Gen 3 Venturing inot the world of UU... [RMT]

Venturing into the world of UU... [RMT]

So I decided to try UU the other day, and I must say it's quite refreshing after the monotony of OU battling. What do you guys think?

Anyway, I understand that speed is a big issue in UU compared to OU, so I'd appreciate it if you guys gave suggested speed stats and told me what they're to beat.

Manectric (F) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Static
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Spd / 244 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Outruns most stuff, can check sets with sub, can clean late game, etc. Crunch over Twave for Hypno? But even then I'm not sure it would do that much damage...

Solrock @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 148 HP / 224 Atk / 136 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Ball

Much more durable than Fearow, better movepool, supports Gligar, etc. More/less HP/Def?

Vileplume (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 20 SAtk / 120 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

lol 4 grass moves. Sleep and AT support work well enough, I suppose.

Omastar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 116 HP / 60 Def / 208 Spd / 124 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

uh.

Gligar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 132 HP / 248 Atk / 108 Def / 20 Spd
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

With rocks and oma, I can be more lax on the defensive end. QA over RS? More speed?

Hypno (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 20 Spd / 100 SDef
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

Protect over Reflect b/c I never used it even once lol. Also good for predicting CBers.

Any other glaring weaks now? Any more helpful comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

So I decided to try UU the other day, and I must say it's quite refreshing after the monotony of OU battling. This is my first team, and I've been tweaking it a bit. What do you guys think?

Anyway, I understand that speed is a big issue in UU compared to OU, so I'd appreciate it if you guys gave suggested speed stats and told me what they're to beat.

Fearow (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quick Attack
- Return

Fine but I would recommend HP Fighting over HP Ground, to at least do some damage to Solrock/Lunatone, HP Ground doesn't cover anything more than Return/HP Fighting IIRC.

Electabuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 Spd / 164 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

I can't see why you have HP Ghost, except for Grumpig perhaps which in either case, maybe you would find HP Grass more useful for Lanturn or even Sub+Focus punch

Misdreavus (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Spd / 100 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Do you really need Para support with Hypno? I would say use Sub to protect yourself from random toxics from pokemon who can't touch you otherwise like Hypno. As for EVs, they look good, but maybe more in HP?

Gligar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 108 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Sleep Talk

I would say Rock Slide is more useful than HP Bird, unless you are terrified of grassers. RS gives better coverage. Fine, if you prefer durability.

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 160 Def / 8 Spd
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Ice Beam

I would say Relaxed as this is your sole Rock resist, you may need some extra protection. Surf is down to your preference of type coverage

Hypno (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 20 Spd / 100 SDef
- Reflect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

OK, but maybe consider counter?

I used to have HB Granbull over MisD for support, and I'm thinking about Omastar over Quagsire to take Normal/Flying (though Glig does well). Any glaring weaks? Any helpful comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

PS: Is Haunter UU? (kadabra is BL iirc) I wanna use Gengar jr.
Omastar or Kabutops would give you some extra resistance for norm/flying as you mentioned. You are rather vulnerable to Misdreavus and Fearow.

You have trouble taking a Granbull/Kanga at the moment, with the strong normal move being able to hit most of your team very hard.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Spanks is right, with your only 'normal resist' being the ever-weak Misdreavus the likes of Granbull, Kanga and even Fearow will hit you hard.
Omastar is a good choice since it can take Normal hits with its large defence, then set up a Rain Dance and possibly sweep. In tandem with Gligar the fighting/ground weak should not be a problem.

Haunter is generally considered BL in the same way that Kadabra is.

You've chosen an odd Gligar set, the standard being HPFly/EQ/RS/SD.

HP Ghost on Buzz is not a bad idea considering you are using a mixed set. If you are having luck with it, stay with it.

Thx guys. Edited team with some changes. I'm currently thinking about Altaria over MisD to help take status. (dual twavers rocks in UU though, and the switch to a HBer lets Fearow in)

I currently don't have a rock resist, but gligar does well enough, and RS isn't that prevalent in UU according to my experiences.

Subpunch buzz sucks in UU b/c it's walled by Hypno (especially reflect ones)btw, SBC.

monkfish

you need hpgrass on omastar to deal with other water types. hydro pump and a lum berry is sufficient to deal with hypno, just max out SpA.

I prefer banette to misdreavus anyway, imprison/shadowball/hpfight/twave is just excellent and really screws over most Normals (granbull in particular since it is slower)

Crosschop Buzz is only really useful for ou, as the only special wall it hits is the rare Clefable. You might want Substute/TW over it.

I don't want to max Omastar's special atk, since I want it to be as bulky as possible, while still dealing some decent damage.

My main reason for picking MisD over Banette is the EQ resist, so I can switch in easier on a CBer and get a free Twave.

Buzz has been sucking lately, though. I rarely use CC, and HP ghost (mainly for hypno and friends) has been doing like 35% w/ no reflect, wtf.

Should I just ditch him for Subpetaya Manectric/Pika?

Since you don't have any status-healing moves and Gligar as the only status taker is not quite enough as almost every UU bulky water carries Toxic. You don't even have any Poison types to take Toxic and only Gligar to take T-wavess. Basically, any kind of UU stall team will beat this as Fearow is one of the most predictable CBers in UU, Electabuzz gets walled by Hypno anytime, so does Omastar if the Hypno has Protect.

Also, a Granbull with SB/EQ/Return/filler hurts. Combined with two walls (Hypno and Golem, for example), you don't exactly stand a chance.

I'd replace Fearow with a Rest Kanga who generally hurts stuff more and can take status for you as well. Fearow is just too predictable.

monkfish

Hp Ghost's Power: 70
If Super Effective: 140

Tbolt's Power: 95
Stabbed: 142,5

Tbolt > Hp Ghost...
You're not taking into account the superior SpDef of the pokemon that wall Electabuzz. If you were quoting HP[Dark] it would be a different story, but the point is that buzz should in theory be able to use a physical attack to ward off those that would usually wall it.

K, made some major changes, but I decided to not be a (BAN ME PLEASE) and still continue with this topic.

suggestions/comments?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)