Approved Welcome to the TCG Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
One day while myself and room owner Slarty were in a skype staff conversation when I brought up the room could benefit from getting player coverage. Proof of approval
[09:34] +Slarty: I hereby give you permission and whatnot
[09:34] Plasmanta: ty o mighty nerdlord

As always, here is a brief summary of the article of it gets approved:

Intro: Oh hey, didn't see you there! You're probably thinking "Oh yay, another room article that no one is going to read because everyone already knows the purpose of said room." Well, the TCG room is a bit different. Of course we have competitive discussion, but if you're a collector interested in your shiny Drifloon from Platinum, this is also the place to visit! We also have tournaments, which the staff will get you familiar with.

Competitive: As with all things with "game" in or related to them, TCG is a competitive environment. We have many players here who play Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Vanguard, and Spongebob. You name it, we play it.

Tournaments: While we haven't had many yet, the room is planning to launch a myriad of weekend of tournaments, with various formats and hosts. If you'd ever be interested in hosting one, please message a staff member, we'd love to hear your idea.

Collectors: With most TCGs, especially Pokemon, there's the playerbase, and the collectors. You can stop by any time to brag about your Full Art EX, even though it might be useless in the competitive scene, just drop by and talk about it. Maybe another collector pulled the same card!

The Peeps of TCG:

Slarty n bumbadadabum: These two are your room owners. They're in charge of policy and such. They're also big nerds

Clefairy and newlurker: The mods. They're there for banning and playing magic together, clefairy is also a bigger nerd than Slarty if that is somehow possible

MochaMint, Plasmanta, FrozenCold, @XK_Zuko, PikachuCandyツ : These guys are your drivers and notable voices. Plasmanta is also qualified for TCG worlds at the moment, so yeah 8D

Conclusion: TCG is a laid back room. Come there and chill about your memories with Lux Chomp or how everyone in their mother wanted base set Charizard back in the day. We can't wait to see you there! o7

You're probably thinking "Oh yay, another room article that no one is going to read because everyone already knows the purpose of said room."
Don't use that sentence, it really doesn't help your cause.

As for the article though, you seem to be a room staff with RO permission with experience in writing for The Player already, so this should be good to go.

Antemortem

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
Don't use that sentence, it really doesn't help your cause.

As for the article though, you seem to be a room staff with RO permission with experience in writing for The Player already, so this should be good to go.

Antemortem
I don't feel that way about room articles, but I know people who have read the player say similar things. Actually the room articles/gossiper are probably my favorite articles in each issue

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
even if people do say things, do not feed the stigma. that's what makes things like this unsuccessful. If you support it, support it; if not, don't.

you're good to go, as long as your brief summaries really are brief and you can flesh out your paragraphs tons more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)