UU Teambuilding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh okay so mine is fine then?
Not exactly. There are much better users of Choice Band and Fighting-types in general than Gallade. Trust me, I love Gallade, but Choice Band Machamp and Mienshao can pull off a Fighting-type Choice Band users), and there are also better Choice Band users in general. Also, Gallade doesn't to the "exact same thing" because it can't come in for free on Scald and threaten pretty much every bulky Water-type ever.

Also, A) nobody would switch in Crobat on Gallade because of its Psychic-type STAB and B) Crobat, after it comes in, threatens it with Acrobatics or Brave Bird

Delphox @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Switcheroo
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Overheat

Role: Special Attacker, Wallbreaker

What it does: Delphox dismantles defensive cores if used correctly. Specs Overheat does a shitload to everything in the tier bar Blissey, Umbreon, Goodra, and bulky waters (and even they don't like taking those hits). Grass Knot provides coverage on water types such as Milotic, Swampert, M-Blastoise, Suicune, etc., while Psyshock bops special walls like Blissey & Goodra for a 2HKO on each after SR. Switcheroo is used to cripple walls (primarily Umbreon and Porygon2), fuck up CroCune, etc. It is in a unique speed tier and has respectable bulk.

Good Teammates: Delphox has good offensive synergy with fast fighting types such as Mienshao, Lucario, and Cobalion because it lures in dark types such as Umbreon, Hydriegon, and Houndoom. Snorlax is also a great partner because it can tank special attacks from Houndoom, Hydriegon, and Chandelure and fire back with strong physical attacks. M-Blastoise has great offensive synergy with Delphox and it can spin away Stealth Rocks to make for an easier time switching in. Support Whimsicott has great defensive synergy with Delphox as it can take the ground, dark, and water attacks thrown its way and can spread paralysis through the opposing team to create more opportunities for Delphox to poke holes in the team.

What counters it
: Houndoom hard counters it and can be quite frighting if it gets a Flash Fire boost, Chandelure is also a threat if it switches in on an Overheat. Umbreon can take Delphox's hits all day but is crippled when give a Choice Specs. Hydriegon resists all of Delphox's moves but it still loses a 50% chunk of its HP when switching in. If at full HP Vaporeon can switch in safely no matter what move is chosen (Grass Knot does 41.8 - 49.4%). Specially defensive P2 can eat up hits but fears losing its eviolite.

Additional Info: I am currently sitting at a ladder rating of 1617 (on my alt acc. Punnelby) which I achieved using a team with this set on it.
Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-177298314
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-177283752

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Role: Physical Sweeper and Bulky Attacker

What it does: Switches in on a wall (other than fairies) and starts to set up bulk ups, preferably after all of the fairy types on the opponents team have been taken out, and almost always sweeps from there. This set can take a dazzling gleam or a focus blast from an alakazam, and retaliate with a knock off. The shed skin allows it to switch in on a wall that can status it and either rest up, or pray for the shed skin to activate.

Good Teammates: Scrafty, especially the bulk up variant, teams up well with poison or fighting types to get rid of the fairy weakness and scrafty is a great lure for those fairy types, so you can just switch into them to scare off the fairies. Some of my favorites are metagross (a steel poke without the weakness to fighting that scrafty has), doublade (for the same reason), mixed nidoqueen/king (to destroy the incoming florges with a poison jab), or jirachi (same reason as metagross).

What counters it: Pokes like florges, hippo, quagsire, and any fairy type ever. Quagsire takes about 20% from a boosted knock off, and 15% from a drain punch. Hippo can whirlwind scraty out while taking any hit, scrafty only dealing about a third of its HP at +3. The fairies resist both of scrafty's moves, and almost ohko it with moonblast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)