Social What do you do for work?

I'm the Technical Department head staff in a electric vehicle distributor firm. What do i do? I tend to clients that have very technical issues with their Charging Stations and electric/electronic related shenanigans , which in turn makes me talk with a lot of clients from around the world. Besides that, i have a team of 40 people under my wing and i'm the youngest one in the whole firm so yeah there's that. But hey i get a nice office with my name on it :D

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I don't currently have a paying job at the time of writing this post, since I'd generally like to try and avoid putting that on my plate when I already need to focus on my schoolwork. Plus, I don't need the extra spending money quite yet. I do plan on getting a summer job again, though, of which I've had two before. I tried for a third, but without diving into the details... you know it's a bad situation when both parents encourage you to try and quit.

The first job I had was at our semi-local Wal-Mart store in the online grocery pickup division. While the pandemic had just begun to take attention in our area, the online grocery pickup actually saw more usage at this time as a result, my guess being that less people wanted to spend time actively walking around in the store itself. In any case, I'd like to think I was at least decent at it for this being my first paid job, but as it was going to be a part-time position anyway, I didn't end up sticking around. Hilariously, the branch managers seemingly forgot how to do their jobs, because I had attempted to file for education leave, knowing my freshman year of college was due to start soon. My request did go through, but then they just... I don't know, forgot to re-hire me, I guess? It was weird.

My other job was less enjoyable, as I worked at a nearby Little Caesar's pizza shop for about a month and a half, if I'm not mistaken. Another summer job, as you might expect. I would like to say that I was part of the crew that was actually making the food, but they kept putting me on dishwashing duty, and occasionally I would help out with breadsticks and pizza sauce. At first, I was okay with this. I was still new, so it made enough sense that they'd put the new guy on dishwashing duty even if it got old quickly. My problems with this job first arose when I saw them treating one of my coworkers who was also very evidently neurodiverse in a similar manner. My reasons for quitting stemmed from starting school again, yes, but I would have quit working with a group of people that weren't respecting me or this particular coworker like they could or should have been. Saying this in the nicest way I can, he was very mentally challenged from what I remember, and this was already after me and one of the interim "bosses" started lashing out at me because I wasn't sure how to use a mop closet "properly".

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Currently in my last semester of college. I’ve had a campus job working for student affairs for the past two years (essentially I’m an office worker. I file stuff, take calls, make spreadsheets, do random errands, etc). Currently applying to teach english abroad after graduation, then probably going to grad school after a few years abroad

As of right now I'm suffering from a physical injury which prohibits me from working, but I work as a butcher, deli worker, managing truck receiver, grocery filler, cashier, fast food server and a council worker (this one isn't paid, more volunteer)

A lot of these are in one place which is great and only really eats up a fair amount of my time, still have some time to do other stuff though.

Currently a flight instructor. I fly Cessnas. Might attempt air for selection this year.

I also drive uber eats as a side job for spare change.

I work as a postdoc in a biomedical engineering department studying lung biology (I would not really consider anything I do to be engineering actually, lol). I'm probably past the point at which I really need to figure out what I want to do long-term, but honestly I haven't. I kind of want to continue pursuing an academic career, but it is certainly overwhelming at times.

I am an aerospace engineer that works on a wide range of aircraft. My specialty coming out of graduate school was Dynamics & Controls with a focus on application to rotorcraft (e.g. helicopters, tilt-rotors, eVTOL, etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)