UU Updates - Council Minutes & Community Surveys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Hey! I forgot to say this a while ago but we've had some council shakeups recently. Kink (who I already announced but idc), robjr, Hogg, TonyFlygon and vivalospride have opted to step down from their council positions for the time being. Thank you all so much for all you've done over the years, here's hoping you all stick around!!

In their place we've elected three new council members: Amane Misa will be returning after her hiatus, and joining her are two new faces in TSR and the discharger, known formally as Askov. Welcome aboard guys!

Be on the lookout for a potential suspect soon since we just can't seem to get enough of those, but that's all for now. Hope you guys are enjoying the Clangerless tier! o7

Lily

is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
What's up guys, we've got another survey available rfn:

SS UU Survey 01/01/22 - Thundurus-Therian

A hot topic across the council and the community for sure. We originally promised a Thundy-T test right after the Mienshao one but delayed it a little because of the holidays, and now we'd like to know how you guys feel after the short time period we've post-Mienshao. If there's still significant community support we'll go through with this test, otherwise we'll keep monitoring it as a possibility for the future and think about different things for now.

This survey will be open until Sunday, January 2nd, probably fairly late (+0).

Thanks all, and happy new year!!

Lily

UU Leader
Lol I'm so bad whoops sorry

ANYWAY here are the survey results:

Seems people are enjoying the tier a bit more than usual rn! That's great to see and hopefully it stays this way post-Mienshao.

Similarly, you guys are finding the tier quite competitive at the moment, which ofc is our main goal so that's great too.

The votes on whether or not we should test Thundurus were quite close, with only 1 person making the difference. We held an internal vote in council which ended up 7-5 in favour of testing the cloud man so we went ahead and did it as you can see here. We were very unsure about whether or not this was the way to go, so hopefully it works out.

The majority of people thought there were no issues in the tier (beyond Thundurus) which is great. We saw some responses for various things; lots of Amoonguss, some Aegislash, a couple of Excadrills, Acupressure and a complaint about my dictatorship. We'll be keeping all of these in mind in the future but for now, we feel none of them are pressing.

---

On top of this, I'd like to welcome our newest council additions - Monky25, Lyss and KM! Be sure to say your congrats; there may or may not be one more in the nearish future, who knows?

thanks for all the feedback as usual guys ily

Lily

UU Leader
Some council updates:

Seems I forgot to mention but we added avarice to council a while back! Congrats even tho it's been like months lol

On top of that, pokemonisfun recently stepped back from his council position. Thank you for everything you've done pif; I hope you continue to stick around & grow your own community.

Taking pif's place is umbry, one of the most talented UUers as of late with a long string of tournament results that show how dominant she really is. Be sure to congratulate her!

Lily

UU Leader
Here are the survey results! We sent out a high-qualification survey this time as well as the public one; this was just an attempt to gauge the differences in opinion between the general public and the tournament playerbase. The screenshots here will be that of the public survey as that is more relevant overall, but I will attach the data of the more private one in spoiler tags as well for those curious.

Overall enjoyment for the general playerbase is pretty high as usual, though there is noticeably more dislike than there was last time. Strangely, average competitiveness is lower than average enjoyment (edit: i can't read LMAO this is for sure not true) - I may be wrong here, but I think that's the first time this has happened, at least for UU. Something to think about for sure.

Figures are somewhat similar to the public survey, with a fair bit more dissenting opinion - to be expected from a more dedicated playerbase though, especially with a pretty small sample size.

Primarina
Overall fairly contentious, with 41.2% of public voters being in favour of a suspect test for Primarina. This was notably much lower in the private version of the survey, where only 26.1% of responders wanted to test it.

Hippowdon
Pretty resounding no here; neither the public survey or the private survey had any significant desire to suspect test the immortal hippo.

Celesteela
Celesteela's results were similar to Primarina's, with a tiny bit more support on the public survey and the exact same amount on the private version.

Other concerns
A multitude of other things were expressed in the "other" sections for both the public and private survey. For example, on the public survey, there were calls to suspect test Gyarados and Registeel, and even Tangrowth. On the private variant, there was a little bit of support to get rid of Gyarados and Galarian Slowbro. There were also some cute comments thanking us for the survey and a few people that wanted me to get demoted, so that was pretty cool.

Overall it's pretty hard to move forward with this data. There's nothing at all conclusive, but there is still a reasonable amount of dissenting opinion. We'll continue to discuss as a council what to do, and we'll keep these survey results in mind, but do keep in mind that we're not necessarily bound to them.

Thanks to all responders! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)