UUPL XI - Week Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader

Amazing art by Violet
  • Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​
>>Commencement Thread<<
>>
Replays and Usage Stats<<
>>Spreadsheet<<

Courtesy of the amazing Ticken!

vs

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (5) vs (5) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
SV UU: bbeeaa vs vivalospride
SV UU: mncmt vs ProDigeZz
SV UU: avarice vs Skarph
SS UU: Luthier vs Ninja
SM UU: Highways vs pdt
ORAS UU: dingbat vs Pak
BW UU: sensei axew vs Amukamara
DPP UU: hariyana grande vs HSA
ADV UU: LpZ vs Parpar
GSC UU: Torchic vs Leru

vs

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (5) vs (5) Iki Town Idols
SV UU: TJ vs Xrn
SV UU: Fc vs Mossy Sandwich
SV UU: Danny vs Lily
SS UU: udongirl vs MichaelderBeste2
SM UU: Xiri vs Askov
ORAS UU: Elfuseon vs Wanka
BW UU: Expulso vs Finchinator
DPP UU: fatty vs Beraldo
ADV UU: Heysup vs shiloh
GSC UU: d0nut vs Estarossa

vs

Area Zero Pilots (4) vs (6) Safari Zone Smashers
SV UU: Indigo Plateau vs Star
SV UU: Scottie vs Draphirion
SV UU: dunoks vs Feliburn
SS UU: DugZa vs Moutemoute
SM UU: Empo vs robjr
ORAS UU: Spl4sh vs Killintime
BW UU: Fakee vs eden
DPP UU: Thiago Nunes vs Micciu
ADV UU: Garay oak vs Shiba
GSC UU: BigFatMantis vs kaori

vs

Celestial Tower Tycoons (6) vs (3) Mikan Island Monsters
SV UU: passion vs Meru
SV UU: Lunala vs Poek
SV UU: Lyssa vs talah
SS UU: Totomon vs TDK
SM UU: Gondra vs blunder
ORAS UU: umbry vs lax
BW UU: Punny vs SoulWind
DPP UU: Seldanna vs 16bit
ADV UU: ArcticBreeze vs crying
GSC UU: Real FV13 vs col49

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (0) vs (0) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
SV UU: bbeeaa vs vivalospride

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (0) vs (0) Iki Town Idols
SV UU: Fc vs Mossy Sandwich
DPP UU: fatty vs Beraldo

Area Zero Pilots (0) vs (0) Safari Zone Smashers

Celestial Tower Tycoons (0) vs (0) Mikan Island Monsters

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 5th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.​

LpZ

capy
is a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
w1: 19/30

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (4) vs (5) Iki Town Idols
SV UU: Fc vs Nat
DPP UU: fatty vs Beraldinho

Celestial Tower Tycoons (7) vs (3) Mikan Island Monsters

gooooooo sisterss

spell

of the void
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
SV UU: Lunala vs Poek - i thought dbfz was your fg of choice Lunala
SV UU: Lyssa vs talah - gionda
DPP UU: Seldanna vs 16bit - two friends, but i think zay is better in game and at building in general

go stars

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (4) vs (6) Iki Town Idols

Celestial Tower Tycoons (7) vs (3) Mikan Island Monsters

while i did not bold all my friends, i hope they all win. will play this week trust

predictions speedrun rn

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters vs Cinnabar Arcade Stars
SV UU: gum vs vivalospride | I'm a fan of both of these users and I'm sad one of them has to go 0-2 :(, that said I liked sisters' teams more from last week and i think their core has a better grasp of the tier as of right now, viv could definitely take this though with his creative approach to building.
SV UU: mncmt vs ProDigeZz | I, against my better judgement, ranked mncmt first in SV, terrible decision I know but I'll probably keep bolding him until he loses.
SV UU: avarice vs Skarph | ngl avarice is kind of hard carrying this core so it might be rude to predict against them but I don't want to predict a full left side sweep LOL, also something tells me skarph is the goat and will bounce back this week so rooting for the underdog :D.
SS UU: Luthier vs Ninja | both of them played well last week but ninja is still a bit of an unknown quantity to me so I'm going to predict luthier to win solely off results. pdt support does go hard in this tier though so I can also see this one going the other way around.

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers vs Iki Town Idols
SV UU: TJ vs Xrn | TJ looked solid last week and usually does well in UU tours also I liked his team from last week more, xrn is also a solid all around player though so with a good team it can definitely swing in their favor.
SV UU: Fc vs Nat | imo nat is one of the best in the pool so id expect her to take this one as long as we don't see oricorio again...
SV UU: Danny vs Lily | idk what happened last week I tabbed out thinking danny won but then they lost and I'm not sure how exactly yet so I guess I'm predicting lily to win she also played well last week.
SS UU: udongirl vs MichaelderBeste2 | the noodle is more in tune with the tier and probably more likely to care/bring a better team so Id say shes favored.

Area Zero Pilots vs Safari Zone Smashers
SV UU: Indigo Plateau vs Star | insert joke about IP in UUPL.
SV UU: Scottie vs Draphirion | I assume kendrick steven the third is busy this week so this is why the sub happened? Bolding the smashers regardless I think their team choices have been far better in SV.
SV UU: dunoks vs Feliburn | this matchup is about even but imo Feli's aggressive style gives him an edge here.
SS UU: DugZa vs Moutemoute | DugZa didnt get to play their game last week as they were subbed out but Id still rate them into the higher half of the pool also moute brought demonregi in 2023 so karma will be out to get him this week >:(.

good luck to all teams & go vtubers!

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
SV UU: gum vs vivalospride

Area Zero Pilots (5) vs (5) Safari Zone Smashers

Celestial Tower Tycoons (8) vs (2) Mikan Island Monsters

honestly on some of the mainers vs tour players mus it'll come down to how good are the teams they'll be passed so some of those games can go either way (aka too lazy to make in-depth predicts)

go idols

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
rly hype and close mus this week! gl to everyone

SM UU: Xiri vs Askov - both won last week, Xiri won comfortably versus a horrifying resttalk tentacruel gligar team using a pif semistall, while Askov also brought a solid team and outplayed Highways for the win. I think that Xiri is slightly hotter in the tier than Askov at the moment, but can easily go both ways. Should be a close match, because Xiri + pif prep will be difficult to account for.
SM UU: Empo vs robjr - last week Empo surprised me because I forgot that he had IP support, where he brought IP's signature jellicent klefki BO and won flashily. rob also outbuilt and outplayed me last week, and i will bold him purely because of his experience in the tier to potentially catch Empo off guard, but playing wise and support wise it should be about even.
SM UU: Gondra vs blunder - I did not like the team that Gondra brought last week, and although I didn't like the team that the Monsters brought either, I have a gut feeling that blunder will pull an advantageous matchup here and pull out the win. Gondra has played more SM recently than blunder and is coming off a loss, and, like myself, needs to polish up prep in order to get a win here.

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Predicting the player with the better record every time, or the player I like more (with mega bias) if records are even :]

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (4) vs (6) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (4) vs (6) Iki Town Idols

Area Zero Pilots (2) vs (8) Safari Zone Smashers

Celestial Tower Tycoons (6) vs (4) Mikan Island Monsters

Last edited:
w1 17/28 (not counting the sm sub game last week). im not going to lie i didnt pay attention to like a third of the games last week. i've spaced out each game because i think it would be pretty hard to read otherwise, whoops

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (7) vs (3) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

SV UU: gum vs vivalospride - idk. both will give a fuck, but i feel like gum has a better support network, might be more motivated, and honestly probably will click with sv better than viv given that he doesn't play mons that much as a whole as of late, let alone cg. dont like that one of these will go 0-2 though

SV UU: mncmt vs ProDigeZz - mncmts team looked cooler than prods

SV UU: avarice vs Skarph - rooting for the ducky. however, skarph is a much cooler name than avarice and i feel this guy was clawing his way back pretty nicely last week after he got plowed early by sylvie.

SS UU: Luthier vs Ninja - did not watch either game but even if i did i wouldve bolded luthier

SM UU: Highways vs pdt - an upset? i dont really have as much confidence in pdt's for sm than i do in ss despite him being more "known" for it. rob had like 5 tools to fuck him up last week without much strain and it didn't help that his dark resist got kneecapped turn 1. i thought vincune would've been veto'd by pak tbh but not sure. highways lost as well but my gut's telling me he takes it this time, especially cause pdt is still very tilt prone to me despite the heights he's climbed over the past tournaments

ORAS UU: dingbat vs Pak - not an easy start for dingbat, leading off with an unfortunate jellicent freeze that pretty much made that game unplayable imo into pak who is hard wired to perform at the top of the pool. he's said himself he's fiending to finally get an undefeated season for once, but even if he doesn't i can't see him doing poorly. while dingbat can bring some awkward stuff (most people struggle to fit infernape or klefki on a team, so doing both of them at the same time has some pretty annoying drawbacks), he has a good enough intuition imo to where he can make it work. meanwhile, pak has started off the season by experimenting on how lass ho can adapt after slurpuff's ban, and it had a high payoff given the offensive synergy of gyarados + sharpedo, and an underrated set in sub cm sylveon. dingbat has improved quite a bit since the long gone days of him having lottery winning luck, so i'm not gonna act like this will be a wash. but it's still pak, so.

BW UU: sensei axew vs Amukamara - i dunno, i don't have a lot to say here. usually i'm a believer that if you get tspikes up and there's no immune or at least a spinner, then you're way ahead in the game by default, and sensei got them up turn 1. at the same time though, drudd is such a fucking pain for his team and it put in enough work early here to give finch a big advantage. don't think he played bad or anything, sometimes that's just how bw goes. liam had a certified togekiss moment, which i personally enjoy unless it happens to my team of course. big fan of the set he brought there.

DPP UU: hariyana grande vs HSA - this will be hariyana's first uupl game! would be second but dead game last week :( despite that, he's pretty much made himself known to be The DPP Guy now, and has had a bit of tenure to his name with the tournaments he's played last year. he's a pretty solid builder if memory serves correctly as well, except when he brings scarf dugtrio. i want hsa to nab a few wins, especially because i know he doesn't want to be slotted in gsc somehow down the line. last week's game was awkward though. oma ended up dead with no hazards on the field, and his mu was pretty shit as is. for the moment, i think hariyana has more of a groove on things than he does.

ADV UU: LpZ vs Parpar - parpar took a very solid win last week. had a pretty firm grasp on the game for most, if not all of it, but also made some nice choices in the builder. have never seen resttalk oma before, and i am a big big fan of wisp taunt dbond haunter. i don't like hp ice on it compared to other options, but still. it had a very large hand in his win last week and is p much a perfect display of its strengths. lpz similarly brought some cool stuff last week with metang and silk scarf return arcanine, the latter of which actually would make me afraid to switch tentacruel into it compared to hp electric, while retaining the ability to ohko oma in a pinch with (presumably) hp grass. he seemed to have played fine, but luck didn't really favor him. there's more of a sample size on parpar and i think he's gonna continue to give me more and more confidence in him than i had during snake.

GSC UU: Torchic vs Leru - i didn't watch either of their games last week, and i sure as shit don't feel like going back to look it over. while gsc uu isn't their native tier, both are well versed in the art of partaking in mind numbingly long pokemon. torchic has famously farmed the shit out of rby uu, while leru beat the elite 4 in emerald with only a treecko. it's up for debate which one displays more mental fortitude, but gsc fits both pretty well. gut says torchic though.

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (2) vs (8) Iki Town Idols

SV UU: TJ vs Xrn - i don't know if tj could've lost that game realistically last week, because grafaiai seems like an insta fix button vs hyper offense. both players proved me wrong last week but rn i feel worse for bolding against xrn

SV UU: Fc vs Nat - nat lost last week but i think she'd be pretty upset at going 0-2, or well, pretty upset at just losing, so i'm just going to assume she will tryhard when she's not tryharding for spl

SV UU: Danny vs Lily - want to make it clear that i believed meru would win that end game before anyone else in the uu discord. they all called me a madman...anyway, danny's game was certainly a game of all time. i think he's usually competent though, but lily seemed to have played well last week. i think she usually does well when she likes the tier she's playing, and i haven't seen her complain about sv yet so just going to pick her

SS UU: udongirl vs MichaelderBeste2 - udongirl has obviously played more here but she seems kinda shaky sometimes and tdk beat her while forgetting to use sr. mdb has very little history in ss uu compared to her but he's a strong mainstay in ou and the back of my mind is telling me it would be a bad idea to root against him again for the moment. if bolding the vs wasn't bad practice i'd probably do it here though

SM UU: Xiri vs Askov - another mu i don't really feel strongly on lol. xiri plays sm uu a LOT but askov most likely cares more and he seemed to do ok last week? so sure i'll give it to him

ORAS UU: Elfuseon vs Wanka - chris wanka is Inevitable and el foosball fucked himself at lead last week. hera got way too much mileage early on, and then setting up tspike with rose and letting it die, and then didn't at least punish the empoleon for fogging it off through eqing, which messed him up even further. even if it was a risky play on paper, he needed to make something happen to get back in it. i think he can probably pull off some wacky stuff to make wanka shit himself, though. i'm a bigger fan of wanka than most, but he can definitely fuck around and find out, so to speak. i think he lends himself to some holes in the builder sometimes as well (no fire resist which sometimes works but is kinda annoying), and mamoswine teams are notoriously obnoxious to pull off. both also happened to benefit off the slurpuff hyper offense i made last year vs me or my team in team tours which i am very much not salty about whatsoever. not at all...

BW UU: Expulso vs Finchinator - finch apologized for getting some rng early in the game last week which was pretty weird to me, cause i don't think it really mattered much at all. he may be trying to reach good karma because after last uupl, i think he has some sort of curse placed on him in this tier. i have nothing to say about expulso's game honestly, like he played fine i think.

DPP UU: fatty vs Beraldinho - hoping beraldo feels better since i know he was sick last week :(. regardless, fatty is fatty and i expect him to win here. he never really fucks up too hard to the point where he loses, and just has more experience than anyone else by miles. i'm also usually a fan of his building. that being said, beraldinho is the second coming of christ when it comes to dpp nu, at least. like this guy has probably lost only enough times to count on one hand over a substantial amount of games. teaming with him in dpppl, he almost always seemed to have control of the game. but we're not in dpp nu, and i think uu is a much more fast paced tier than it. i bring it up because i think his dpp fundamentals are strong enough to where it can transfer here so that he'll put up a good performance, regardless of the result.

ADV UU: Heysup vs shiloh - i said that heysups game would be a banger last week and i wasnt wrong, it was very much a fun watch. i think heysups kanga set was pretty interesting, as well as his team, though i was fully expecting that cacturne to send ampharos into the stratosphere with counter t1 (traumatic experience). spin sandslash kinda sucks tho, would rather just punish solrock and missy with hp ghost after a boost. it's such a shitty spinner lol but enough about that...that game was wild all around. if i go too in depth trying to understand the fuckery that ensued this would be going over the character length. anyhow, i was going to write here that shiloh's team was standard but consistent enough, but then rewatching the game just now, i was thinking huh...this team is kinda familiar. then it dawned on me after 48 hours that it was, in fact, a team i used in uu snake. again though, its no-nonsense enough so i get it. i'll play it safe and bold heysup here.

GSC UU: d0nut vs Estarossa - the show has a great sheet record honestly, 22-10 in one tier is pretty hard to pull off. he is pretty much the go to for this tier, it's like his whole being. i don't know how hard he really pushes the meta because it's not really a thing i have the capacity to pay attention to (though i appreciate it a little more than other people), but i imagine he's had to have done something because of his consistency. d0nut is good too though, i don't have any strong opinions on him but i'm confident enough in his abilities. he also got unlucky as shit in some of his games when he did play (378 moment). if this was about a year ago, i'd have bolded him for sure but my faith in esta has increased a lot more and he has played it more than d0nut in recent memory

Area Zero Pilots (3) vs (7) Safari Zone Smashers

SV UU: Indigo Plateau vs Star - i want to bold ip because he brought toedscruel. love the design and i feel like that guy should be top tier but apparently he's trash. unfortunately like every other sv / ss matchup i have no real thoughts on this

SV UU: Scottie vs Draphirion - kst3ve said in the uu discord that he benched himself because he wanted draph play. i hope he wins so it's not in vain

SV UU: dunoks vs Feliburn - bolding feliburn as a fellow "claims theyre retired" player

SS UU: DugZa vs Moutemoute - moute has played more and i like seeing him talking in the game chat

SM UU: Empo vs robjr - i feel like i never bold against rob, and i have more faith in him than probably anyone when it comes to sm uu. not going to stop here though

ORAS UU: Spl4sh vs Killintime - honestly, i think spl4sh's win last week was rng telling me to go fuck myself after me and spl4sh had disagreed hard as to whether gyarados or slurpuff was the real problem in oras uu like 6 months ago. seriously, fuck dragon tail. i don't have much to say about these players that i haven't said before, though. i think they'll both end up doing ok, kt will bring the nasties, etc etc. kt's play was pretty wild last week which made it very enjoyable to watch.

BW UU: Fakee vs eden - picking eden because i think he won more in uu snake im not really sure and he didn't get a chance to play the game. fakee also is coming off a loss but no shame in losing to punny

DPP UU: Thiago Nunes vs Micciu - strong performance from micciu last week for sure, but thiago has done p well in almost every tour he's played in for dpp uu. he played a tight game last week, and i think he has a propensity to reuse sometimes or use other people's teams but if you're gonna do that you might as well do it in a gen without team preview. it's fucked up that clef snacked the shit out of that ajet though. anyway, this can give micciu an edge in prep because he's a mega tryhard but it remains to be seen if that's gonna translate completely into gameplay

ADV UU: Garay oak vs Shiba - shiba played fine last week, he just like...couldn't really do anything in that mu. not that he had a bad team, it just was p blanked by parpar's. that game is why sball on kanga's almost a necessity now, but even with that one of the biggest selling points of the haunter set parpar used is to munch tf out of kanga and dbond trade with it anyway. kinda derailing myself here...anyway, while shiba will probably care more, and i don't think 0-2 is indicative of his abilities at all, i've been a garay stan for like 4 or 5 years now

GSC UU: BigFatMantis vs kaori - kaori won last week, and when i teamed with them in uupl they thrashed the shit out of almost everyone. however, i wanna root for the underdog here. i used to hate watching bfm games because he'd run the worst things imaginable in adv back in snake 2 but idk he's kinda grown on me a little. he's way fresher to the tier than kaori and will probably make more mistakes but he's a wildcard in the builder. i fear for him burning himself but i think he'll make some magic happen here. [/hide]

yayayayaya go vtubers!!!

Last edited:

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
I'll probably only really elaborate in SV / SS / BW bc while I know the other gens well enough to be confident in who I'm bolding I don't know them well enough to give genuine reasoning lol

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (4) vs (6) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

SV UU: gum vs vivalospride - I do think gum is more in-shape in terms of playing rn mostly because viv's been on-and-off absent for the past year or two. I also think they're more in touch w/ the metagame specifically - while I don't know if that'll result in an overall more solid team, it does make it seem likely that they'll come up w/ something pretty funky that viv might not expect. My reasoning for bolding viv is that I think SV as a metagame favours him and I think that there's a pretty decent chance he succeeds in it; last week was an okay showing, this one has an opportunity to be better. It's really close, though.

SV UU: mncmt vs ProDigeZz - Prod kicked my ass not too long ago and has been doing pretty well overall in a lot of tournaments lately. It's just unfortunate that he's facing mncmt who is looking pretty much unstoppable in every SV tier he touches. The gen seems to gel perfectly with him, while prod has looked a bit less comfortable than he did in the more methodical Gen 8. He definitely has the skills to end the winstreak, but I can't say he will with confidence. Best of luck nonetheless!

SV UU: avarice vs Skarph - avarice is just much more in touch I think, Skarph will pick up a number of wins for sure but I'm not sure this is the week it'll happen. They're both strong and accomplished players but one is actively building and playing and the other (to my knowledge, at least) isn't, so that buff is kinda hard to go against.

SS UU: Luthier vs Ninja - Luthier played and won a comfy game last week, Ninja smoked Moute with SD Cobalion in what looked like a really easy game - sure there was a little luck involved but realistically you can't be relying on Primarina as your check if your only RKer is Scarf Sleep Talk Hydreigon. So both are pretty good going into this week, but I think Luth's accomplishments in this tier are tougher to bold against. Ninja has a small mountain to climb here if he wants to take it, but he's def capable.

SM UU: Highways vs pdt - pdt is strong in SM, Highways is also strong in SM but has less history in the tier than pdt who seemingly breathes it every time UUPL comes around.

ORAS UU: dingbat vs Pak - Everything I could say here would essentially boil down to the fact that bolding against Pak in ORAS UU is worse odds than us as a species colonising Mars within the next 2 weeks

BW UU: sensei axew vs Amukamara - Battle of 4 letter names despite what Smogon may tell you. Liam is much, much more tenured in BW UU than ryan is, and that tier experience is pretty important; one thing I learned when I was still new to BW UU is that it's a pretty tough tier to just click through even if you're a good player because of the sheer power diff between the top tiers like Victini and Zap when compared to other mons, where the counterplay to them isn't always immediately obvious. Knowledge of all those things is what gives me more faith in Liam but I do think ryan's raw playing ability will give him a chance vs Liam and anyone else in the pool too.

DPP UU: hariyana grande vs HSA - Upset maybe? Idfk. Hariyana isn't really the type of guy to get bogged down by nerves idt but HSA is confidence incarnate in UUPL and is always someone you can rely on, whereas hariyana, for all his hype and indeed accomplishments in other tournaments, is still ultimately playing his first UUPL game here. Will be a really cool watch regardless.

ADV UU: LpZ vs Parpar - I underrated Parpar for too long, he knows what he's doing and wins a lot in this tier. Definitely gotta respect that. LpZ didn't really get anything in his game last week but I think Parpar just looked super in-control for the entire thing, so he can get the bold for sure.

GSC UU: Torchic vs Leru - Genuinely dunno enough about GSC to truly predict this but Torchic is good in ancient tiers so I'm just gonna send it

---

Area Zero Pilots (6) vs (4) Safari Zone Smashers

SV UU: Indigo Plateau vs Star - I know IP likes SV and I know IP can smash anyone in the pool with ease just off the basis of him being a silly builder and a solid player, but Star's game last week was pretty much masterful and I think it's pretty unfair to avoid bolding him after that. IP will definitely get creative and bring some fun stuff, though; if he brings the right tech and can catch Star off guard I think he'll have pretty solid odds of taking it home from there.

SV UU: Scottie vs Draphirion - I did not at all like Scottie's team last week but I haven't seen Draphirion play any SV UU really, so although I know he's been pretty solid historically in SS, I can't really bold him here.

SV UU: dunoks vs Feliburn - I'm still not over Feli bringing an Adamant Barraskewda vs me and risking a speed tie vs my Jolly Barraskewda which odr told me to not run max speed on because "there's no way you run into another skewda" and I KNOW I was sabotaged but Feli sabotaged himself EVEN HARDER so I'm bolding against him out of pure salt. Frick you Feli

SS UU: DugZa vs Moutemoute - Not sure why DugZa had to sub out last week but he's def good at SS UU. More importantly, if he brings a Cobalion, this game is over before it even begins.

SM UU: Empo vs robjr - Both coming off pretty solid wins so mostly just bolding rob because I believe in his SM UU abilities a lot, realistically a tossup bc while rob is more experienced w/ the tier specifically Empo is one of the all-time best players and definitely the best SM (as a gen) player ever, so yea.

ORAS UU: Spl4sh vs Killintime - KT got a rough draw in Pak week 1 and got smoked by Slurpuff at home, happens. Spl4sh got umbry and got a lucky break with a clutch Dragon Tail miss, so honestly it's kinda hard to say too much about either's week 1 performance. They're both good. I'm just going off gut feeling.

BW UU: Fakee vs eden - Both got kinda owned last week I think altho I didn't see either game live and might've missed some key turns. Kind of a rough matchup, I think eden's been struggling a bit ever since that gauntlet of a UUFPL run and Fakee has been a little shaky for a while now. I dunno who to bold at all but my gut tells me Fakee will have something sinister here that lets him take it.

DPP UU: Thiago Nunes vs Micciu - Micciu surprised me last week with a better performance in DPP than I'd expected from him but the Nunes is much more experienced in the tier and I just think he'll diff Micciu a bit based on that.

ADV UU: Garay oak vs Shiba - Suuuper good matchup here. I dunno ADV well enough to say comfortably who'll take it but I do hope to catch it live regardless. Good luck both!

GSC UU: BigFatMantis vs kaori - I for sure did not watch either of their games last week and I don't think I will either sorry!! But BFM did lose and kaori was on my first UUPL team and delayed one of their GSC games so I could wait for my pizza to get here and eat it while I watched. I will bold them every week based on that unless I have reason not to

---

Celestial Tower Tycoons (4) vs (6) Mikan Island Monsters

SV UU: passion vs Meru - Whoever I don't bold is gonna haha react my post so I flipped a coin and it said Meru is winning

SV UU: Lunala vs Poek - I don't really know how I'm supposed to predict P4UA but I will be listening to Break Out Of... for their entire battle regardless

SV UU: Lyssa vs talah - Reina owned last week with boots on boots on boots, talah ran into the unfortunate fate of HO into Grafaiai. Both are really good. Bolding against Reina feels wrong tbh but I just think talah's gonna take it, my gut is telling me that they're gonna have some silly Tera mon that happens to decimate and they'll win off that. We'll see!

SS UU: Totomon vs TDK - Tough draw for Totomon, I don't really wanna see him go 0-2, but bolding against TDK vs anyone in this pool save for maybe Luthier is kinda madness on my end. I hate saying that bc god I really wanna bold against him. Frick you TDK

SM UU: Gondra vs blunder - blunder is fire but I steal Gondra's SM teams too much so I have to bold him as repayment

ORAS UU: umbry vs lax - Cool matchup, both are really good players and kinda semi know the tier but not really, so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I always bold umbry in every scenario p much so uh sorry lax! Good luck guys!

BW UU: Punny vs SoulWind - How this is a BW UU matchup is beyond me but here we are. Two all-time greats. I really cannot wait to watch this game. Punny has always looked unstoppable in BW UU from the moment he started playing it, but SoulWind on the other hand often looks unstoppable uh, everywhere, so bolding either with confidence is pretty difficult. I think this is the closest and coolest game this week and I truly hope I can catch it live. Will be really exciting to see what they bring!

DPP UU: Seldanna vs 16bit - Cool matchup for sure between two people who are kinda new to DPP UU but not really new to the DPP scene in general. Seldanna is a bit more tenured within the tier so I'll take her for now but I do think this is quite close.

ADV UU: ArcticBreeze vs crying - Dunno. Gut feeling mostly, idk anything about either player in the tier so it's kind of a shot in the dark.

GSC UU: Real FV13 vs col49 - He won't ever admit it but 49 does seem to know what he's doing in this tier. I still don't know a ton about FV13 but they did take out BFM last week so well done to them. 49 taking out d0nut is quite impressive to me though so I'm going to go with him.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Corperate n

my bowels turned watery
is a Tiering Contributor

predictions vid for week 2. this vid is long so apologies to people with lives, but was a blast to make. will be back next week.

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (5) vs (5) Iki Town Idols

Area Zero Pilots (5) vs (5) Safari Zone Smashers

Celestial Tower Tycoons (6) vs (4) Mikan Island Monsters

BW UU: Punny vs SoulWind - 50.1% - 49.9%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)