Tournament UUWC I - Administrative Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eternal Spirit

Eternal Spirit told his team that he would quit if he didn’t go 3-0. After losing to RaJ.Shoot, he proceeded to leave Team Brazil’s server, saying that he wouldn’t come back or play anymore. Both captains of Team Brazil also informed me of this and gave the logs to prove it.

This is a peculiar situation to deal with, as it’s only Day 2 of the tour and ES has already played a game. After further discussion on this topic, the following decision will happen:

-Team Brazil will be forced to substitute someone in for Eternal Spirit. Because this is an unofficial tour, ES will not be punished further.

Tagging hs and Highways. No strict deadline to find a sub but please get this done soon.

edit: Team Brazil has subbed in Ren-chon over Eternal Spirit for the other two ORAS games.

Last edited:
RE: Raichy vs BlazingDark

In the match between Raichy and BlazingDark, BlazingDark used Baton Pass on Turn 4. This move was banned from the tournament, and was announced in the manager chat, signups thread, and laid out in the commencement. Despite me initially letting them get a redo, I've decided that Raichy will receive the win for this match.

These rules were announced in the signup thread and additionally in the commencement thread and managers were informed of the bans. While I do acknowledge that I said a redo would be allowed at first, after going over the situation and getting opinions from other tour hosts I've decided to give Raichy the win. I apologize for the inconvenience between Team France and Team LA that this may have caused.

RE: Shiba vs The Kyle

The Kyle and Shiba scheduled for Sunday afternoon between 3-4 P.M. -7. When The Kyle approached Shiba asking when to play, he got no response. The Kyle then called activity on Shiba and presumably went to sleep, while West subbed Vaboh in over Shiba. However Canada wasn't able to provide a sub in return and it was said that Shiba had missed the time and seemed to have a solid case for activity.

This is a decision that I didn't want to make since it directly skews Canada's playoff chances, however just making it a dead game didn't seem fit for a game that determined if Canada moves to playoffs or not. I acknowledge that an activity win to get to playoffs is also pretty bad, but there's not much of a better solution to be had when this decision was discussed.

As such, The Kyle will get the act win over Shiba. While I would've preferred a cleaner way to decide whether Canada goes to tiebreak or straight to playoffs, sadly there isn't much of another solution that's present at this time.

edit: The case was reexamined and I decided to make this a dead game. There was clear evidence that The Kyle was trying to fish for some sort of act and Vaboh was also subbed in over Shiba to get the game done, however The Kyle presumably fell asleep (at 7 pm no less). After re-reviewing the case I determined that there's no real evidence in either favor for a proper act decision and as such this will be ruled a dead game. Either way this does not effect playoffs - Canada will still face LA, while NE will face the winner of the 3-way tiebreak for 4th place between France, Europe, and US South.

Last edited:
tired of this :pirate:

RE: Gondra vs ZoroDark, MrAldo vs choolio, and Raichy vs BKC

Gondra and ZoroDark had no visible contact throughout the week and neither did MrAldo or choolio. Raichy contacted BKC today on the last day, but BKC didn't respond. While situations like this are less than desired, especially in semifinals, an extension is out of the question and these matches probably wouldn't get done either way. There also isn't a clear case for act in the Raichy vs BKC match.

Result: All three of these are dead games. Europe advances to playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)