What? Weavile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem, Ahem.... 2 Ice moves?!?! I'd say replace Ice Punch/Shard with Swords Dance. If you're pretty suspicious of being OHKO'd, just Baton Pass. But whatever you do, 2 of the same type of moves (Physical/Special/Status and Set-Up Moves) which are both same type (Water,Fire,Psychic,etc.) is FAIL.
Both moves work fairly differently. Ice Punch can take out Latios and Latias while Ice Shard can remove faster, more frail Pokemon like Garchomp, Shyamin-s, and Rayquaza. Besides, having Swords Dance on a Choice Band set just doesn't work.

you know, punishment is pretty good in weavile. Kyogre, lati@s, lugia, giratina and stuff are really hurt after CMs. Doesnt change the fact that weavile sucks in ubers though...

you know, punishment is pretty good in weavile. Kyogre, lati@s, lugia, giratina and stuff are really hurt after CMs. Doesnt change the fact that weavile sucks in ubers though...
Kyogre would just flat out attack, Lugia is mostly a phazer, Giratina is more efficiently killed via night slash. Lati@s is the only viable target.

Kyogre would just flat out attack, Lugia is mostly a phazer, Giratina is more efficiently killed via night slash. Lati@s is the only viable target.
And Lati@s are both killed via CBIce Punch. However, after 2CMs Kyogre is 1hko'd with punishment and Giratina is 1hko'd after 3. Of course if they aren't CM sets then you're wasting a slot on your Weavile who already has 4ss.

And Lati@s are both killed via CBIce Punch. However, after 2CMs Kyogre is 1hko'd with punishment and Giratina is 1hko'd after 3. Of course if they aren't CM sets then you're wasting a slot on your Weavile who already has 4ss.
As I said before, Kyogre would just attack Weavile. Giratina-A would go for the Will-o-Wisp immediately. Soul dew counts as a calm mind, so it doesn't matter for Lati@s.

As I said before, Kyogre would just attack Weavile. Giratina-A would go for the Will-o-Wisp immediately. Soul dew counts as a calm mind, so it doesn't matter for Lati@s.
Oh ya, I don't disagree with your statement that its a bad idea, simply saying that if Kyogre of Giratin-A already have 2 or 3 CMs respectively, Weavile can revenge kill them with Punishment before they can act(yay outspeeding).

Weavile doesn't beat Deoxys-A for the record, considering that Deoxys-A uses Extremspeed.

Not only is Scizor a problem but Weavile is also great Forry setup bait.

what are you talking about tripe, battle tower IS competitive...

sarcasm aside.

I could NEVER use weavile on one of my teams for one reason alone: forry bait. forrestress is so god damn annoying and toxic spikes kill almost ALL stallbreakers (specsogre,tyranitar,wobb,groudon,palkia etc) that i never use a pokemon that lets forry get free Tspikes up. I have trouble using scizor because of this reason, but i only bring him out once and uturn right away. (if forry comes in i dont use scizor until that damn steel pinecone is dead)

Although it might be interesting to use weavile to lure OUT forretress then switch in a sub heracross with megahorn, CC, night slash after Tspikes are up to screw up some stall members (*thinks about team*)

Although it might be interesting to use weavile to lure OUT forretress then switch in a sub heracross with megahorn, CC, night slash after Tspikes are up to screw up some stall members (*thinks about team*)
Kinda ironic that bullet punch > heracross once the sub is dead.

Scizor + Forry is rare, and Heracross is best used as a Choice Scarfer to check Darkrai and revenge kill random dudes like Mewtwo and pals. I'm not sure I would use a SubCross in Ubers simply because of the low speed.

Scizor + Forry is rare, and Heracross is best used as a Choice Scarfer to check Darkrai and revenge kill random dudes like Mewtwo and pals. I'm not sure I would use a SubCross in Ubers simply because of the low speed.
Subsalac is the same speed as scarf, but I'd wouldn't trust subsalac due to the fact you'll be low hp, and that's begging for priority moves to hit you.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man, I hear the same crap everywhere...Weavile sucks because Scizor Scizor Scizor. If you've ever actually used a Weavile, you know how stupid that argument is.

Fact is, Weavile has no business fucking with Scizor or walls that aren't weak to its STAB moves because that's not its job; its job is to snag guaranteed kills on Pokemon that like to come in constantly and terrorize your team or revenge kill bulky sweepers that are especially weak to its moves. Dragonite, Mence, Gengar, Latias, Rotom, DDtar, Celebi, etc. There's a pretty nice list of things Weavile can kill to justify its use on your team.

But that all changes in the Ubers environment, since everything is suddenly faster, stronger, and extremely bulky. There's absolutely nothing in Ubers it can switch in on with a reasonable degree of safety and kill right away. It doesn't even threaten anything in particular besides Rayquaza and Yache-less Garchomp, so don't expect to get much out of Pursuit, which is one of the best reasons to use it in the first place.

All of that and you guys decide to mention Scizor of all things. Give me a break.

Simply put, Weavile has no place in the Ubers environment, since it deals pitiful damage to common Ubers threats and becomes easy setup bait for the many things that force it out.

But that all changes in the Ubers environment, since everything is suddenly faster, stronger, and extremely bulky. There's absolutely nothing in Ubers it can switch in on with a reasonable degree of safety and kill right away. It doesn't even threaten anything in particular besides Rayquaza and Yache-less Garchomp, so don't expect to get much out of Pursuit, which is one of the best reasons to use it in the first place.

All of that and you guys decide to mention Scizor of all things. Give me a break.

Simply put, Weavile has no place in the Ubers environment, since it deals pitiful damage to common Ubers threats and becomes easy setup bait for the many things that force it out.
Weavile is only outsped naturally by Mewtwo and Shaymin-s. The only common scarfers that Weavile has trouble against are: Kyogre, Dialga, and Palkia. Shaymin-S and Garchomp easily die to ice shard. Lati@s are also threatened by Weavile easily, as the user could play guessing games between ice shard and pursuit. Weavile's best role is revenge killer with a choice band, which it does quite well. Scizor is mentioned a lot, simply because he's the number one counter to Weavile, as he resists both of his stabs and is only neutral to fighting. Also I wouldn't switch even a support Groudon into banded ice punch. As for switching in safely, I could say the same for Rayquaza, the most deadly sweeper in the tier imo, yet he does his job fine.

Man, I hear the same crap everywhere...Weavile sucks because Scizor Scizor Scizor. If you've ever actually used a Weavile, you know how stupid that argument is.

Fact is, Weavile has no business fucking with Scizor or walls that aren't weak to its STAB moves because that's not its job; its job is to snag guaranteed kills on Pokemon that like to come in constantly and terrorize your team or revenge kill bulky sweepers that are especially weak to its moves. Dragonite, Mence, Gengar, Latias, Rotom, DDtar, Celebi, etc. There's a pretty nice list of things Weavile can kill to justify its use on your team.

In my opinion, Scizor is much better than Weavile.

For one, Weavile can't switch in on ANYTHING. Stealth Rocks and all entry hazards beats it to death. Scizor himself not only counters Weavile, but also does ALL of his jobs better or as well with the exception of fighting bulky Rotom, which Weavile can't even switch in on anyway. Weavile blows absolute dick compared to Scizor. Its faster, but thats about it.

As for Weavile being walled by Forretress in Ubers this is only half true. +2 Low Kick 2HKOs Forretress and what will Forretress do back with a typical Ubers moveset? Payback? Earthquake?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The difference between say, Rayquaza and Weavile, is specifically that being U-Turn bait sucks. Other attacks you can play around by switching. Try to switch against U-Turn and you just get f'd up even more. So, if you're f'd by U-Turn and can't really do ANYTHING to Scizor, just your being around makes life hell for you AND your team.

Sad, but true. Being U-turn weak AND Stealth Rock weak means that a fairly standard team with Deoxys-S and Scizor may make your life hell.

If you're interested in Weavile, a Scarf Darkrai lead is an option, but it may make you even weaker to Scizor. Scarf Skymin...well, Scizor does well against it too. So the best antileads for stopping Deoxys-S and Groudon end up losing to Scizor as well...not very heartening.

I think that you could try a Forretress or Cloyster lead on a team with Weavile, since they fare ok against Scizor, barring the rare Choice Band users. I think Weavile would perform decently on a team with a couple Choice users that would be switching around a lot anyways, so using Forretress or Cloyster wouldn't be much of a burden to it.

I'm not too sure about all its uber uses, but something like a Scarf Magnezone could kill Scizor. In Ubers I don't think it nor Forretress ever run Shed Shell and it can also outrun Swords Dance Rayquaza, Lucario, Garchomp and Lugia.

Should Weavile manage a Swords Dance after that.. and assuming the opponent runs no Scarfers.. or other pokes to beat it..

Weavile looks like it could do a number on uber stall teams though.

Let's just all realize that no matter the tier ice is probably the worst type in the game, yes including grass since at least grass beats water, which is a good type. Ice has nooooooooooo resistances so even awesomely stated pokes like mamoswine and weavile can't do sh&* because they can never switch in on anything. Being walled by steels, beaten by scizor, and weak to SR is just lots of frosting on the cake.

Let's just all realize that no matter the tier ice is probably the worst type in the game, yes including grass since at least grass beats water, which is a good type. Ice has nooooooooooo resistances so even awesomely stated pokes like mamoswine and weavile can't do sh&* because they can never switch in on anything. Being walled by steels, beaten by scizor, and weak to SR is just lots of frosting on the cake.
Mamo has stab eq, and pokemon is a team effort for a reason. Ice is an offensive type, so defenses are unneeded for the most part.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Could the next mod that sees this lock it please (im sorry if I can do this...)

This thread has turned into an arguement on not what sets, and Weaviles possiblities in uber, but more of "ha scizor owns it, its useless." Or "ha its ice type, worst type in the game."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)