SV OU Walking Wake Team That Has No Sun (FT. Pincurchin + Iron Leaves)

I have been on and off with OU in Gen 8, and I have decided to get back into it with Gen 9. Now with the Release of two New Paradoxes, I made this team around both of them and would like some feedback on it.

:zoroark-hisui:
My Wrist (Zoroark-Hisui) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Bitter Malice
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Voice

This is meant to be a Spin-blocker and surpise factor to catch others off guard. It has focus sash to set up nasty plot, two STABs with Bitter Malice and Hyper Voice, and Dark Pulse. Usually it will be used disguised as a Pokémon that would heavily be weak to the opponent's team.

:Walking Wake:
Go Wake, Go Brake (Walking Wake) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Hurricane

This is you standard Specs Walking Wake set. It has Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor so that it's special attack doesn't drop. It has Hurricane and Flamethrower for coverage. It's EVs give it a Speed Boost in sun instead of Special attack (in the event it can use the opponent's weather to it's advantage).

:Iron Leaves:
Better Paradox (Iron Leaves) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psyblade
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

Just like Walking Wake, this Spread is meant to get a Quark Drive Speed Boost. Unlike Wake, this runs Booster Energy in case Electric Terrain isn't set up yet. As for the moveset, it is the standard Swords Dance set with Psyblade and Leaf Blade for STAB and Sacred Sword to deal with some Dark Types.

:Pincurchin:
Rise in Usage (Pincurchin) @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Discharge
- Recover

Now THIS is the more odd teammate on the team. It is just there to set up Electric Terrain to not waste Iron Valiant's or Leaves' booster energy. This sets up Dual Spikes with Discharge for Paralysis chance and Recover to heal to last longer and be able to set up electric terrain more times.

:Great Tusk:
USA Logo (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat

This is the Rapid Spin User and Stealth Rocks Setter. It has the usual Dual STAB that drops defense in Close Combat and Headlong Rush. It has max Special Defense EVs due to it's low base Special Defense. Other than that it's meant to the a generic Great Tusk.

And last but not least...

:Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

To be entirely honest, I just got the set from a sample team. It uses either Booster Energy or Electric Terrain to activate Quark Drive, and uses Boosted Thunderbolts. It has Moonblast and Close Combat for STABs with Psyshock as another move it could use.

Pokepaste of the Team: https://pokepast.es/ddeb28171c0953a6

I know you said you are new, so I wanted to preface by saying that electric terrain teams, h-zoroark, and iron leaves aren't that good... However! I will help out where I can with what you do have :)

H-Z. You have bitter malice so you don't need dark pulse. Hyper voice is nice for stab and to get around subs, sure. But you need more coverage. Check out flamethrower, that just might be the move you need.

Specs wake is good, but if you're not running a sun team, you may have better luck with a scarf simply so you don't get outsped and stomped on.

You don't have a physical defensive mon on your team and might find it better to switch tusk to that since pincushion covers the spdef side.

And if you're running a special valiant, you may find it easier to win if you use aura sphere/ calm mind and a different nature (timid/ modest).

LOL I think I fought against you on ladder at some point
I probably lost. I play this game mostly when I am at work and that does not allow me to focus on the matches I play so I don't know what is going on half the time. On top of that I am usually using a random/ fun team I created because since I cant focus I don't want to use any main teams. blah blah blah blah.

I probably lost. I play this game mostly when I am at work and that does not allow me to focus on the matches I play so I don't know what is going on half the time. On top of that I am usually using a random/ fun team I created because since I cant focus I don't want to use any main teams. blah blah blah blah.
Sorry for the misunderstanding - I meant OP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)