Project What's His / Her / Its / Their / Babyself Last? PU Edition (voting phase)

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OP Copied from Erai14, approved by Raiza and galbia, Original by Halcyon and Subject 18, OP edited by everybody, awesome art by Ssensenh
c6abc54a0f089db1b7a32e92960b312b.png

A long time ago, back when DPP was the current gen, and there was no team preview, the above question was often asked. You had to be prepared for anything in that last slot and use your deductive teambuilding skills to figure out just what your opponent was saving in the back. Still today, we can use these skills to better build our own teams. When building, there will be times when you have 5 perfect Pokemon. Mons that fit together so well that you just can't seem to pick a final Pokemon. Or sometimes you have a crippling weakness to a major threat and can't think of a mon that will cover it that fits the team. This project aims to let the community figure out what the best last Pokemon would be for a given team of 5.

Every round, I will post a team that is missing one Pokemon. You guys will then post suggestions for the final mon. Over the next few days, these nominations will be discussed amongst the users until voting begins. Once the vote starts, people will choose the last mon that they think fits the rest of the team best. At the end of the round, the Pokemon with the most votes will be the winner! The team will be archived, and the user who suggested the set will have his or her name alongside the team. Think of this as a lesson in team building!

RULES:
1. Standard PU forum rules apply. No flaming/antagonizing please. Also no one liners please.
2. No joke sets. Sets that are plain bad/unviable are not welcome.
3. No slashing in your suggestions. You can't have 5 moves in a battle, why here?
4. Only one nomination per person, per round. Can't suggest more than one mon.
5. No changing the other members of the team, INCLUDING SETS. Only I can change the team and movesets.
6. Voting for your own nomination is NOT ALLOWED.
7. Please PM me if you have a team you would like featured, or just want to help out. These have to come from somewhere!
8. Have Fun :toast:

Last edited:

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:

MZ

You guys can post now! First team by me, again if you have a team you want on here just send it to me

328.gif
368.gif
189-1.gif
375.gif
512.gif

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Toxic

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 132 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash

Simisage @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off

This was a team I decided to build around trapinch+gorebyss to remove things like Pawniard, Scarf Raichu, or general checks like Zebstrika before trying to clean. Jumpluff was added to fake out memento, I never actually needed it since Gorebyss is pretty good at setting up on its own. It also pivots around and weakens teams for the eventual clean. Metang provides Stealth Rock support and an Ice-type check, plus some priority. Simisage gives me a revenge killer, secondary cleaner, and more Water-type insurance. But what's my last?

fixed the title to be less misogynistic
galbiaedit: u forgot to include non binaries so i fixed for you

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Grass

Really basic but this gives us something that can outspeed Floatzel, which we currently lack, as well as just a general fast mon as this team is pretty slow overall. Also synergizes well with Trapinch which is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MZ

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- X-Scissor
- Night Slash

Ninjask would be a good addition to the team as it can lure in Rock, Steel, and Fire types and then can U-turn into Trapinch, allowing Trapinch to trap and weaken them. It also takes care of Grass types, which Trapinch and Gorebyss hate. Ninjask complements Trapinch and Gorebyss well because it outspeeds Floatzel and Simisage and OHKOes them, while Trapinch and Gorebyss take care of the types that threaten Ninjask. It also has a decent attack stat, which it can use to weaken or KO walls that would otherwise get in the way of Trapinch or Gorebyss and outspeeds most of the tier with its 160 base speed.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Electabuzz @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
Tbh rn I wouldn't think that Trapinch would be a great teammate unless there is something else which appreciated trapinch. Additionally, Electabuzz fits the team nicely by making a Volturn core with jumpluff, and importantly provides more bulk to the team helping it pressure water-types, as although most are revenge killed by Scarf Simisage, Scarf simipour is a huge threat, and it also checks rotom-f nicely, as otherwise the team has to try and wear it down with rocks and maybe RK with Simisage, but subsitute sets could then be annoying.

Seaking @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 20 Def / 24 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Megahorn
This team seems to rely too much on scarf Simisage to knock out fast mons, as there seem to be several that wreck havoc with this. Rapidash cannot be OHKOed by anything this team has to offer without getting heavy damage on at least one mon, scarf Rotom-F can 2HKO or OHKO everything on this team and cannot be trapped, and specs Floatzel can also 2HKO or OHKO everything. Rest Seaking helps relieve the pressure needed to predict with opposing fast offensive mons in general, and the set provided is 3HKOed by specs Floatzel Hydro Pump with rocks, 3HKOed by charcoal Rapidash Flare Blitz with rocks, and 4HKOed by scarf Rotom-F Blizzard. It is also able to 2HKO or OHKO all of these aforementioned mons with rocks up. (Waterfall for Rapidash, Megahorn for Floatzel/Rotom.)
TLDR: This team has 0 Rotom switchins.
Please let me know if my reasoning isn't valid, I am not great at teambuilding.

Electrode @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fast Electric-types seem to finish off this team really well, and while Zebstrika and Electabuzz seem like strong choices here, Electrode is also really nice. Like the other two, it really appreciates Trapinch's ability to trap Zebstrika, and in this case, Electrode gives another strong check to Scarf Chatot, which can be mildly annoying outside of Metang. Overall Electrode rounds out the team well with nice Speed for things like Floatzel and Ninjask and overall nice synergy.

MZ

And if anybody's still around you can now vote on what you think is the best fitting/most likely mon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)