Mega Sceptile, as these threats can find some good opportunities to come in and fire off their attacks (Sylveon on Hydreigon/Swampert/Sableye to varying degrees, Hydreigon and Mega Sceptile on Swampert). Further, the team can't switch into these more than a couple times per game. While this is definitely a manageable weakness, extra security versus these threats would be helpful. Swords Dance Escavalier alleviates this weakness while giving the team another wincon and way to pressure fat teams, works well with Spikes support, and can potentially lure Cobalion and Infernape with Drill Run (both of which can give the team trouble).

Kind of surprised nobody has picked Florges or Sylveon yet. Team wants a fairy pretty badly to absorb dracos/have ice or fairy type coverage.

The fact that Rose isn't sleep powder makes me sad, because that would make up for the lack of hazard removal (you could lead with taunt Sableye or with Rose if that were the case and deal with a good many SR leads). So you also kind of want rapid spin (defog is counter-productive on spikes teams, IMO). Or another way to control hazards...

I think I'm gonna go with Espeon here. Magic bounce should give you at least something in the way of hazard protection.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun / Baton Pass

I'm a big fan of lefties Espeon because despite how frail it is, it can still absorb weak hits from things like forretress's volt switch or other weakly invested attacks. With the prevalence of Krook and the moderate threat that his earthquake is to your team (coupled with the fact that your Hydreigon kind of wants to keep his item and doesn't have any recovery to continually switch in on knock), I didn't really want to get Espeon choice-locked into a move, and I also wanted to give you a good way to abuse the free turns you get when you use magic bounce. Another alternative would be substitute in favor of calm mind (then BP or shadow ball over morning sun) which prevents your opponent from using scarfers to kill Espeon as easily (you come in on hazards, sub up on the switch out, and doink scarf Krook/Mence/Hydreigon/Bee, giving you more momentum).

It also gives you a solid answer to Blissey, because Blissey can't status Espeon out like it can Lucario (you really don't want your cleaner to be paralyzed). Also nice to be able to hit conk super effectively, and even through AV (psyshock <3).

The weakness here is that you still don't have a Sylveon switch-in (although Rose can deal with it 1v1, you don't have a good way of getting Rose in) so you have to sac every time you see it.

I considered CM Florges in this spot but felt that with the offensive nature of the team and the spikes support (and the lack of hazard removal), Espeon fit better. It doesn't need to get +6/+6 to start bopping things (+1 or +2 gives you a lot of OHKO's with spikes or rocks on the field) and it doesn't have to absorb hits in return like Florges does.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
sorry for the wait, guys. LeoLancaster is going to take over this project soon, since I have mostly stepped away from UU and don't really feel like hosting this anymore. Thanks for all the enthusiasm and positive responses to this thread from you guys! Sorry for being late sometimes with new weeks, I'm sure Leo will do a way better job. He will start a new thread soon, starting off fresh.

King UU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)