move 3: Aqua Jet
move 4: Earthquake / Iron Head
item: Choice Band
ability: Intimidate
nature: Adamant / Jolly
tera type: Fighting / Steel
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Paldean Tauros-W is incredibly strong against one of the top Pokemon in the format, Baxcalibur. Thanks to its strong Close Combats and Intimidate, it is capable of threatening a KO after switching into Baxcalibur.

* **Close Combat**: Close Combat is Paldean Tauros-W's most powerful move and is further empowered by Tera Fighting. Even if Baxcalibur Terastallizes out of its Fighting weakness, Tera Fighting Close Combat is capable of defeating even a max HP Baxcalibur. Its also capable of 2HKOing Dondozo, which is commonly paired with Baxcalibur.

* **Raging Bull / Wave Crash**: Intimidate allows Paldean Tauros-W to switch in multiple times with moderate safety. As such, having a reliable Water-type STAB move with without recoil increases longevity. Managing to counteract dual Screens naturally is also a much appreciated bonus. However, Wave Crash can be used instead if higher damage output is required.

* **Aqua Jet**: Aqua Jet is useful for taking out chipped opponents. Most notably, it gives Paldean Tauros-W an option to pressure Flutter Mane, which is a strong check into Paldean Tauros-W.

* **Earthquake**: While Close Combat can defeat Baxcalibur, Earthquake tends to be a safe option that covers for both the Flutter Mane switch and Tera Electric simultaneously. However, cautions is required as Paldean Tauros-W does not take Glaive Rushes with the most leniency.

* **Iron Head**: In case you run Tera Steel, Iron Head can be a good tertiary STAB option.

Tera Types
========

* **Fighting**: Tera Fighting boosts Close Combat’s damage range helps Paldean Tauros-W's already strong wallbreaking ability. Dondozo and Avalugg both drop like flies to Tera Fighting Close Combat.

* **Steel**: Tera Steel can be a good option to cover Paldean Tauros-W's weaknesses. Setting aside the incredibly common Flutter Mane, the Dragon resistance can help the Baxcalibur matchup, as a +0 Life Orb Glaive Rush from Baxcalibur is capable of OHKOing Tauros otherwise.

EV Spreads
========

* **4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with Adamant**: Jolly Baxcalibur is rare, and even with Adamant Paldean Tauros-W manages to Speed tie it. Tauros Paldean Tauros-W also struggles a bit into Dondozo without the Attack boost from Adamant.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Tachipoyo, 613881]]
- Quality checked by: [[Thick Fat Azumarill, 330577]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Sabelette, 583793]]

Last edited:
I'm glad the other Tauros is getting something. I might mention on CC vs Dondozo, that the def drop is ignored thanks to unaware. Also is AV Any good? You're not doing status category moves with this anyway. I have a very particular ev spread for av if I can find it, it's relevant, and I can find what it's for.

Last edited:
I think AV absolutely has potential but Choice Band is the one I have more familiarity with so I wrote about that haha, I think with Tera Steel AV might be better, definitely has room for exploration

I do think AV would play differently enough from Choice Band personally in terms of roles to warrant separating sets, though

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Addition Removal Comment
(AC) (AH) Add Comma/Add Hyphen, (RC) (RH) Remove Comma/Remove Hyphen

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Close Combat
move 2: Raging Bull / Wave Crash

[SET COMMENTS]

* Tauros-Water Paldean Tauros-W is incredibly strong into against one of the top Pokemon in the format, Baxcalibur. Thanks to its strong Close Combats and Intimidate, it is capable of threatening to take a kill a KO after switching into Baxcalibur.

* **Close Combat**: Close Combat is Tauros’s Paldean Tauros-W's most powerful move, (RC) and is further empowered by Tera Fighting. Even if Baxcalibur Terastalizes Terastallizes out of its Fighting weakness, Tera Fighting Close Combat is capable of defeating even a max HP Baxcalibur (This is very confusing - are you saying it OHKOes other neutral types? It OHKOes even if Bax resists it? 2HKOes? Clarify then I'll edit). Its also capable of 2HKOing Dondozo, who which is commonly paired with Baxcalibur.

* **Raging Bull or / Wave Crash**: Intimidate allows Tauros Paldean Tauros-W to switch in multiple times with moderate safety. As such, having a reliable Water-type STAB move that doesn’t damage itself with without recoil is much appreciated for increases (pick any synonym you like, "bolsters," "enhances," etc.) longevity. Managing to counteract dual screens Screens naturally is also a much appreciated bonus. However, in the case the immediate high-damage is required, Wave Crash can be used instead if higher damage output is required.

* **Aqua Jet**: Aqua Jet is very useful for taking out chipped opponents. Most notably, it gives Tauros Paldean Tauros-W an option to pressure Flutter Mane, who which is a very strong check into Tauros Paldean Tauros-W.

* **Earthquake**: While Close Combat can defeat Baxcalibur, Earthquake tends to be is a safe option that covers for both the Flutter Mane switch and Tera Electric simultaneously.

* **Iron Head**: In case you run Tera Steel, Iron Head can be a good tertiary STAB option.

Tera Types
========

* **Fighting**: Tera Fighting boosting boosts Close Combat’s damage range and helps Tauros’s Paldean Tauros-W's already high strong wallbreaking abilities ability. Dondozo and Avalugg both drop like flies to Tera Fighting Close Combat.

* **Steel**: Tera Steel can be a good option to cover Tauros’s Paldean Tauros-W's weaknesses. Setting aside the incredibly common Flutter Mane, if Baxcalibur manages to get a setup turn while Tauros Paldean Tauros-W switches in, Glaive Rush has a chance to KO with Life Orb. (This is a non sequitur as written - rephrase to something along the lines of "Aside from checking Flutter Mane, Tera Steel also allows Paldean Tauros-W to survive a +2 Life Orb Glaive Rush from Baxcalibur")

EV Spreads
========

* **4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with Adamant**: Jolly Baxcalibur is rare, and even with Adamant you Paldean Tauros-W manages to speed Speed tie it. Tauros Paldean Tauros-W also struggles a tad bit into Dondozo as well without the attack Attack boost from Adamant.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[QC member, 4534534]]

Redo the above and ping me, then I'll double check the commented parts and finalize this for GP 1/1.

I agree this looks good for CB. If you ever do an analysis on AV, I can try to make a spread for it. I'm almost positive I lost it, but it can't be that hard to re-do.

EDIT: lies I have it but no reasons. 204 hp/ 180 atk/ 4 def/ 4+SpD/ 116 Spe

Addition Removal Comment
(AC) (AH) Add Comma/Add Hyphen, (RC) (RH) Remove Comma/Remove Hyphen

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Tauros-Water Paldean Tauros-W is incredibly strong into against one of the top Pokemon in the format, Baxcalibur. Thanks to its strong Close Combats and Intimidate, it is capable of threatening to take a kill a KO after switching into Baxcalibur.

* **Close Combat**: Close Combat is Tauros’s Paldean Tauros-W's most powerful move, (RC) and is further empowered by Tera Fighting. Even if Baxcalibur Terastalizes Terastallizes out of its Fighting weakness, Tera Fighting Close Combat is capable of defeating even a max HP Baxcalibur (This is very confusing - are you saying it OHKOes other neutral types? It OHKOes even if Bax resists it? 2HKOes? Clarify then I'll edit). Its also capable of 2HKOing Dondozo, who which is commonly paired with Baxcalibur.

* **Raging Bull or / Wave Crash**: Intimidate allows Tauros Paldean Tauros-W to switch in multiple times with moderate safety. As such, having a reliable Water-type STAB move that doesn’t damage itself with without recoil is much appreciated for increases (pick any synonym you like, "bolsters," "enhances," etc.) longevity. Managing to counteract dual screens Screens naturally is also a much appreciated bonus. However, in the case the immediate high-damage is required, Wave Crash can be used instead if higher damage output is required.

* **Aqua Jet**: Aqua Jet is very useful for taking out chipped opponents. Most notably, it gives Tauros Paldean Tauros-W an option to pressure Flutter Mane, who which is a very strong check into Tauros Paldean Tauros-W.

* **Earthquake**: While Close Combat can defeat Baxcalibur, Earthquake tends to be is a safe option that covers for both the Flutter Mane switch and Tera Electric simultaneously.

Tera Types
========

* **Fighting**: Tera Fighting boosting boosts Close Combat’s damage range and helps Tauros’s Paldean Tauros-W's already high strong wallbreaking abilities ability. Dondozo and Avalugg both drop like flies to Tera Fighting Close Combat.

* **Steel**: Tera Steel can be a good option to cover Tauros’s Paldean Tauros-W's weaknesses. Setting aside the incredibly common Flutter Mane, if Baxcalibur manages to get a setup turn while Tauros Paldean Tauros-W switches in, Glaive Rush has a chance to KO with Life Orb. (This is a non sequitur as written - rephrase to something along the lines of "Aside from checking Flutter Mane, Tera Steel also allows Paldean Tauros-W to survive a +2 Life Orb Glaive Rush from Baxcalibur")

EV Spreads
========

* **4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with Adamant**: Jolly Baxcalibur is rare, and even with Adamant you Paldean Tauros-W manages to speed Speed tie it. Tauros Paldean Tauros-W also struggles a tad bit into Dondozo as well without the attack Attack boost from Adamant.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[QC member, 4534534]]

Redo the above and ping me, then I'll double check the commented parts and finalize this for GP 1/1.
Sorry for the wait, changes should all be applied. Clarified the Tera Steel section with the Baxcalibur MU

Tera Fighting CC can indeed OHKO a neutral Baxcalibur

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Last changes for GP 1/1; I noticed several mistakes in implementing the prior check so you may want to reference this for easier implementation:

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Paldean Tauros-W is incredibly strong against Baxcalibur, one of the top Pokemon in the format, Baxcalibur. Thanks to its strong Close Combats and Intimidate, it is capable of threatening threatens a KO after switching into Baxcalibur.

* **Close Combat**: Close Combat is Paldean Tauros-W's most powerful move and is further empowered by Tera Fighting. Even if Baxcalibur Terastallizes out of its Fighting weakness, Tera Fighting Close Combat is capable of defeating OHKOes even a max HP, Fighting-neutral Baxcalibur. It's (apostrophe) also capable of 2HKOing Dondozo, which is commonly paired with Baxcalibur.

* **Raging Bull / Wave Crash**: Intimidate allows Paldean Tauros-W to switch in multiple times with moderate safety. As such, so having a reliable Water-type STAB move with without recoil increases longevity. Managing to counteract Counteracting dual Screens screens naturally is also a much appreciated bonus. However, Wave Crash can be used instead if higher damage output is required.

* **Aqua Jet**: Aqua Jet is useful for taking out chipped opponents foes. Most notably, it gives Paldean Tauros-W an option to pressure Flutter Mane, which is otherwise a strong check into Paldean Tauros-W.

* **Earthquake**: While Close Combat can defeat Baxcalibur, Earthquake tends to be is a safe option that covers for both the Flutter Mane switch and Tera Electric simultaneously. However, cautions is required as Paldean Tauros-W does not take Glaive Rushes with the most leniency well.

Tera Types
========

* **Fighting**: Tera Fighting boosts Close Combat’s damage range and helps Paldean Tauros-W's already strong wallbreaking ability. Dondozo and Avalugg both drop like flies to Tera Fighting Close Combat.

* **Steel**: Tera Steel can be a good option to cover Paldean Tauros-W's weaknesses. Setting aside the incredibly common Flutter Mane, the Dragon resistance can help the Baxcalibur matchup, as a +0 Life Orb Glaive Rush from Baxcalibur is capable of OHKOing Tauros otherwise. Aside from being useful against the incredibly common Flutter Mane, it can help with the Baxcalibur matchup—without it, Paldean Tauros-W is potentially OHKOed by non-Intimidated Life Orb Baxcalibur’s Glaive Rush. (leave the — part, that's for formatting)

EV Spreads
========

* **4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with Adamant**: Jolly Baxcalibur is rare, and even with Adamant Paldean Tauros-W manages to Speed tie it even with Adamant. Tauros Paldean Tauros-W also struggles a bit into Dondozo without the Attack boost from Adamant.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Thick Fat Azumarill, 330577]]

GP Team Done
Shrew_GP.gif

This hasn't been a dead thread as long as my Drifblim, but the difference is the creator is the one gone. What's going on here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)