Tournament UU Snake Draft III - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
good run Dragonairs, unfortunately I wasn't powerful enough to counteract IP's curse or train my Primarina better :pensive: Public shoutout to Parpar and Seldanna for coming into this field as newcomers and completely holding their own while also being part of the team environment, pick them up @ future managers. Some tiebreaker predicts to make this post not worthless.

SS UU: Snowy vs pdt (30-70)
Snowy was not a name I expected to resurface in 2022, but it's been fun seeing him around again in World Cup and various lower tiers. However, he has run into a slight problem this tiebreak. pdt has been nothing short of dominant this cycle, sleepwalking to positive records in every lower tier imaginable and looking effortless while doing it. Gonna really need to channel Snowjama energy to get through this matchup, but I just don't see it happening bar a major error in the builder for the Wurmples. Strong edge pdt, curious if Volcanions didn't want to start Allen-Xia because he already lost this matchup? I thought he fell behind mostly on the margins with some unfortunate odds and losing his Salamence Outrage punish to an Iron Head flinch, would have enjoyed seeing this rematch.

SM UU: Adaam vs robjr (52-48)
Fun to see two of the top players from gen 7 CG get to duke it out once again. I like Adaam's general team spread, with favoring of both his Volt Turns and fatter builds into Rob's typical BO and Sand stuff that has great options vs. offense but can sometimes be vortexed and outstalled, but this is flipped a little bit with rob having the option of pdt / corazan influence to diversify himself. Both are strong and super experienced in game; I'd give Adaam a slight edge here on current overall playing form, but robert has played way more SM this season and being on a hot streak in the tier will give him some mojo. Both players have not been afraid to bust out Spikes Offense in the past despite it not being their favored playstyle, and the threat of Sharpedo and Mimikyu will certainly be looming. The added unpredictability rob gets with his support options really is gonna elevate this game, and I have a hard time calling a decisive favorite. Adaam gets the miniscule edge for me just based on overall subforum track record, with rob being more of a generalist at this stage in his career, but this is easily the highlight match and one you shouldn't miss.

ADV UU: Heysup vs Punny (40-60)
It's tough to bold against my Sisters teammate and current 6-2 record holder Heysup, but Punny in a tiebreak with a tier where he can extend the game if he wants to sounds like a death sentence. Drops ADV does have more breaking power than vanilla does, but we still see the long games where Punny excels at finding small advantages. Especially with his lower tiers background I think he will have more ease than the average tour player transitioning to a new tier. Heysup's biggest advantages will be the comfort he has with basic sequences like forcing Kanga Rest loops and fishing Statics, and the surprise factor of his build, which will likely be more inspired, but riskier. Screwing around in the builder to the levels of Kanga-less Magmar will almost certainly be punished, but I trust he will at least make sure to have plans for the meta staples in a high stakes situation. He has more than a puncher's chance at taking down a player of Punny's caliber, but it is hard to bold against the track record we have seen.

Think the Volcanions erred not picking RBY (somehow lmfao) here with how strong Torchic has looked and the subpar showing of Wurmples' options, but looking forward to this tiebreak regardless, especially SM. Good luck and a clean series to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)