Warstory Spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my first time submitting an article to The Smog, so I'm not really sure how to start.
Well to be fair, it's not exactly an article. I got this idea while reading Issue #35, in the article about warstories, and how they're becoming less and less prominent in today's metagame. The idea is basically doing a spotlight-like article each issue, about warstories. Selecting the best warstory each month and featuring it in the magazine. At the end, there could be analysis about both players teams, some of the defining plays and how well written the warstory was.
Maybe with articles like this, people will start gaining interest in warstories, and maybe writing some of their own.
I hope you could consider this idea. Thanks in advance

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We generally disallow stuff that has already been written and shown to the public, so yeah, if this would be approved it would certainly need an additional part going over its structure and content. However, warstories ARE already fleshed out and leaves little room to analyse it, so since we've had the history of featuring RMTs instead, I'd rather see us revive that series instead of featuring warstories.

You also seem to be pretty fresh to the forums and competitive battling in general (as you asked for teambuilding help in that introduction thread). Nothing bad by all means, but we do expect our writers to know their stuff if they are to critically judge the work of someone else, so even if this idea would go through, I'd rather see someone else writing it. Anyone else is free to post their thoughts on this, but for me, it's a no. Hope you can come up with a different article idea in the future that's more up your alley, and welcome to Smogon. :)

I actually didn't expect to write the articles myself (because I'm fairly new), it was just an idea that I would like to see in the Smog. I really enjoy reading warstories, and tought it could be an interesting addition to the magazine. Anyway, thanks for your time, and yes, I do plan to come up with different article ideas, when I become mor familiar with the metagame and the community in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)