WARNING! WARNING! AREA HAS BEEN QUARANTINED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAME OVER!

With 4 quick votes, Toothache the loyal servant of the Assassins was felled by the village. Betrayed by his allies, he could not pull out his neuralyzer fast enough as Gmax pulled out his katanas and decapitated him in one slash. With none of the village opposing them, the Assassins took out the last 3 Village people. Looks something like this:

With the 3 remaining assassins (Jimbo, Gmax, Bass) left in the court with blue_light, they all turn to the judge.

“What took so long, I hired you guys to take them out with efficiency and speed, I didn’t think I would have to wait 8 whole days for you guys to finish the job!’ said blue_light.

“Well, for inside job like this and with our main mole down, it took some time, but we’re still getting paid right?” said Jimbo.

“If all you care about is the money, then yes, you will still be paid. However, you should look at this in a different perspective. This whole city is ours, for us to cull and reap.” Said blue_light.

THE END

Congratulations to the Assassins for winning Quarantine Mafia!

Toothache was:
Dear Toothache,
You are Agent J (aka James Darrel Edwards III)

Handpicked by Agent K to be his successor, you have failed to get out of the shadow of your mentor, but you have been working very hard to change this. While you have not filled the shoes of Agent K, you have saved the world many times from assured destruction. You have been sent to Miami along with Agent K to investigate this new strain of Swine Flu. An extract of this Swine Flu has been determined in MIB labs to be of Alien origin and because of this a quarantine has been called by Chief Zed to contain Miami until further investigation. You and Agent K have already dealt with the alien that is helping spread the Swine Flu, but you still must stop the source and neuralyze any and all survivors of the Alien Swine Flu.

To accomplish this mission you have with you, a neuralyzer, which you can use on even nights to neuralyze people. To do this, every even night you may send a pm to blue_light stating "Night X - Neuralyze user". Your target for that night will be neuralyzed and be effectively removed from the game. Unfortunately, since MIB does not normally operate in Miami you do not have many resources at hand. However, every third day, new supplies from MIB headquarters will be snuck into the city. You are also always wearing a pair of shades, which will prevent you from being neuralyzed.

In the event that Agent K dies you will gain any abilities and items that he had in his possession.

The identity of Agent K is matty.

You are allied with the MIB. You win if the MIB win.
Fishy was:
Dear Fishy,
You are Dave Chappelle.

Perhaps one the funniest black comedians of all time, your movies such as "Half Baked" and your skit show "The Chappelle Show" has skyrocketed you into fame. That is of course until you gave up a 55 million dollar contract and decided to forgo a third season of "The Chappelle Show". Hiding from the media and your naysayers, you decided to have your vacation at Miami. What a big mistake that was, instead of relaxing you are stuck in the middle of a city in flames breathing air that would not be breathable with out some serious purification. However, you have decided to help the Village People in their effort to save Miami. When posting in the thread you must say a joke about race, failure to say a joke will cause people to find you unfunny and will result in your expulsion from the Village People.

You can not do much in terms of physical actions, but you do have a (in)famous skit that you can always fall back on. Once in the game during the day or the night you may proclaim in the thread "I'm Rick James Bitch!", if you do that you may send a pm to me stating "Day/Night X - Screw the Rules (Modified Rule)". In your pm under "Modified Rule" you must state 1 rule from rules list and have it modified to suit your needs. That rule will be changed for that day or night that you posted "I'm Rick James Bitch!", the new modified rule will be posted in the thread alerting everyone of its change. Certain rules cannot be modified or can only be modified to a degree, so you should consult me beforehand on what rule you want to change and how you want to change it before activating it.

<snip>

You are allied with the Village People. You win if the Village People win and you have modified the rules at least once.
ArcticBlast was:
Dear Arcticblast,
You are Ando Masahashi.

Once the perverted sidekick/friend of Hiro Nakamura, you have decided to forge your own destiny without Hiro in America. Unfortunately you do not have any abilities yet, but you do know that you are compatible with the formula that gives normal people extraordinary abilities. Working initially as a janitor at a Miami public school, you have decided to help the Village People after the Swine Flu infected and killed 93% of the population (it's almost like the Shanti Virus).

<snip>

You are allied with the Village People. You win if the Village people win.
CyzirVisheen/Stoo was:
Dear CyzirVisheen,
You are James "Sawyer" Ford.

An opportunist, you are a conniving and sarcastic individual that is affixed with the idea that the world is based on the Survival of the Fittest. However, you are not a bad person at heart. At times you have done what is right, but it does not make you any less selfish. After leaving the Island, you came to Miami to start a new life away from the Jacks, Kates, Hurleys, and Lockes of the world, but of course you have stumbled from one hornet's nest to the next. You have, however, decided to help the Village People if only for the safety in numbers.

Possessions are a man's best friend, at least that is what you think. Whenever a person dies you will always be the first person at the scene grabbing any goodies that person may have. However, you are greedy so you do not give away your items willingly (at first). If you ever want to give an item it will take a complete day/night cycle for that person to get the item, while that day/night cycle is going on the item will still be in your possession.

<snip>

You are allied with the Village People. You win if the Village People win.
Gmax was:
Dear Gmax,
You are Deadpool (aka Wade Winston Wilson)

Insane, crazy, psychotic, and insane (Yes I said it twice) those are the words that describe you. Assassin or mercenary, whatever gets food on the table, you do what gets the job done. A byproduct of the Weapon X program, you have an enhanced version of the regenerative abilities of Wolverine and a large variety of high-tech equipment to make up for your lack of adamantium claws. Of course you also have cancer which your regenerative powers is currently suppressing, this combination of cancer and regeneration has caused your mind to go haywire. They really fucked you up in the movie Wolverine:Origins, so now you are back with a vengeance. You came to Miami at the request of Bill, your job is to assist him in taking over the streets of Miami by killing every last hint of opposition. The arrival of the Swine Flu has not changed your goal, while you may be infected by the Swine Flu it cannot actually deter you in anyway. As the "merc with a mouth" every time you post in the thread you must make a wisecrack or taunt directed at the above poster (I do not count). Failure to post a taunt/wisecrack in the thread will result in you becoming even more insane and incapable of doing your duties as an assassin.

In your possession is a teleporting device which will allow you to go places where normal people cannot. This device is stuck to your body so it cannot be stolen and will be put to good use for the good of the Assassins. Every night you may send a pm to blue_light stating "Night X - Teleport User 1 towards User 2". During the night if User 1 is about to use an ability you will quickly teleport near User 1, grab him/her and teleport User 1 towards User 2 which will cause User 1 to hit User 2 with his/her ability. Anybody you target during the night cannot be targeted the next night, whether they were User1 or User2.

<snip>

You also have the ability to break the 4th wall and survive with your head severed (Dead Talking rules do not apply to you), which means you can talk with people that are dead and talk to people that are living when you are dead in the game, without fear of violating the dead talking rules. People that are dead will be notified that you can talk with them without violating Dead Talking rules.

On Odd Nights you may send a vote to elect one member of the Assassins to kill a target. To send a vote you may send a pm to blue_light stating "Night X - Sending User to kill User". The chosen killer can choose how to kill their target, as long as it is possible for their character to perform such an action (eg HK-47 cannot telekinetically tear a human apart with his mind).

The other members of the Assassins are:
Bill, Jimbo
HK-47, Bass
Mystique, Macle

You are allied with the Assassins. You win if the Assassins win.
Jimbo was:
Dear Jimbo,
You are Bill (aka Snake Charmer)

You were the leader of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, well you still are, but all your "Snakes" are dead. You are a ruthless assassin who has had many mentors including Hattori Hanzo and Pai Mei. Due to your training you are a master swordsman and martial artist. You have come to Miami to start a new Assassination squad, but this time without the silly nicknames and with much better assassins. You are the leader of the Assassins and you have the wealth, power, and skills to back it up. The city of Miami will soon be yours, as soon as you take out the silly resistance called the Village People. The Swine Flu is a curse and blessing perhaps at the same time. With the quarantine in place the authorities have no reinforcements and therefore do not really have any jurisdiction in Miami, your victory will be swift as long as you do not contract the Swine Flu. Whenever you post in the thread, you must post with a lisp because that is how you talk in the movie. Failure to comply with this posting restriction will result in violation of canon and cause you to die a horrible death.

As a trained assassin you are no stranger to stealth and sneaking around. While you are an accomplished killer you will be using your infiltration skills to steal things instead of killing things (though you can choose to kill people if you want). Every night you may send a pm to blue_light stating "Night X - Steal from User". That night you will use your ninja stealth skills to sneak into that person's base of operations and steal all items they may possess.

You also have the ability to call on a hit. One time only, you may send a pm during the night to blue_light stating "Day X - Initiate Two Pines Massacre". As soon as your pm is sent that day will end and the player with the majority of the votes will be lynched. For best results, I should be consulted of when you will send the pm to make its usage more streamlined.

From your informants and spies you have received a Hattori Hanzo sword, acquired from Beatrix Kiddo, while you hold the sword none of your actions may ever be redirected, martyred, or hooked, nor can you be kidnapped.

On Odd Nights you may send a vote to elect one member of the Assassins to kill a target. To send a vote you may send a pm to blue_light stating "Night X - Sending User to kill User". The chosen killer can choose how to kill their target, as long as it is possible for their character to perform such an action (eg HK-47 cannot telekinetically tear a human apart with his mind).

HK-47, Bass
Deadpool, Gmax
Mystique, Macle

You are allied with the Assassins. You win if the Assassins win and you initiate the Two Pines Massacre.
Bass was:
Dear Bass,
You are HK-47.

Meatbags, you are surrounded by them everywhere, you could almost smell their foul stench if you had chemical receptors (good thing you do not). You are HK-47 the most bad ass assassin droid of all time. Created by Darth Revan as a means to destroy his political opponents during the Mandalorian Wars and Jedi Civil War, you have killed many great warriors and even Jedi (Did I mention you are fucking awesome?). You arrived on this planet called Earth when your body was encased in an asteroid that crashed into the planet. Most of your chassis and parts have been recovered, but you are still severely damaged. You were dug up by Bill and recreated with human technology. Unfortunately, even the best that mankind has to offer is not much, as most of your assassination protocols are still disabled, but you will do what you need to survive. For now you will assist Bill and the Assassins in taking over Miami (and after a few years of service under Bill perhaps you will kill him yourself). Due to the quarantine none of the meatbags will be able to escape your wrath. Beware of the Swine Flu, as it is able to infect machines (Who knows why?).

You have with you an unlimited batch of Flash Mines, created from a machine on your right wrist, which you can use as an offensive weapon or a defensive weapon. Every night you can send a pm to blue_light stating "Night X - Plant Mines Around User". During the night your target will be protected from any kind of night ability but only once (if your target were to be targeted twice, only the ability with the higher priority would be stopped). The Flash Mines has the highest priority in the game.

From your meteorite an assassin droid sniper rifle was also found in your possession, but the only workable part is the Scope. As long as you possess the Scope you may send a pm to blue_light stating "Night X - Scope Out User" that night you will watch your target and be able to find out his/her role name by the end of the night.

Bill, Jimbo
Deadpool, Gmax
Mystique, Macle

You are allied with the Assassins. You win if the Assassins win.
Postgame and possibly awards soon!

PS: The pics for Bill and Agent J aren't working sorry.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This was such a dramatic ending!

Thanks to blue light for being an awesome host and to my team for being cool ;D

by the way it was awesome having basically all the items at the end. I should sell em on ebay

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I have to say, we couldn't have won this without the leadership of Gmax. Both of us made attempts to mole, and while I managed to survive on my Steve Urkel claim for quite a while, LonelyNess found out about me eventually because the numbers towards the end of the game weren't adding up. On the other hand, Gmax wasn't caught until the very end with solely a dead-talker claim. Because of this, we always had up to date information on the plans of the Village People, and we managed to arrive at the end of the game one step ahead of everyone else.

Still, I was pretty proud of the fact that I managed to use my fake alliance checking claim to get Fishin lynched. In actuallity, we were well aware that Fishin was probably a mole on behalf of the Black Sheep, my Scope confirmed this when it showed me that he was Zaraki Kenpachi instead of Ichigo Kurosaki. Good game, meatbags!

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Quite an unsurprising end, to be honest. I figured out a lot of things, but apparently everyone already knew my role by the time I replaced Stoo, so I figured I couldn't make much of an impact. Oh well, ggs all around and all that.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We dominated with the great leadership of gmacks even though our plan of me kidnapping someone that didn't claim and then taking his role didn't work out well.

muhahahaha

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is the textbook case of me having all the information I needed to win but not having the means to do it. I had pretty much all mafia pegged by Night 4 (with the exception of gmax) but by then it was too late. People (myself included) were too trusting of Fishin so he got pretty much a full spreadsheet with role PMs included... and because of that all of the the good village roles were slowly picked apart one by one. By the end I was working with nothing but two villagers, a rogue, and the blackmailing papers that cyzir got when veedrock died.

Props to Fishin for his fantastic moling job pretty much singlehandidly ruined any chance of the village winning.

Props to gmax for being a backseat in the village planning but subtley nudging me in the direction to get rid of the black sheep for yourself. I had planned on maintaining a balance between the number of mafias remaining but you had Toothache on your side as well which pretty much put the kabash on that little plan as well.

Either way good game, I tried to work with what I had in the village but it just wasn't in the cards.

(Also fuck you blue_light putting my sword in the hands of a mafia I never even got to fucking use it the whole time MOTHER FUCKER)

I also wanted to thank blue_light for a fantastic job hosting, this mafia went along at a blistering pace, even with 26 people in it.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good game guys! Thanks to blue_light for being an awesome host, I enjoyed this mafia.

The updates were punctual, and we finished up the game nice and quick, despite having a decent number of nights and days. blue_light was a great host, being available often, and ready to talk about the game.

My team was an awesome bunch, and I'd like to give them the credit that they deserve for winning this game! Good job Jimbo, Bass, noob Macle, we did it!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Goddamn, this is why I love and hate mafia. Being able to mole into games and trick people into giving you their entire team's items (<3 Jimbo) had to have been a wonderful time, along with telling gun holders where their bullets were (Gmax </3) ;D hahaha, god damn. I suppose I am just too trusting and naive myself to the point where I can only hinder the village.

But, as this was only my second forum mafia game, I feel confident that I can learn from it and become a better play for myself, and a better asset to my future teams.

Excellent job blue_light, all the roles were extravagant and a lot of fun. Being Dave Chapelle was particulary funny, as he is basically my polar opposite. Ahahah. But, yeah! Awesome job, gg everyone.

LN: Sorry we lost. We'll win as mafia next time. :)

This game was really enjoyable. I'd pretty much figured out who was Assassin/MIB right after hobo joe/Phantasia died (he was actually on my list of likely Assassins since there was a pretty big error in his role PM and I got targeted for a kill the one night I martyred him, which was why I killed him), with the minor caveat that I thought LN had a small chance of being mafia, and was set to control the lynch pretty soon with the Blackmail papers and Lady Platina's silencing ability. Then, the Assassins, Village People, AND MiB started targetting us all at once, which of course pretty much nullified our chances of winning.

I guess the biggest problem we had as a team was that most of our members stuck out as obvious mafia, and thus were easily targetable. Lady Platina hardly even tried by completely randomly kidnapping Gmax even after I repeatedly told him not to, AZ had a bad claim and got pretty much revealed after Lady Platina had to save him, Veedrock got screwed over since his Fake PM's ability was held by someone else in the game (in retrospect I probably shouldn't have told Gmax that Veedrock was the one claiming the same ability as him but oh well), and Thorns's PM was passable but he constantly forgot about the fake posting restriction.

Compare that to the Assassins, who had 3 of their 4 members disguised with pretty believable claims (I loved the fake Bass made), and it became pretty obvious who would get targeted. Toothache effectively being a tool of the Assassins didn't help.

Also, the Village People were a bit too free with giving information out to the Assassins. It's kind of funny when a mafia does a better job at keeping out moles than a villager.

Anyways, a well deserved congrats to the winners. With the exception of Macle their claims were ready quickly and believable, and having most of their members trusted by the village helped a lot in the end. And thanks to blue_light for doing a good job hosting as well, the game itself was a lot of fun and really well designed.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Because Fishin mentioned it, I guess I might as well post the Urkel claim that I wrote up in a pinch, and stuck with.

The main mistake I made was forgetting to include a reference to Miami / The Swine Flu which virtually all of the legitimate role PMs have. Though this didn't seem to matter until late game when by then most of the role PMs were revealed.
blue_light said:
Dear Bass,
You are Steve Urkel.

"Did I do that?" You are the one and only Steve Urkel, the famous character from the sitcom "Family Matters" that set stereotypes for nerds everywhere. Despite being unpopular, you are very proud of your image, and you are always willing to help anyone with a kind and open mind. In particular, your wish has been to gain the love of Laura Winslow, despite the fact that she continuously rejects your advances. Nevertheless, your determination to gain the respect of others has never waivered. You have realized that helping the Village People in their quest of survival may help you be able to impress Laura.

Because of your large brain, your memory recall is nearly flawless. In fact, you are able to recall an experience with anyone that is allied with the Village People. Every night, you may send a pm to blue_light stating "Night X - Attempting to Remember User". By the next day, you will know whether you have any memory of that user or not.

However, at the moment, you are still just plain old Steve Urkel to everyone else. In particular, you have gained a notorious reputation for being a klutz, and so, the Village People refuse to take you seriously, despite your great talents. As a result, your daily lynch vote will count as negative. You should be intelligent enough to determine a way to use this to your advantage.

Still, being Steve Urkel may not be satisfying enough to you. Through your experiments, you have found a way to transform into your other, more handsome self at will. Every night, you may send a pm to blue_light stating "Night X - Transforming". You may not use this ability at the same time as your other one. When the next day starts, you will be known as Stephan Urquelle. While you are Stephan, everyone will be awed by your good looks, and so your daily lynch vote will count double. If you wish to become Steve Urkel again, you may simply use your transformation ability on the following night.

You are allowed to transform as many times as necessary. Keep in mind that if you are ever inspected by another player, they will identify you as whichever form you are in and whatever abilities you have while in that form. They will not know about your transformation ability.

You are allied with the Village People. You win if the Village People win.

Yeah, it would be so easy to blame me and Fishin's teammates, but honest to god we had that village cracked.

Gmax and the assassins, good job. Thanks blue for hosting a good game too! eagerly awaiting postgame

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
How did you do the coin toss?

I guess thinking about it you could have not told me what you had done if you hadnt got the result you wanted.. Ah well, you have to trust someone..

Have a nice day.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, either that or I was planning on just tossing again until i got heads. I'm lucky I got the right result the first time round, otherwise I would probably have tossed again or something. I didn't count on you coming to the channel and asking someone to PM you the last 10 lines. If I'd gotten the wrong result, first time, then that would have been a mess :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)