Resource UUPL X Team/Set Disposal Center

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Now that finals are underway, it's time for the customary team and set dump thread. It's always great to see techs made throughout the tour even if they didn't see action. And of course seeing how old generations see new trends. Feel free to share your favorites below!

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i'll kick it off with my bw builds, will prob throw in my oras ones after finals conclude. big s/o to liam for letting me steal teams for weeks 1/2 along with some inspiration for my own teams, and to evi for assisting with these builds, especially with our week 3 team.
1650869817655.png
idea: straight hyper offense; lead nidoking ideally vs a non-taunt user and then proceed to assblast with my 4 threats. committing to adamant nature + zen headbutt on cobalion turned out to be super crucial in the endgame... until rng gave me the middle finger.

1650869855062.png
i ran into the misfortune of encountering xatu and roar empoleon, but at least snorlax paralyzed the penguin so :shrug:. seis/beat up weavile were added for rain countermeasures incase he brought rain, scarf shao is there cus super annoying, and roar zapdos was there so i didn't get washed by cune/opposing curselax/etc. also seis is a pretty good pkmn even if opp doesn't load rain.

1650869881024.png
ran into yet another xatu, which made me shed a tear. wisp tini worked wonders in wearing down the zapdos counter on his team, and leftovers came in clutch as it gave me just enough passive healing to survive a low pursuit roll from his banded weavile. modest king is strong as fuck, and scarf shao is super annoying as always, and druddigon is there... just cause. 0 kingdra counters was monka af, but i'm glad there was no kingdra there to blow up my sink.

1650869925499.png
i committed a major cardinal sin not running pursuit on this weavile, but honestly it wasn't super necessary with this build. also committed a major cardinal sin by running 2 mons with shitty ass attack stats with beat up, but it's still pretty damn strong so w/e. opted for dtail on rhyp to shuffle annoying hazard damage as well as punish greed setup on kingdra (lookin at you liam). opted for an offensive spread on zapdos here cause why not, and cofagrigus is there to give fighters + blastoise the middle finger, especially punishing u-turn regen spam from shao.

being thrown into the bw fire was a lot more fun than i anticipated, and i certainly have a much greater appreciation for this meta than i used to

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Big ty to Adaam Wanka and Accel for drafting me and putting so much faith in me again in such an amazing tier <3 I'm super happy to round off this UUPL with a 5-2 performance and feel very happy with the team choices I brought this tour for the most part (barring Week 4 when I was really sick), loved some of the concepts I did this time and some of the alterations to older teams that I made.

Week 1 vs Torchic (W)

:piloswine: :scyther: :haunter: :qwilfish: :slowbro: :granbull:
https://pokepast.es/ef07bbbc86e0fd00

First week of the tour was an interesting one due to not knowing a huge amount about Torchic's GSC choices while him having a fair amount of info on me from teaming in snake. Was baring in mind some more older structures coming into this week, and thought an SD Light Screen Scyther build could be pretty fun to potentially punish Slowbro use or the potential of a Piloswine bring while being pretty unexpected, especially on top of a PiloBull structure that heavily suggests an SD Passing Scyther. Love Lead Piloswine and think its probably its best position due to the amazing mus versus most standard leads and its ability to instantly set the tone of a match with forcing out Psychics/Queen/Electrics and revealing key information about their team (eg. slowbro/gyarados) while not really losing too much into a lead Qwil matchup (just reverse spike at the cost of potentially some momentum or valuable information with them revealing that they'd value chipping your own qwil with theirs). Slowbro's pretty cool choice on this team to act as a secondary check to a lot of physical shit like Bull/Scy, lets Hypno boom away freely onto stuff like Hypno (especially twave that can be irritating for scy), and can force some valuable chip onto stuff like Gyara for your own scyther to abuse later too. Ended up facing an SD LS Scyther + Slowbro mirror in the game, some early rng really sealed the game for me more easily than it should have, but I was still fairly advantaged in the game, and Scyther really would have put in work.

Week 2 vs HSA (L)

:piloswine: :granbull: :mr-mime: :dodrio: :qwilfish: :slowbro:
https://pokepast.es/71fdd4e9f252abb4

HSA is definitely always the scariest mu for any GSC player, after dodging him in snake i was especially interested to play this game out. I wanted to take a more left-field approach to this matchup and was kinda inspired by my game vs Lax in last UUSD, choosing to attempt a Meditate passing Mr. Mime route. This was pretty cool pick in theory since it could punish traditional Mime switch ins like Hypno and Chansey fairly hard, and doesn't face the same early game passing blocks that Scyther does into matchups like Roar Gyarados, or Haze Crobat. Thought this in combo with Dodrio could become a really nasty threat and give me some pretty decent mu if i ran into stall too. Pilo and Bull also worked as pretty potent abusers here too, taking a more unusual approach with the Bull set too over the standard Hp ground as 2nd move in favour of Thunder for removing Omastar for Dodrio's later benefit. Ended up facing the stall matchup and making an unecessary risk with letting Qwilfish die with hoping that HSA would either not be Thunder or not click it due to suspecting that I wouldn't keep Spikes up long enough anyway into Pursuit Buzz + Stoise with no Ghost. Dodrio was still set for some fair destruction in this game but unfortunately didn't really get the crits needed to get through Shuckle at all. Nonetheless was a pretty cool team though and I thought this was a pretty good pick and woulda worked especially nicely into a more standard team, but did rely a bit on getting crits eventually with Dodrio into the Shuckle stall MU.

Week 3 vs Garay Oak (W)

:mr-mime: :granbull::wigglytuff: :qwilfish: :haunter: :piloswine:
https://pokepast.es/a93eb6eadb9c8b5e

Garay's team choices up to this point had given the impression to me that he was using old teams and other peoples teams up to this point, and I thought bringing WigglyBull might be a really good option this time especially versus a solid player who isn't necessarily so entrenched within UU itself as opposed to GSC overall. WigglyBull's a pretty simple concept with Curse 3 attacks Granbull removing or trading with all your standard Curse Normal checks like Omastar, Haunter etc, with your opponent presuming this is a tolerable trade to make if it cripples Granbull in the process, to reveal that you actually have a secondary CurseTalk Normal in back to win the endgames (one with nicer special bulk that lets it actually set up through stuff like Lanturn too). Built this team in GSCPL finals to use vs LpZ but didn't get to play the game due to irl circumstances (stupid phone alarm not going off), the lead Light Screen + Safeguard Mime is a cool tech that keeps up some more offensive presence over a light screen hypno and can pretty comfortably punish traditional defensive switch-ins like Hypno to get that LS up for Bull to break with, while Safeguard lets it be more comfortable with hard Screening against unrevealed Hypno who might have Twave, and also can protect Bull in the process. Ended up facing Shuckle stall again this week but the overwhelming pressure of a well played Piloswine + keeping up Spikes well and eventually removing Chansey with Haunter was enough to break this week, Mime ended up being pretty nasty in the endgame too as safeguard gave it the much needed safety to try and 1v1 a Toxic Shuckle without Rest.

Week 4 vs Inder (L)

:electabuzz: :quagsire: :blastoise: :chansey: :crobat: :shuckle:
https://pokepast.es/1a88e8e14609f975

Caught COVID this week and was feeling absolutely dogshit irl so wasn't really up to building at all this week. Thought stall might have been a decent pick vs Inder based on the teams he'd brought previously in the tour, but in hindsight this was a fairly big missplay as I just wasn't feeling well enough to play a more drawn out game with a playstyle like this, and had some challenges dealing with a Substitute Magneton in particular. The team itself was just a play on the Shuckle Stall structure with using a Quagsire instead of Hypno to provide more offensive presence and a dangerous breaker especially into the opposing fat mus, it definitely had the potential to win in this game if I made some more aggressive plays with it later but was an unfortunate game that I wish I subbed out of in hindsight.

Week 5 vs Gorgie (W)

:granbull: :qwilfish: :dodrio: :nidoqueen: :hypno: :omastar:
https://pokepast.es/451ca79803cc9120

Was feeling better this week and up for the chance for redemption. Gorgie was absolutely a tough opponent to face, he'd mostly brought some older style teams and also some BP so I thought my Dodrio team from UUSD could be a really cool pick here since LS + Dodrio is such a deadly combination at breaking into bulkier teams while Lead Curse LK Bull has such a fantastic opening into the offensive matchups. Gorgie ended up bringing a BP team and the Lead Bull ended up claiming quite a few lives immediately. Missplayed near the end vs his Politoed with not just sacking something to sleep and then revenging it, but was still favoured to win RNG wise due to him having to hit multiple LK's consecutively and Hypno having a 50% recurrent chance to pull Psychic evnetually due to the Politoed not being able to get out of range with Leftovers. Was a fun game that I wish was slightly cleaner in the end, with Dodrio getting very unfortunate Sleep Talk pulls, Granbull missing an initial huge lovely kiss and then critting later, and me choking away a 100% endgame, but was definitely happy with the team choice.

Week 6 vs Holly (W)

:nidoqueen: :hypno: :granbull: :omastar: :qwilfish: :politoed:
https://pokepast.es/c9a7c97c5da5e65f

Playing Holly is always an interesting one since she's a creative builder who knows me better than almost anyone in this tier. I'd kinda settled on using a Growth Politoed team vs her a few weeks before this match, since it's a set she's made very clear that she isn't fond of and that I noticed she sometimes builds fairly weak to, although she definitely has plenty of teams she's fond of like LanturnPilo that it'd really struggle into (but suspected she wouldn't bring). Wanted to take the more standard LS Hypno + Nidoqueen/Bull sorta structure here to provide myself with the ability to really play into all matchups pretty comfortably, definitely arguably the strongest structure in this tier in general and always leaves you room to outplay matchups to an extent (see my game vs thor in uusd with nidoqueen turning into a literal mime and gyara check under screens LOL). What i liked about this team structure was it really had Politoed sitting more as just a solid glue to help check Piloswine and Nidoqueen and left it in a position where it wouldn't subtract any value at all even if it had an awful matchup as a win con, but the choice to use Piloswine really played off in the match and landed an amazing matchup that Holly unfortunately couldn't outplay.

Week 7 vs Mystras Leoxses (Subbed out for Celebiii)

:mr-mime: :kadabra: :granbull: :nidoqueen: :qwilfish: :slowbro:
https://pokepast.es/e1109e5ccd3e5744

This team was actually prepared for Thor to use against Cel in UUFPL but I loved what I'd done with it so much that I planned to bring it vs Mystras too at first, although we ended up being confirmed in Poffs before I got to play so agreed to sub out so that Cel could get his well deserved chance to play, and Cel decided to bring a different team as he found this awkward to use himself, but I loved this team so wanted to include it anyway. Team was essentially an upgraded version of my old SubNM Kadabra team from Classic vs Pak and later UUSD vs Raptor, I thought it'd be a solid choice vs Cel with his choice of Mime/Hypno reliant structures for Psychics. I'd already explained the previous version of the team in detail in the UUSD dump thread but the major changes here were to explore a Heal Bell Granbull instead of Gyarados, which would really solve some of the teams less savoury RestTalk Mime MUs by letting you get much more aggrsesive with Kadabra into it without fear of Paralysis, and running Reflect > Hypnosis on Mime to compensate for no longer needing to try and force RestTalk Mime asleep, letting it potentially aid its teammates in facing off against stuff like Piloswine and Granbull. Fun team that I'd definitely recommend trying out, Heal Bell Bull opens up a load of options on this team in general with letting Nidoqueen get more aggressive against stuff like Jumpluff too while being able to simply clear off Paralysis later.

Semifinals vs HSA (W)

:piloswine: :lanturn: :gligar: :qwilfish: :haunter: :blastoise:
https://pokepast.es/39da644efe7f80f8

This rematch was definitely hype af for me, I was excited to see what I could potentially pull off here especially in the high value situation of poffs. I was honestly struggling to get the motivation to build for a while and was struggling to come up with ideas that I liked, I did know however that I really wanted to try using a double Ground structure vs HSA due to how deadly a Piloswine + Nidoqueen combination could be especially into fatter mus where the extra PP from both of them really compensates for some of the limited time issues in terms of breaking. Ended up going for a Gligar route over Nidoqueen as I found it simply made a bunch of mus more savoury to build with, and thought it was just a really cool sleeper pick in general and could really be a threat of a breaker too with the ThiefScreech + Spikes combo. Ended up building an adaptation of the "standard" LanturnPilo team here, I really loved what Gligar offered the team over Pluff in a sense as it patches up a lot of the breaking issues I find the team can have into bulkier matchups, between offering a secondary Thief to target stuff like Stoise and Gyarados, extra breaking with Screech + Spikes (also forces switches nicely like Leech+Spikes+Encore Pluff does but with an actual offensive output against some stuff like Qwil/Stoise that you let in), and a way to really support Piloswine (and the reverse for Pilo to Gligar) in terms of overwhelming waters. Ended up playing around with the Haunter set a little in this situation as I was running it as my main Bull answer now, a situation I'm not usually fond of but found necessary and adequate in the teambuilder this time, especially since Piloswine + Lanturn can put enough pressure on it if necessary to trade Haunter with something. Thief Dbond Haunter let me keep the second Thiefer on the team while still having the ability to properly trade with a Curse HP Ground Bull, but it had some cooler applications in practice games than I was expecting and found it a really solid set and not a compromise at all, with it being much harder to necessarily stop it making the trades it wants with Dbond compared to Boom due to the inability to switch in stuff like Qwilfish or a low HP mob to absorb the move. Decided to take the HP Elec Stoise approach in the game despite it making the team a bit weaker to Piloswine, I thought the offensive potential it offered the team was absolutely huge with its ability to better clear off Spikes vs Curse Qwilfish and potentially cripple an unsuspecting Gyarados with a massive 50-60% hit, and that the rewards this offered were more than worth having to play more carefully into Pilo. Also made the choice to run lead Piloswine over lead Lanturn on this team compared to the original holly version, feel like its the optimal lead choice into a lot of mus for this team but especially into HSA who had a lot of lead Psychic/Electric usage as well as lead Piloswine too who I wouldn't really wanna give the free turn to, and it being fairly nice as a lead into a potential BP bring too. Was a fun game in the end and loved the team choice, definitely enjoyed what I did with the popular LanturnPilo concept here and would recommend trying it out, Screech Gligar is a really nasty pick to use for sure.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
time to throw my oras builds in. big thanks to mence/sage/highways for a vast majority of the prep/input on these teams; a huge part of my playoff wins were directly linked to our prep, and despite me bungling certain sequences in both games, the mons we intended to build around really shined at each given moment.

ironically, this was the one team where i can confidently say that i took an L on the builder. the updated paste has heavy slam > gyro ball on forry, but unfortunately i ran the latter and it turned out to be the nail in the coffin vs cm florges. anyways, earth pl8 krook was something that I rly wanted to try out since it had some pretty nice applications (guaranteed ohko on empoleon, doing ~50 to max def florges, etc.). yache berry was filler af on rotom (could prob go occa/pl8), but wisp + pain split definitely woulda had some cool applications this battle had i not lost on the spot. scarf shao cus i needed another fast mon alongside aero and it has u turn, specs sylv cus strong, adamant aero cus strong, and max spdef on forry so it didn't immediately die to fairies.

the mvp of this match and true menace himself, ramoswine. spA was intended to kill every normal seis spread while speed was enough to outpace max neutral 70s (239 to be exact), but turns out that accel loaded a fatass mega pert that took an absolute max roll for me to ohko. subdd gyara was another huge focus on this squad, but my gyara spread (which i will not reveal here) ended up mattering a bit here since +3 sneak after the brave bird chip woulda done my gyara in. brave bird > foul play on mandi since i wanted to punish any rose/shao expecting to get a free sludge/knock on mandi, but that was damn nearly a mistake since accel ended up loading doublade vs me. scarf hw garde cus needed some speed control and this team rly appreciates hw (which i ended up not clicking because i'm fucking dumb), and np u turn celebi cus i wanted smth that could threaten fat waters while giving me another option to u turn into mamo.

roar cune + tspikes was the first thing that came to mind when scouting kt, and man, did the former pay off big time. initially, i had two drafts between this one and a more offensively-oriented team with tspikes rose + aero, but ultimately decided to run the balance build here. i opted for modest nidoking, which ended up putting in a shit ton of work, and i went tbolt > ice beam since it looked to be a better mid-ground option vs whatever i anticipated kt to bring. i went impish nature on aggron to tank strong physical hits from shit like heracross a bit better while still being able to trade damage with nidos, while calm nature florges really came in clutch as well, as there was a very strong possibility that kt would have ko'd it had i ran bold nature. initially we considered running haze > u-turn on bat since we didn't want a shitty endgame situation with reuniclus, but all it did was underspeed whimsicott and then die anyways :skull:. finally av shao w/ aerial ace is there cus it's annoying + i could potentially nuke a hera.

finally, huge s/o to km (and mence/sage maybe?) for drafting me and slotting me in oras after week 5, which allowed me to play oras in fpl where i'm unironically doing worse lmao

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Yo gonna post some ADV stuff.

Had a lot of fun this year in Smashers even without getting in playoffs so big thanks to rob/clark for getting me back on the franchise, it's always fun teaming with you guys as well as others I've wanted to team with like Pak and Gondra. As with last year, no idea if this was my last year in ADV since I'd probably like to try to play/master a different gen if I'm still around by next year. Gonna keep the explanations fairly straightforward and will not be including spreads for obvious reasons.

Week 1 vs osgoode Replay
:ampharos: :tentacruel: :walrein: :kangaskhan: :omastar: :scyther:
VIII. L.E.S. (Ampharos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

III. TELEGRAPH AVE (Tentacruel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Modest Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Rapid Spin

I. PINK TOES (Walrein) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Shiny: Yes
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest

VI. HEARTBEAT (Kangaskhan) @ Leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
Careful Nature
- Return
- Toxic
- Wish
- Rest

III. BONFIRE (Omastar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam

II. WORLDSTAR (Scyther) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Aerial Ace
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack

Honestly one of the more cool teams I brought this UUPL. I wanted to try out a Rest sweeper since osgoode was presumably unfamiliar with ADV UU and Heysup was on his team so I was expecting some Missy bullshit. Decided on Walrein and it worked out pretty well in the end once Missy was eliminated it just steamrolled the rest of the team.

Week 2 vs anti Replay
:glalie: :banette: :stantler: :linoone: :gorebyss: :vileplume:
HURRICANE (Glalie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Modest Nature
- Explosion
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Icy Wind

RUNAWAY (Banette) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Insomnia
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Endure
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

POWER (Stantler) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

MONSTER (Linoone) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Pickup
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

FEEDBACK (Gorebyss) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Rain Dance

MERCY (Vileplume) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day

Another week against someone who was (presumably) unfamiliar with ADV UU, so I decided to run the standard HO LOL. Nothing really special about this team that everyone's seen besides the Salac on Linoone, which can steamroll if it gets put into the range. Anyways, nothing much else to say about this team, HO kinda sucks atm but it's still cheesy.

Week 3 vs Fatty Replay
:ampharos: :tentacruel: :kangaskhan: :gligar: :solrock: :scyther:
CHRISTOPHER WALKIN (Ampharos) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

ELEMENT (Tentacruel) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

WOLVES (NAV) (Kangaskhan) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Return
- Toxic
- Wish
- Rest

SHAKE THE ROOM (Gligar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Quick Attack

MANNEQUIN (Solrock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Impish Nature
- Reflect
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

DREAMING (Scyther) (M) @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Reversal
- Endure
- Swords Dance

So this week I wanted to try my hardest to build/bring the perfect team against fatty since he was one of the top people in the pool and was building his own stuff. Decided to bring a revised version of my Spike-less double SD team that has extra measures vs Electrics (since fatty has an extreme hard-on for Manectric). The team choice was perfect but the game didn't really go as planned with a couple freezes and a Toxic miss early that swayed the game extremely in fatty's favor; it happens though, still really happy with the team choice.

Week 4 vs Rosey Replay
:kangaskhan: :tentacruel: :ampharos: :slowking: :omastar: :scyther:
DON'T PLAY THAT (Kangaskhan) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Return
- Toxic
- Wish
- Rest

1.5 (Tentacruel) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

ALL MY FRIENDS (Ampharos) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

MONSTER (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Rest

CANT LEAVE W/O IT (Omastar)
Ability: Shell Armor
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Surf
- Thief

4L (Scyther) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Aerial Ace
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack

This week was super odd for me since Rosey's scout was one of the worst things I've ever seen up until that week LOL. Had a common theme of Gorebyss, spikes, and not a lot of Scyther's, so Slowking seemed like the best way to go. Omastar w/ Thief and Spikes support to slowly wittle the Slowking checks (mostly like Amph and Kanga can be annoying) was the perfect partner for it. As for the game, it wasn't really a good one with the big Scyther crit that would've put it in Swarm range, but it all evened out after the Stun Spore miss later ig. Overall, really proud of this team and probably one of the best ones I've built with the Stars and a few people in ADVPL using it.

Week 5 vs AHD Replay
:walrein: :Kangaskhan: :omastar: :vileplume: :tentacruel: :scyther:
NAIL TECH (Walrein) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake
- Roar

WAY OUT (Kangaskhan) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Return
- Toxic
- Wish
- Rest

HEY BIG HEAD (Omastar)
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Surf
- Thief

SUNDOWN (Vileplume) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Moonlight

CODY BANKS (Tentacruel) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

DARK KNIGHT (Scyther) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Aerial Ace
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack

Admittedly I hit a building block this week; I wanted to bring some Haram Pig lead stuff but it didn't really do well in tests since Wish Kanga + Tentacruel is REALLY hard for those types of pig builds to break. Just brought the most standard team ever with the big 6 and rolled with it... nothing much else to say.

Week 6 vs Hyoga Replay
:granbull: :kangaskhan: :tentacruel: :ampharos: :omastar: :scyther:
ILLUMINATE (Granbull) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Thunder Wave

TERRORIST THREATS (Kangaskhan) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Return
- Toxic
- Wish
- Rest

UNNECESSARY (Tentacruel) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

GODS REIGN (Ampharos) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

BLOODY WATERS (Omastar) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam

SOPA (Scyther) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Aerial Ace
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack

Took the farming team and added my own take on it with the T-wave Granbull. Para moves/T-wave is really limited in the tier and it's ridiculously obnoxious when it's brought. As for the game, I kinda tossed it at the end against the Walrein; I should've just gone hard Scyther on the sleeping Walrus. The last thing I expected to be brought vs me was a Curse Walrein when I had brought 3/5 Ampharos up until that point but I digress.

Other sets I wanted to bring:

Granbull @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

GSC bull, sits on a lot of standard teams and actually has some pretty impressive calcs vs special Pokemon once it gets going/paras some of its checks. Obviously the ADV Sleep Talk mechanics hurt it so it would be best to pair it with a cleric but I think it's still a potent set. Just don't bring it against Heysup good god.

140+ SpA Walrein Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Granbull: 123-145 (32 - 37.7%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Omastar Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Granbull: 114-135 (29.6 - 35.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tentacruel Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Granbull: 112-132 (29.1 - 34.3%) -- 99.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Vileplume @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore
- Moonlight

As I said before, paraspam is wildly obnoxious and this is easily one of the biggest abusers. Abuses it by para'ing its checks like Gligar/Scyther on the switch and opens that up for its teammates or goes ham later by itself with SD. Hate playing against it but its legitimately one of the better plume sets I've seen.

Pak

fly higher
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
This is the most active I've been in SM in years aside from last UUPL so just wanted to drop some stuff I thought was cool or fun. I built new stuff for Gondra most weeks and had much more fun than I anticipated. I did like a lot of the team comps I came up with but there weren't many crazy sets I ended up using to specifically share here. Also I only played like 3 games in SMPL, but I did finally get to use some ideas that were sitting in my builder a while so might as well bring those up. Probably going to leave out my ORAS stuff in favor of my thread.

UUPL
1651927434679.png

Hydreigon @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon

- Roost

Breaker Hydreigon has always been one of my favorite mons to use in SM, but more commonly with like Dark Pulse/Fire Blast/Steel Z Flash. Idk how this set came about. Maybe it was when I used a bit of Defog with Dark Pulse Focus Blast and I just went ay if this thing could hit Fairies it would be lit nasty. That's pretty much the gist anyway here. The surprise factor really came into play at the end here, as Gondra surprised an Infernape with Fight Z that would have resisted all coverage of the more traditional set. Fight Z just does some cool shit and you're not walled by opposing Hydra and stuff. Raw Flash Cannon still does enough to Toge and Altaria and stuff especially with hazards. People called me some mean names when I was testing this but I swear it's actually pretty fire. Here specifically, I really liked its ability to nuke Empoleon and the boys for Pidg.

SMPL
1651928337226.png

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

This may seem like one of those sets where the kids go "lmao why wouldnt you just use Nidoking" but I actually did like it a lot in theory and in testing. There are two things about SM UU. 1) Random bits of surprise factor can blow a game wide open, which is why I personally don't like re-using teams even though it does remain very doable in comparison to other tiers. 2) Amoonguss is lowkey broken because Spore is dumb as shit. The team I used this set one was really shaky into Amoonguss overall and there wasn't really a way to stop Spore from OHKOing something or truly pressure it out of doing so. Then I was like, ay what if I took this generic rocks Nidoqueen and went full breaker with it? They would legit always lead the mushroom into this team and Spore, so I could lead Nidoqueen and basically kill 2 and auto win, as opposed to doing 75 with Ice Beam and having it Regen back to full. There's also that thing with Nidoqueen when you use it where every time you click rocks you wonder if it was even worth it since this thing is such a potent breaker. This concept alleviated that moral dilemma too. The reason I kept Nidoqueen aside from the surprise factor is that is remains much better at trading vs mons like Aero and also soft checking Mane much better than king would.

1651928704664.png

Toxicroak @ Safety Goggles / Fightinium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch / Ice Punch / Whatever
- Swords Dance

Before I get clowned: I genuinely think this mon is pretty solid. I had a decent week stretch where I built and tested a ton with this thing and it pulls its weight much better than you would think. My concept was that I could pair it with Specs Primarina, which naturally has some trouble into mons like Empoleon and Tentacruel, which Toxicroak obviously loves to see. Prim also abuses some of the bulkier grounds in return. I fucked around with basically everything listed on this set and they were all fine enough. Fight Z Low Kick is actually pretty strong and can give it some necessary extra punch vs mons like Mega Aggron and Hippo. Goggles isn't nearly as bad as you would think it is either. Something something I hate Amoonguss. It can prevent Spore from OHKOing a mon and set up decently comfortably in its face. It's not something you would put on a team by accident but I swear it has a pretty decent niche, especially with Empoleon rising up more and more.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)