Proposal Weeks not available

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Here we are at yet another sign-up thread woo

Problem: Players saying "they cant start a full season" "don't buy me with the intention of starting", etc, leaving up to interpretation which weeks they can start.

Solution: Have sign up posts have a field called weeks not available. With this they are forced to state which weeks they are actually not gonna be able to play. This way if they try to convince a manager they will be busy while telling other managers they can actually play, they won't be able to due to the info of their post being binding.

Some key points:
  • If you leave this field empty, you could still have irl stuff come up and not play during specific weeks. The point of this is to not let anyone play more than they say they can.
  • Should there be a minimum amount of weeks required for a player to be able to sign up? Or have players not play at all if they list no availability? Ideally nobody should sign up without being able to play at all, so a good balance would be a minimum of 5 weeks of availability. This is of course arbitrary so i'd like to hear some thoughts on this.
  • On paper this should not include playoffs. Playoffs are 2 months away from signups plus theres tiebreakers potentially moving the date playoffs happen.

An example signup would be:

Player Name: Vileman
Tiers Played: RBY OU
Tiers NOT Played: ORAS OU, SM OU
Weeks NOT Played: Week 3, Week 4
Timezone: GMT+1

Please take this into consideration and do post any concerns or comments regarding this. Thank you.

i don't think this idea is helpful for two reasons:
  1. we shouldn't enable/encourage someone to not play multiple weeks
  2. this doesn't stop someone from not filling the field out and leaving ambiguity about their availability nonetheless
current signup format is idealized and idt it needs any revisions outside of maybe restricting ability to edit posts in signup thread.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
  1. we shouldn't enable/encourage someone to not play multiple weeks
  2. this doesn't stop someone from not filling the field out and leaving ambiguity about their availability nonetheless
Yeah after discussions and thinking about it, its tough to actually fix the second point. Only way i could come up with was to also state which weeks you can play, but that can lead to unfair tournament bans if legitimate reasons appears during the 9 weeks of the tournament for someone to not play after all.

Withdrawing this unless someone else has a better idea :pirate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)