VGC 2024 Regulation F Metagame Discussion

Predictions I have for Vancouver:

-priospam could pick up a bit in usage due to farig falling off
-iron boulder actually looks sort of promising due to its great matchup into a lot of things
-registeel looks promising as well considering bulky mons are picking up in usage
-weather will become increasingly more common as people counter snow
-don’t really know what else to say

Hey! As Reg F. is coming to a close, I thought it could be a fun idea for people to share their favorite teams or moments from this regulation. I'll start.
I took a break for this regulation, so I really only played early on. I was a bit too lazy to make a new team, and I wanted to start laddering, so I just used one of my favorite teams from Reg. E. The paste for the team is below. I think it was a good call for earlier in the meta, and I was able to get really high on bo1 ladder with it, so the team holds fond memories for me. Would be cool to see all of your favorite teams and moments from this diverse and fun regulation.
:dragonite: :chien-pao: :farigiraf: :heatran: :rillaboom: :urshifu:

Hey! As Reg F. is coming to a close, I thought it could be a fun idea for people to share their favorite teams or moments from this regulation. I'll start.
I took a break for this regulation, so I really only played early on. I was a bit too lazy to make a new team, and I wanted to start laddering, so I just used one of my favorite teams from Reg. E. The paste for the team is below. I think it was a good call for earlier in the meta, and I was able to get really high on bo1 ladder with it, so the team holds fond memories for me. Would be cool to see all of your favorite teams and moments from this diverse and fun regulation.
https://pokepast.es/0bdc913e6ae4f9f6
This has to be one of my favorite teams I've ever made in this generation (yet!). It looks goofy, I know, but the synergy this team has is really good. The team Is built around the core of Gouging Fire, Corviknight, and Ting-Lu.

(and yes, I'm going to type an essay about my team)

:gouging fire: Gouging Fire is the mascot and is one of the best mons on the team. Fire/Dragon is already good typing, and Burning Bulwark fits well with good HP and Defense stats. Teammates like Ting-Lu and Ogerpon benefit from Howl, and the GFW core it forms with Urshifu-R and Ogerpon.

:ting-lu: Ting-Lu is the defensive backbone of the team. I feel like it's the only mon that can 1v1 Landorus and, to an extent Flutter Mane. It really benefits and blends well with Gouging Fire, being neutral to weaknesses and benefitting from Howl.

:corviknight: I wasn't sure what to run on Corviknight, but Safety Goggles + IDBP feels like the best to me IMO. With Safety Goggles, It's a reliable counter to Amoonguss (what's it gonna do, SPORE ME?!), and its typing compliments Ting-Lu's.

:porygon2: Although the team doesn't need TR and isn't reliant on it, Since most of the team is slow, it's nice to have as an option to Tailwind teams or teams that are really fast and focus on bombarding the opponent with attacks. Porygon2's bulk with Vessel of Ruin, and access to Recover make it really hard to remove.

:urshifu-rapid-strike: and :ogerpon: I don't have much to say about these two, they add some much needed offense to the team, so I won't rely on Howl too much.

My favorite team is easily my Gyarados Balance team I used through the start of reg f, it had a core Of Gyarados Gouging Fire and Amoongus

https://pokepast.es/4ef626e6d30c6b1f
Easily my favorite team to use. Orthworm is so much fun.
https://pokepast.es/6da4f38626a41772
This team was probably my best, as well as one of my favorites.
https://pokepast.es/af0e8a01d5fe77b7
Another fun team, but with rotom.
https://pokepast.es/ee48456295e20d1b
2-2-2 Dozo never fails to make me happy (when I'm using it)

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:Incineroar: :Farigiraf: :Alcremie: :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon::Tatsugiri-Stretchy::Dondozo:
https://pokepast.es/11cf93c75db375fd

An actually decent Alcremie team. Since Decorate bypass Protect (and Alcremie is hard to OHKO), choosing what to target against Alcremie + Dondozo is quite hard. Aim Alcreamie to avoid the +2/+2 but risking a Tatsu switchin, or aim Dondozo and risk to face a +4/+2/+4/+2/+2 behemoth on the next turn?
Stretchy to gain Speed as Attack is less interesting after Decorate (and Oblivious protects from Intimidate)
Farigiraf also benefits from Decorate, making it a decent attacker in Trick Room.
The spreads are kinda old so could be optimized, but the important part is Alcremie being faster than everything except Incineroar (you want to Parting Shot first) and obviously Tatsugiri. But slower than them all after Trick Room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)