x0.50:

x1.00:

x2.00:

x4.00:

--------
Stats
--------
Base Stat Total: 580
Base Stats: hp 91 | attack 90 | defense 72 | special attack 90 | special defense 129 | speed 108

-------------
Abilities
-------------
Justified: Justified will raise the user's Attack stat one level when hit by any Dark-type moves. Unlike other abilities with immunity to certain typed moves, the user will still receive damage from the attack. Justified will raise Attack one level for each hit of a multi-hit move like Beat Up. (bulbapedia)

Learnable TMs:

TM04 - Calm Mind, TM05 - Roar, TM06 - Toxic, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM11 - Sunny Day, TM12 - Taunt, TM15 - Hyper Beam, TM16 - Light Screen, TM17 - Protect, TM20 - Safeguard, TM21 - Frustration, TM22 - Solar Beam, TM27 - Return, TM32 - Double Team, TM33 - Reflect, TM40 - Aerial Ace, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM48 - Round, TM52 - Focus Blast, TM53 - Energy Ball, TM54 - False Swipe, TM67 - Retaliation, TM68 - Giga Impact, TM70 - Flash, TM71 - Stone Edge, TM75 - Swords Dance, TM77 - Psych Up, TM81 - X-Scissor, TM83 - Work Up, TM86 - Grass Knot, TM87 - Swagger, TM90 - Substitute, TM94 - Rock Smash, HM01 - Cut, HM04 - Strength

Level-up Moves:

Lv1: Quick Attack, Lv1: Leer, Lv7: Double Kick, Lv13: Magical Leaf, Lv19: Take Down, Lv25: Helping Hand, Lv31: Retaliate, Lv37: Giga Drain, Lv42: Sacred Sword, Lv49: Swords Dance, Lv55: Quick Guard, Lv61: Work Up, Lv67: Leaf Blade, Lv73: Close Combat

Sets

single

Moody Counter

Virizion @life orb/lum berry
]Jolly 4 hp 252 attack 252 speed

swords dance
sacred sword
leaf blade
stone edge/rock slide

This set allows virizion to counter all moody pokemon. since all the release pokemon take super effective damage from sacred sowrd (other than octillery) and he resists the common water type attacks from octillery and bidoof, he can kill them easily. sacred sword is the crux of the set since it ignores defense boosts and evasion boosts, making moddy useless.

Rain Counter

@leftovers/lum berry
timid 4 hp 252 special attack 252 speed

calm mind
hp ice
giga drain
focus blast

This set allows virizion to counter the omnipresent rain on GBU and the swift swim pokes. (walls kabutops's stabs and walls ludicolo forever). he can be a pain to take down with another spread. 252 hp 4 special attack 252 speed.

Doubles

quick guarder

virizion @leftovers/ lum berry
252 hp 4 attack 252 speed

quick guard
protect
leaf blade/rock slide
sacred sword/close combat

his resistances to surf and rock slide, and earthquake makes it a good doubles pokemon. he can use quick guard to protect its team mates from surf and other attacks and attack with its moves.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
No, it's not. Virizion has a mere resistance to Dark-type attacks, but its ability Justified boosts its Attack after being hit by a Dark-type attack. It's not an immunity.

EDIT: ninjas everywhere

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was able to stop the pain in my eyes for long enough to read it, and to be honest, the "moody counter" set is almost useless, because it doesn't beat the ability's abusers. They can continue to stall with Substitute and Protect until they get powerful/fast enough or have enough evasion boosts to beat Virizion anyways; Moody Pokemon don't rely upon defense boosts to sweep.

The Calm Mind set is very usable, and provides an excellent check to not only rain, as you posted, but also sand teams without one of its checks, resisting most of their attacks and restoring health with Giga Drain, or just OHKOing them.

Quick Guard actually isn't a very useful move, as it's only really usable turn 1 to stop Fake Out, and only if you predict correctly. In addition, 252 HP doesn't help Virizion to survive many significant attacks, and it does very little damage without Attack investment, so the optimal spread for the doubles set would be 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe. Since Quick Guard isn't really useful, Stone Edge or even Helping Hand makes an excellent replacement, KOing Flying-types or helping Virizion's partner.

I was able to stop the pain in my eyes for long enough to read it, and to be honest, the "moody counter" set is almost useless, because it doesn't beat the ability's abusers. They can continue to stall with Substitute and Protect until they get powerful/fast enough or have enough evasion boosts to beat Virizion anyways; Moody Pokemon don't rely upon defense boosts to sweep.
He said Sacred Sword ignores Evasion boosts. Which I didn't think it did, if it did that'd be awesome. But I don't think it does.

A Moody "counter" is a pretty shaky idea in the first place. I think it would involve Magical Leaf.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh my god

locking this until i can fix it.

im pretty sure im banning the use of color and size tags after this rofl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)