UU Stats: August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't about CM wars, sorry if this comes off as a bit rude, but imo you're arguing for the sake of arguing. Uhm, CM wars imo is p rare in UU, CM slowbro being even rarer. Suicune's special bulk imo makes it a wayyy better sweeper, while also shrugging off status. A well played suicune doesn't need to have reliable recovery as long as you heal at the right time. Also it has massive physical defense so it can take psyshockes, but that's beside the point. Gligar imo is a TERRIBLE argument. It sucks in this meta, period. Also shed skin variants of scrafty outstall it. And imo these are easily top 5 setup sweepers.
tl;dr ilove scrafty and suicune
I actually agree with Patrick. Neither Scrafty nor Suicune seem as good as they once were about a year ago. Dragon dance scrafty is near unviable becuase of all the scarfed fighting types and with offensive roserade now a thing, calm mind suicune has a harder time to sweep. BU scrafty has a lot of significant weaknesses too and gets destroyed by the very common heracross (it can zen headbutt but BU scrafty almost never runs this over rest plus it doesn't ko hera). On top of this scrafty really isn't that bulky in the first place, reaching only 334 HP max and can get pummeled on the special side by things like specs Kingdra and Togekiss even if it's boosted its defense.

I love suicune too but it also faces competition from other setup sweepers like raikou and even though it has great defenses, its defensive typing is somewhat mediocre and only really helps against darm anymore (it no longer appreciates switching into victini). It too can get pummeled by sets that didn't really get used before like banded/swords dance heracross and LO roserade.

I actually agree with Patrick. Neither Scrafty nor Suicune seem as good as they once were about a year ago. Dragon dance scrafty is near unviable becuase of all the scarfed fighting types and with offensive roserade now a thing, calm mind suicune has a harder time to sweep. BU scrafty has a lot of significant weaknesses too and gets destroyed by the very common heracross (it can zen headbutt but BU scrafty almost never runs this over rest plus it doesn't ko hera). On top of this scrafty really isn't that bulky in the first place, reaching only 334 HP max and can get pummeled on the special side by things like specs Kingdra and Togekiss even if it's boosted its defense.

I love suicune too but it also faces competition from other setup sweepers like raikou and even though it has great defenses, its defensive typing is somewhat mediocre and only really helps against darm anymore (it no longer appreciates switching into victini). It too can get pummeled by sets that didn't really get used before like banded/swords dance heracross and LO roserade.
Most teams get ripped apart by a +2 scrafty, which for your information outspeeds CS hera. Hera can't really come in on the DD as it will get destroyed by zen headbutt. And there are literally like 5 things able to stop crocune. Once I had actually pressure stalled a seismitoad lol. Overall, they might not be S rank shit but they are fucking amazing. BU scrafty is terrible, i agree.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
How is Mienshao's performance in UU?
Mienshao is a fucking beast. Fits easily on almost any team, hits like a truck, grabs momentum, can allow itself to make small mistakes due to Regenerator, there's not much that can safely switch into it, I love it. If you'd ask me Shao's S-rank, but that's for another thread.

As for Suicune: Crocune still works really well. People seem to forget, but the idea of him is to be able to sweep later on in the game, once its checks and counters are removed from play. Honestly, offensive Roserade isn't that hard to deal with as long as you have proper team support, anything that can take a hit and hit it back with a strong physical move can end it, as Rade's physical bulk is pathetic. Shit like Kingdra DD Kingdra is scary, admittedly, but Suicune generally finds opportunity to set up and honestly, it is SCARY (not to mention it can sponge some really strong physical hits such as Darmanitan's Flare Blitz and even some Mienshao's HJKs).

On that note, Scrafty, while cool as fuck, just doesn't really perform well considering Scarfshao and Scarfcross are very common and outspeed him at +1 (I'm not sure but doesn't Scarfshao outspeed him at +2 too?) and can OHKO him without breaking a sweat. On top of that, Scrafty needs a boost before he can really do much, which means you can easily switch in Scarfcross on the DD and force him out (he can't even hit you properly if he lacks Zen Headbutt anyway so eh). I just never really find much setup opportunity when playing with Scrafty, I'd rather use Kingdra for setup shenanigans in that regard.

Most teams get ripped apart by a +2 scrafty, which for your information outspeeds CS hera. Hera can't really come in on the DD as it will get destroyed by zen headbutt. And there are literally like 5 things able to stop crocune. Once I had actually pressure stalled a seismitoad lol. Overall, they might not be S rank shit but they are fucking amazing. BU scrafty is terrible, i agree.
They are very good but predictabke which makes it tough. Mienshao can go mixed subsd scarfed etc.. hera can play major mind tricks. I think guts hera is a huge threat since most people rely on sableye or cof to check hera. If you slap a choice band and inflict status hera can 2 to 3hko almost the entire metagame including gligar. Scrafty and suicune are fairluly one dimensionak whivh hurts. The part that really hurts is that mosg options are covered by the same threats. Roserade threatens suicune always. Crobat can check any scrafty set at +1 whether bu or dd. You need to predict the zen headbutt in order to catch crobat on the switch which leaves room for error on your part thus increasing the risks. If you zen headbutt ir hjk on a predicted crobat and face a cofagrigus your just lost any chance of momentum.
Again they are very good but they are predictable and can be easily played around with uu top pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)