UUPL XI - Week Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader

Amazing art by Violet
  • Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​
>>Commencement Thread<<
>>
Replays and Usage Stats<<
>>Spreadsheet<<

Courtesy of the amazing Ticken!

vs

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (7) vs (3) Area Zero Pilots
SV UU: Highways vs Scottie
SV UU: pomfpomfpluff vs dunoks
SV UU: xujing691691 vs Indigo Plateau
SS UU: Luthier vs BigFatMantis
SM UU: avarice vs Empo
ORAS UU: dingbat vs devin
BW UU: gum vs Fakee
DPP UU: hariyana grande vs Thiago Nunes
ADV UU: LpZ vs Garay oak
GSC UU: Torchic vs DugZa

vs

Celestial Tower Tycoons (7) vs (3) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
SV UU: Lunala vs Floss
SV UU: passion vs Fc
SV UU: Lyssa vs Mimilucha
SS UU: Totomon vs udongirl
SM UU: Gondra vs Xiri
ORAS UU: umbry vs Elfuseon
BW UU: Punny vs Sirwings
DPP UU: Seldanna vs fatty
ADV UU: ArcticBreeze vs Heysup
GSC UU: Real FV13 vs d0nut

vs

Mikan Island Monsters (5) vs (5) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
SV UU: Meru vs Chaitanya
SV UU: Poek vs Monky25
SV UU: talah vs Skarph
SS UU: TDK vs Ninja
SM UU: blunder vs pdt
ORAS UU: snaga vs Pak
BW UU: SoulWind vs Amukamara
DPP UU: col49 vs Leru
ADV UU: crying vs Parpar
GSC UU: lax vs HSA

vs

Safari Zone Smashers (5) vs (5) Iki Town Idols
SV UU: Star vs Xrn
SV UU: KSt3ve vs Lily
SV UU: Feliburn vs Nat
SS UU: Moutemoute vs MichaelderBeste2
SM UU: robjr vs Askov
ORAS UU: Killintime vs Wanka
BW UU: MrAldo vs Finchinator
DPP UU: Micciu vs Beraldo
ADV UU: Shiba vs shiloh
GSC UU: kaori vs Estarossa

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (0) vs (0) Area Zero Pilots
SV UU: pomfpomfpluff vs Dunoks

Celestial Tower Tycoons (0) vs (0) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers

Mikan Island Monsters (0) vs (0) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
ADV UU: crying vs parpar

Safari Zone Smashers (0) vs (0) Iki Town Idols
ORAS UU: killintime vs Wanka

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 19th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.​

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
smdicts

SM UU: avarice vs Empo - going to bold empo here because i think after last week the team will kick up the prep a bit in this slot. he used another hippo empo team that was pretty bog standard, one of the few ip specials, while avarice loaded a cool bo and picked up his first win last week. although avarice is coming off a win and empo is coming off a loss, i think empo's playstyle matches up well into avarice, and think he holds a slight advantage given relatively even building support.

SM UU: robjr vs Askov - i think i favor rob overall in sm uu, and both these guys are coming off losses. rob loaded the froslass ho into a mega steelix / starmie bo which is a pretty terrible matchup for the ho, so makes sense that blunder was able to win that one. askov loaded pyuku stall in a slugfest against gondra last week (i'll be honest i have not watched the game), and hoping he will load something slightly more interesting this week. should be a good match, i think for askov to win he needs to go hard in the builder and take advantage of rob's common brings, since so far it looks like rob has been loading mostly comfort picks.

SM UU: Gondra vs Xiri - gondra won in aforementioned slugfest last week, and I think he has looked good so far in this tournament. umbry support in this slot is very strong, and gondra seems to mesh well with her building style. xiri brought a 2017-esque team last week with the malt dragmag semistall approach, and it didn't end up paying off for him. i think this week he will load something a bit less fishy and more in his lane, or maybe pif will feed him something nasty again. going to favor gondra here again as he's coming off a win last week while xiri is coming off a loss, but this match is very close and can go either way.

gl to everyone this week and go stars

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (6) vs (4) Area Zero Pilots
SV UU: mncmt vs Dunoks

Mikan Island Monsters (4) vs (6) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

Safari Zone Smashers (6)
vs (4) Iki Town Idols

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Maybe after moomoos vs pilots write up i'll just be writing ChatGPIish texts but lets give it a try

SV UU: Highways vs Scottie - Ok i know highways is 0-3 BUT i do think that if he manages to get a good team instead of mono-swept by scizor he can take this game. Scottie has been fine i think? in theory he should take this one but i legit think that highways usually mu well vs fundamentaly solid players that won't bring crazy stuff
SV UU: mncmt vs Dunoks - As long as he doesn't bring selfdestruct vroomer again he should win, dude's been farming sv
SV UU: xujing691691 vs Indigo Plateau - Kinda hard to predict here since i like both players but they seem to not have found their way into sv uu yet. Bolding IP (even tho he sucks LOL) because he's more experienced overall
SS UU: Luthier vs BigFatMantis - BFM brings some wild and interesting stuff but Luthier is fundamentaly more solid and less prone to bring stuff that will hard backfire at him
SM UU: avarice vs Empo - The classic mainer builder that can cook up something that the tour player that doesn't really play the tier won't expect. I do think that empo's playstyle can be kinda hard for avarice to deal with ingame but avarice can somewhat turn the tables in the builder since empo hasn't really been too diverse teamwise, should be a close one
ORAS UU: dingbat vs devin - The orasbat seemed solid for the most part and i dont think ive seen devin play oras uu yet so...
BW UU: gum vs Fakee - If this was a week 1 mu i'd probably bold gum despite fakee having more experience in the tier but with moomoos sinking on last spot i think gum might not be as motivated. Fakee isn't in the top of the pool but is in general fundamentaly solid so i'll be bolding him
DPP UU: hariyana grande vs Thiago Nunes - A banger one and if im not mistaken both are 3-0? both have been doing pretty well but hariyana seemed less mistake prone (not in the builder tho, dude really brought flying resist donphan w1 and somehow worked....)
ADV UU: LpZ vs Garay oak - Both have been playing well but garay might be a bit above, lpz definitely has the tools to take this one tho
GSC UU: Torchic vs DugZa - Dugza is an overall good player but i doubt he really has experience in the tier while torchic has been more familiar with dice rolling after playing rby in general extensively and diving into gsc uu recently

Celestial Tower Tycoons (8) vs (2) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
SV UU: Lunala vs Floss - Luna is back after (a)lyssa's Permission and after some Slip from this slot last week (sorry my urge for bad jokes couldnt resist it...). Bolding luna because he has been more into the tier afaik but floss is no slouch so it can go either way
SV UU: passion vs Fc - Passion has looked pretty great in his games and while fc hasn't looked bad either i think passion + (a)lyssa support in sv is really hard to stop
SV UU: Lyssa vs Mimilucha - I think people don't credit much mimilucha but he's usually pretty active on ladder and plays nice but what is also not creditted right is lyssa's record. I think she's better than what the 1-2 suggests and the vtubers have been pretty solid in teambuilding and even tho the trainers also has good teambuilding with pif being around i think that lyssa has a higher ceiling than mimilucha
SS UU: Totomon vs udongirl - This should be a fun one, i could be wrong but udongirl has been bringing more standard-ish stuff which isn't a bad thing but i feel like part of her strengths come from her unorthodox builds. Ii think she beats totomon if she can spice up a bit her teams w/o falling into the gray area of viability. Totomon won't bring anything too crazy and he's fundamentaly solid but he does make some non-optimal endgames sometimes after a good start so as long as he can keep up with the whole game he'll give udongirl a hard time
SM UU: Gondra vs Xiri - i might be biased after our strong connection in roughly 2 hours of playing sm uu yesterday but while he had the advantage in mu i think he didn't give any spaces for possible chokes from his part so he clearly can manage being solid in longer games which is a nice trait. Gondra had a harder schedule than xiri so far and while xiri has been pretty solid as well i dont think he had to do much in his wins so i favor gondra here, but you can't count out xiri's experience in the tier + pif support that easily.
ORAS UU: umbry vs Elfuseon - umbrys coming back with a win from last week and while she lost the other two games she looked nice in them, having an unfortunate w1 and lax playing really well w2. I haven't followed much elfuseon's games but he has been solid in the tier recently, but i think playingwise umbry is more consistent.
BW UU: Punny vs Sirwings - ngl i havent seen sirwings in bw before and punny is one of the best bw uu players so hard to bold against him
DPP UU: Seldanna vs fatty - seldanna hasn't looked bad but fatty probably knows the tier with the palm of his hands nowadays and can find out what 6 seldanna will be using just by seeing their lead so favoring him here
ADV UU: ArcticBreeze vs Heysup - as long as trainers doesnt let him cook (du)skulls instead of heat and make him take some meditation sessions before the games i firmly believe he wins here. Articbreeze is no slouch tho considering they have experience in ADV overall and has bouff support but i think heysup is good when he doesn't go too far with his creativity.
GSC UU: Real FV13 vs d0nut - i won't lie and say that i've been following the gsc games so i'm going with FV since he's 3-0 and has beaten the show in a more ''convincing'' game.

Mikan Island Monsters (6) vs (4) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
SV UU: Meru vs Chaitanya - As much as i hate to say it Meru has been doing well in SV and been grinding the tier while i can't remember if Chaitanya has played this at all
SV UU: Poek vs Monky25 - Tour player vs mainer builder chapter 690. Poek had some nice games so far and as long as Meru doesn't feed him some awful ladder team from some 1200 rated guy he should have the upper hand here but Monky definitely has the meta knowledge to outplay him in the builder
SV UU: talah vs Skarph - Won't lie this was a coinflip, i think both are competent in the tier and by now has a grasp of the tier even tho they aren't really uuers.
SS UU: TDK vs Ninja - TDK is pretty good in this tier when he doesn't load stuff like attackless salamence or some pokemon that should outspeed base 100 but doesn't outspeed because of some big brained ev spread
SM UU: blunder vs pdt - One of the games i'm most looking forward this week since both are pretty aggro players that doesnt fear spicing up in the builder as well, going with pdt because he's more active in the tier and might take more advantage of building trends
ORAS UU: snaga vs Pak - No clue about how good snaga is in oras uu but pak has just looked insane in this tour bringing 2 games back from the grave to a W
BW UU: SoulWind vs Amukamara - Time to sound boring but i just think SWs ceiling is higher, Amukamara is probably one of the few people who still builds in this tier actively tho so maybe he can use something that will tilt SW who knows.
DPP UU: col49 vs Leru - calling act
ADV UU: crying vs parpar - par2 has been on a crazy streak in ADV UU, i was a non-believer at first but at this point i think i'll be bolding him most of the time
GSC UU: lax vs HSA - HSA stated that he didn't want to play GSC UU so.... :worrywhirl:

Last edited:
awfully formatted phone predicts wooot!!1 also i asked askov to give me another tier to write up and he said sm but since im so out of touch there im instead gonna bold whoever i think would make it the furthest on Survivor.(i jokingly thougbt of this yesterday but it seemed fire so)
Celestial Tower Tycoons (7) vs (3) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
SV UU: Lyssa vs Mimilucha i predict my friends to sweep
SS UU: Totomon vs udongirl pia matchup omg!! totomons too fire though
SM UU: Gondra vs Xiri - this is a close one.. both seemed pretty quiet but i think xiri is a bit older so maybe he has more experience camping or something. they both seem like pretty honest dudes too so i doubt they’d tried to manipulate people to get to the top. gondra also plays genshin a lot though.. im sure that game teaches u some life skills. i’d say xiri goes a couple more episodes though
ORAS UU: umbry vs Elfuseon thats the goat but thats also the goat
BW UU: Punny vs Sirwings sirwings rly getting thrown to the wolves while expulsos on vacation
DPP UU: Seldanna vs fatty - bias aside im calling for the upset. seldanna got some fortune last week but played well nonetheless, while fatty has been playing fine as well. idk, feel like seldanna is comfy enough at this point to where she'll call out some of fatty's plays. if fatty cares enough though we could see him prep for seldannas teams, as she's been bringing pretty similar structures

Mikan Island Monsters (5) vs (5) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
SS UU: TDK vs Ninja ninjas a threat tho
SM UU: blunder vs pdt ok now THIS would be fire. pdt has seemingly been around like 20 different places in the world, and hes also just a pretty active and aociable guy. meanwhile, blunder has a similarly active personality, and on top of this, has the youtube clout buff.. this could easily sway people’s opinion later in the game. i could see both of them being pulling some strings a bit if they had to as well, and would prob be “leaders” of smaller groups in the game. i’d bet both make it pretty far, but pdt gets a bit further
DPP UU: col49 vs Leru - kinda just wanna echo bouff's thoughts bc.. idk man, leru kinda got rolled by a demonic sub tox entei set that their team simply couldn't handle (flamethrower burns were unfortunate but i think it was still super doomed at that point). col apparently has some nice builds, so i'm sure he has a better grasp on the tier than leru. honestly though i've just hardly seen him play. don't got much to go off here, so going w the one who has history in the tier
GSC UU: lax vs HSA - if hsa plays this time thisll prob still be close i think lax is good in this tier perhaps ?

Safari Zone Smashers (3) vs (7) Iki Town Idols
SM UU: robjr vs Askov - ok now this is one idk about. askov would prob just be a bit more lowkey and try to get further in the show that way, and i guess the same could be said for rob? idk too much sbout him honestly, maybe he could go into no-nonsense mode and just start leading a smaller group. i dont see askov doing that personally. however i dont really see askov having a target on his back throughout most of the show, as hes just a nice guy who’d prob fly under the radar. if it wasnt obvious im bias but idgaf. i say askov makes it further
DPP UU: Micciu vs Beraldo - micciu's honestly looked clean in this tier so far, and while there has been some hiccups in his games, i feel like he's more than making up for it with his general play. so far it hasn't been beraldo's tour unfortunately, with a tough loss to fatty in a tense endgame then getting ice punch frozen. not like he's even playing bad, just some turns that cost him (and maybe power whip sludge bomb venusaur what IS that bro). really don't wanna see him go 0-3 but gotta say micciu takes this
ADV UU: Shiba vs shiloh bolding against shiba seems to help him win so

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
SM UU: blunder vs pdt ok now THIS would be fire. pdt has seemingly been around like 20 different places in the world, and hes also just a pretty active and aociable guy. meanwhile, blunder has a similarly active personality, and on top of this, has the youtube clout buff.. this could easily sway people’s opinion later in the game. i could see both of them being pulling some strings a bit if they had to as well, and would prob be “leaders” of smaller groups in the game. i’d bet both make it pretty far, but pdt gets a bit further
can you explain your sm predicts

Corperate n

my bowels turned watery
is a Tiering Contributor

more predictions with my friendos, pls enjoy

Celestial Tower Tycoons (5) vs (5) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers

Mikan Island Monsters
(6) vs (4) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

Safari Zone Smashers (7) vs (3) Iki Town Idols

SV UU: Feliburn vs Nat - Play RU this week pls

51 / 86. not sure if this is good or not...i dont think it is LOL i got absolutely fucked on the sisters predictions

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (7) vs (3) Area Zero Pilots
SV UU: Highways vs Scottie - please
SV UU: xujing691691 vs Indigo Plateau - pLEASE
ORAS UU: dingbat vs devin - in a season where teams in this tier seem to look more and more like they're from the end of when oras was current gen, dingbat had a p cool team including cb krook, something i've been advocating for more and more as of late cause band knock is really really good. can't say i think rock tomb is great on mien though, but at least it's not fake out. i don't know much at all about devin in oras uu, i feel like he might've played a game two seasons ago or i might just be demented. either way, dingbat knows the ropes more.
BW UU: gum vs Fakee - idk, Muh Experience. gum played fine last week though iirc
DPP UU: hariyana grande vs Thiago Nunes - prob the hl dpp for the week for me, both have been on a tear. hariyana will definitely tryhard way more in prep, but i think it'll be hard for him to nab something down. thiago's quite varied in his playstyles, usually i'll think of him as someone likely to bring oma ho with lo np croak + 4 mons that like get 2hkod by milotic surf. he's quite capable of playing with fat though as evidenced by his week 1 game. he used to fumble in his games now and again but he's gotten better over the years
ADV UU: LpZ vs Garay oak - lpz notched his first win last week, as heysup decided he was tired of using misdreavus but didn't feel like using haunter either. duskull is certainly some cracked shit, but it's not roselia so i approve. on the other hand, garay brought a really solid gatr framework, but a bleh mu coupled with some even more bleh rng didn't give him much room to manuever. i'm never not confident in garay and his loss last week hasn't given me a reason to believe otherwise
GSC UU: Torchic vs DugZa - i know dugza's played this tier before but idk just like torchic more

Mikan Island Monsters (7) vs (3) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
ORAS UU: snaga vs Pak - pak escaped the jaws of death for like the 500th time last week LOL
BW UU: SoulWind vs Amukamara - both lost to some bad luck but sw's stung more, and depending on liam's ferro set / fakee's raikou set, liam didn't HAVE to go the route he did, but i get why he did at least. either way just going off of my gut here
DPP UU: col49 vs Leru - going for the idols pick here because i like col's builds and i use them in testing sometimes. this doesn't particularly seem to be leru's season either as he got crumbled by sub entei, which is honestly one of the most infuriating sets in the tier no matter what the other moves are.
ADV UU: crying vs Parpar - i respect the quag a lot, nice call in the current meta. not too much to say here that i haven't already, though. i honestly would like crying to win because 1-3 crying looks nicer than 0-4, but par double has taken no hostages so far
GSC UU: lax vs HSA - im so sorry hsa

Safari Zone Smashers (3) vs (7) Iki Town Idols
ORAS UU: killintime vs Wanka - i really don't want to see wanka benched tbh. he claims he's been playing bad but he like, kinda hasn't. last week, if cobalion didn't have twave, the game was probably over on the spot. it's not particularly common enough, or really common at all, to really point at him for..he needs to give himself more credit!! as for kt, well,
, i'm just using this as a win /"win" situation.
BW UU: MrAldo vs Finchinator - aldo's game was the first time since 2013 where houndoom was actually used in this tier (liam tells me he used it, but i'm personally going to ignore that for my own narrative here). aside from being the second houndoom in this tour to just barely miss out on a kill with pherb solar beam, it uh did a lot thanks to the stun spore dodge. finch brought the least venomoth weak team on earth last week probably because i think punny has used it vs him five times and it paid off i suppose boooo finch.
DPP UU: Micciu vs Beraldo - v clean cut game from micciu last week, cool team as well. i think beraldo is better on a fundamental level than him but i guess i'll need to see a bit more from him? last games rng was p poopy so i don't wanna count him out
ADV UU: Shiba vs shiloh - while rozes' luck is off the fuckin charts as of late, his play has been mostly fine, and i have way more confidence in him now than i did at the start of the season despite that. meanwhile, shiba finally won last week, but also tagged me today asking if i was ready to revisit arcanine. think i'm good on that particular matter
GSC UU: kaori vs Estarossa - the show has malded about bad luck over the past two weeks in the uu discord, which i can relate to minus the not saying gg part. kaoris not an easy opponent but id feel like shit if i said id think he'd go 1-3

glhf pifs and GO VTUBERS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)