VGC VGC doubles team

looking for constructive critisism on this team, i currently have a doubles team utilising a sand core but not too happy with it and i'm looking to switch, any feedback on movesets/pokemon changes i can make.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- flare Blitz
- Icicle Crash
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

this is one of my main leads paired up with my whimsicott, Gorilla tactics is the go to ability for those fast OHKO's, Flare Blitz is there to counter all the excadrills running around that like to hit the dynamax button, icicle crash for ice coverage and the 30% flinch chance and rock slide there as a dual hitter for big damage. u-turn for utility if the opponents lead isn't good for darmatian.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Whimsicott is my right hand mon setting up those tailwinds give me speed control. moonblast/energy ball for type coverage, tailwind to allow my sweeping pokemon to outspeed and get the first hit potentially landing an OHKO or the chance to get off a dmax move and buff itself and the whimsicott, and protect speaks for itself.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

i went for a special dragapult over the physical since it gets access to draco meteor (one of the best moves in the game), shadow ball for type coverage vs ghost which threaten dragapult or psychic type pokemon like hatterene that can lay down big damage if not kept under check, and u-turn is there for utility allowing dragapult to do chip damage and get out of a dangerous situation. Finally infiltrator is there for the pesky grimmsnarls that like to setup dual screens which would reduce dragapults overall damage

Gyarados @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- protect

this is my main dynamax target, intimidate is there for utility incase i start gyarados in the back but his ability is also good as a lead depending on whether the opponent has mostly physical pokemon. Power whip for checks vs gastrodon and rotom-w which both can easily wall gyarados while limiting the moves it can utilise, waterfall for STAB and type coverage vs earth and fire threats, bounce for that Max airstream after you click the dynamax button and protect speaks for itself.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 188 Def / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

Grimmsnarl is my main utility pokemon, its typing makes it immune to psychic and any opposing prankster pokemon that like to run taunt which could cause major problems for this pokemon.
Prankster as the ability allowing it to move first giving priority to any status effect moves which this pokemon is running 3, reflect/light screen to help buff the defenses of both my pokemon allowing it to survive super effective hits from opposing pokemon and thunder wave for speed control enabling dragapult to win a potential speed tie or pokemon to be slower under their own tailwind.

Raichu @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Brick Break
- Nuzzle
- Protect

raichu is meant to be the main lead with gyarados providing lightning immunity with its ability lightning rod, fake out for priority and flinch vs dracovish/dracovolt to stop their trump move and to break sashes on opposing pokemon, brick break for utility destroying screens which can stop my sweepers from dealing any heavy damage, nuzzle for utility providing small chip damage and paralyzing the opponents pokemon giving mine the advantage and protect speaks for itself.

potential leads are as follows

vs rain: whimsicott/gyarados: this matchup allows gyarados a chance to outspeed ludicolo and OHKO with max airstream once whimsicott uses tailwind and boosting my teams speed,

vs sand: gyarados/grimsnarl: here you would setup the reflect while gyarados dynamaxes and hits off a max geyser potentially dropping excadrill to ko range and shutting down sandstorm reducing the opponents special defense, reflect allows gyarados to survive max rockfall with ease only calculated at 20% damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)