Gen 5 UU team built around Heracross

My Choice Banded Heracross team. The idea is to use hazards like Stealth Rock and Spikes along with status conditions like paralysis/burns/poison to give either Heracross or Raikou an easier time to set up or break through the opponents team.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Tail

I needed a Stealth Rock user that resisted flying/fire moves for Heracross. Earthquake and Rock Blast has good coverage. Dragon Tail forces an opponents pokemon to switch out.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

In order to give Heracross a better chance to break past pokemon I decided to team it up with a Spikes user. Giga Drain beats Rhyperior and Swampert and keeps Roserade healthy. Sludge Bomb carries a decent chance of poison. The combination of Rest and Natural Cure keeps Roserade healthy.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

I needed a pokemon that could switch in physical attacks and water moves for Rhyperior. Scald can burn the opponents pokemon, making it easier to switch into their moves. Slack Off and Regenerator help to keep Slowbro healthy. Thunder Wave allows Heracross to outspeed pokemon it normally wouldn't.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Close Combat and Megahorn hit hard, with Stone Edge and Earthquake allowing Heracross to hit flying and poison type pokemon hard.

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

A special set of Victini. Blue Flare is chosen over V-Create to avoid the stat drops as well as the 20% burn chance. Psychic is a safe attack to use against checks to Victini. Grass Knot threatens Swampert and Rhyperior and does decent damage to pokemon such as Milotic. Focus Blast deals with dark type pokemon like Umbreon and normal types.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Substitute protects Raikou from status moves and gives it the opportunity to set up with Calm Mind. Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice give Raikou a psuedo BoltBeam combination that is only resisted by Rotom-H, Magneton, and Lanturn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)