- Mud-Slap
- Detect
- Wish
- Yawn
- Tickle

Pros:
- Good bulk
- High base HP allows it to pass fairly large Wishes to teammates
- Finally received Calm Mind, and it has the stats to pull it off.
- Hydration allows it to act as a bulky attacker on Rain teams
- Defensive sets can check some rather potent attackers, such as Palafin-Hero

Cons:
- Lacks truly reliable recovery (No, Hydration + Rest doesn't really count.)
- Shallow offensive movepool.
- Lost some useful support moves. Scald, Toxic, Heal Bell and Flip Turn will be sorely missed.
- Wishes it could run both of its abilities at the same time

Terastalizing Potential:
-
: Tera-STAB can help more offensive sets achieve KOs that they otherwise couldn't get, especially if Rain is up.
-
: Hits Toxapex and Dondozo super-effectively. You also keep your Steel resistance, which is... something, I guess.
-
: Removes some of the guesswork in switching into Water-types -- you're immune to both their STAB and the inevitable Fighting coverage.

Potential Sets:
Defensive
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Tera Type: Ghost
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf / Chilling Water
- Haze / Ice Beam / Tera Blast

Bulky Calm Mind
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb / Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Tera Type: Water / Electric
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Calm Mind

"We have Manaphy at home" (Calm Mind + 2 Attacks)
Vaporeon @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 232 Def / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Tera Type: Water / Electric
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Surf
- Tera Blast / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball

Choice Specs
Vaporeon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb / Hydration
EVs: 232 Def / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Tera Type: Electric / Water
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tera Blast / Surf
- Shadow Ball / Wish

Last edited:
Love Eeveelutions, but unless there is something Dracovish level broken in the meta (the dolphin maybe?), the only set I see working is: CM, Acid Armor, Surf and Rest.

Vaporeon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Surf
- Tera Blast
- Protect

I don't have any intelligent EV spread, but currently Tera Fire Vapreon is excellent as an answer to Iron Bundle and generically a strong wall. With the amount of choice + proto teams going around, protect can easily give you a scout out. This set will basially make it so every time Iron Bundle comes in, you end up giving a member a fat heal on the back end. Tera Blast will 2hko Bundle too so it isn't even some weird wall staring contest.

As traditional switchins to Vap are like Amoongus or Meowscarda, this is an especially nice change as you 2hko the amoongus and turn Meowscarda into a knock-off spammer unless they want to do 0 damage to you.

Vaporeon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Surf
- Tera Blast
- Protect

I don't have any intelligent EV spread, but currently Tera Fire Vapreon is excellent as an answer to Iron Bundle and generically a strong wall. With the amount of choice + proto teams going around, protect can easily give you a scout out. This set will basially make it so every time Iron Bundle comes in, you end up giving a member a fat heal on the back end. Tera Blast will 2hko Bundle too so it isn't even some weird wall staring contest.

As traditional switchins to Vap are like Amoongus or Meowscarda, this is an especially nice change as you 2hko the amoongus and turn Meowscarda into a knock-off spammer unless they want to do 0 damage to you.
Does the 4 SpA matter for anything? Otherwise, I'd move that to SpDef rather than SpA

Hello. I wanted to make a thread on Vaporeon, but turns out it was taken. But, I think there's a small niche move that deserves mention. That move being Copycat. Yes, Copycat. As meme-y as it sounds, I've come to believe it's a great move on defensive sets, as a 4th option alongside Wish and Protect (obviously, unless you are running Rest in which case there's better options). Copycat's utility stems from the fact that it can come in on defensive mons, since they give Vaporeon an opportunity to heal it's teammates. Thus, Copycat can allow Vaporeon to "steal" a move from a defensive mon such as Corviknight's U-Turn and Roost, Stealth Rock from defensive hazard setters (And offensive ones in HO too, for example Glimmora allows Vaporeon to get up it's own hazards allows), and even Shed Tail from Cyclizar, giving it's teammates huge HP substitutes. It even has offensive utility too, such as being able to net kills on mons that are weak to their own moves such as Shadow Ball from ghosts, or Moonblast / Spirit Break from Iron Valiant. Although this last point is more situational, it's still a good option to consider.
I would also add Tera Blast in defensive sets, specially the ones that turn Vaporeon into a
, since it allows it to beat BU Taunt Palafin easier.

Can Vaporeon learn Wish prior to Home? Serebii shows no parents learn through leveling in SV.

E: Nevermind, yes it can.

Last edited:
Can Vaporeon learn Wish prior to Home? Serebii shows no parents learn through leveling in SV.

E: Nevermind, yes it can.
Whats the breeding chain for it? I can't figure it out

Edit: Florges line -> Pikachu Line -> Eevee
Edit2: Mirror Herb lol

Last edited:
I like Vaporeon more than many of the other bulky water types around because it actually has some offensive presence and can support the team more with Wish. It is way less reliable though on the other hand hand to. I have also tried Substitute+Calm Mind and it is surprisingly pretty effective most of time and the other waters can't touch you.

Recently I have using Choice Specs Vaporeon with a lot of Defense evs and it has been putting in work. It is pretty powerful and is a great check to most fire/water types and a lot of the bulky walls like Skeledirge and Garganacle. It also has great special bulk and can tank most special hits and OHKO back. The lack of speed hurts sometimes but it is counteracted with its ability to take hits.

On the topic of Copycat:

Vaporeon @ Covert Cloak
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Copycat
- Wish
- Protect
- Chilling Water

Copycat lets it really take advantage of some passive mons, and Copycat + Covert Cloak lets you beat most versions of Garganacl lacking its own Covert Cloak, since you can steal Salt Cure and Recover. Speed EVs lets it outspeed Corviknight, letting you copy Defog, Roost, or even U Turn if it gives you an opportunity for a rare slow Wish pivot. Honestly if Vaporeon could learn Whirlpool it would trap and abuse a ton of defensive mons but no luck.

I personally don't think its amazing by any means but it can be fun. I struggle to see much of a niche, since I'd rather use Alomomola for a bulky Water Wish passer.

EDIT I change my mind, Copycat Vaporeon is a large enough niche to warrant use. Nominated it to the VR here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)