Tournament UU Snake Draft III - Commencement Thread

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader

shoutouts to lydian for the amazing artwork!
hosted by Estarossa

Hello! Welcome to the third edition of the UU Snake Draft! Every year, 8 teams with 10 starters will fight on the big stage and try to come out on top. Who will win? Be sure to stick around and find out! As always, any feedback on the tournament and how it's being run is much appreciated.

You can sign up here.

The teams and respective managers are as follows!

Team A: L.A.P.R.A.S. - Aqua Jet and pokemonisfun
Team B: Wild Wordle Wurmples - bb skarm and Cam
Team C: The Hydrophobic Volcanions - justdrew and Sirwings
Team D: Dragon's Den Dragonairs - Indigo Plateau and Sage
Team E: TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name - TDK and Pearl
Team F: Paniola Primarinas - Lily and Jade
Team G: Sinistea Ministry - KM and mncmt
Team H: Lake of Outrage Sandacondas - Highways and gum

The format for this tournament will be:
Code:
SS UU
SS UU
SS UU
SM UU
ORAS UU
BW UU
DPP UU
ADV UU
GSC UU
RBY UU
Best of luck to everyone participating!

Last edited:

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hello everyone! First of all, Sirwings and I are both very excited to manage UUSD III. We weren't expecting to get a spot but we're delighted and thankful for this opportunity. Now let's get into what specifically we're gonna do before the tour starts.

So I both created the original UUFPL and managed a team this year. I'm really driven to give new players an opportunity. So if you're saying to yourself, "oh I won't be drafted," please stop being silly and just reach out to me. I'd love to talk or look at replays. If you're an established player who's interested in being a Volcanion, please also reach out and express your interest. We may be new to managing one of the official tours, but we are none the less driven to succeed!

Team environment is very important to us so we want good attitudes, funny, class individuals. Go Volcanions!

You can join our tryout Discord and/or just reach out to us individually (justdrew#2920 & Sirwings#7828)

Last edited:
Hello everyone! First of all, Sirwings and I are both very excited to manage UUSD III.
As Drew said, we are indeed inching to do great and have a great time. We'll be looking forward to your application. We'll explain how the try out will go on the discord to make everything clear.

As a side note, i will encourage you to do a waifu bingo in 4x4 format and share your best memes in shitpost. Hope to see you there and gl to everyone!

Hey there. It's seems I'm a fairly unkown player since I'm always picked last for 3k during those tournaments. So heres a quick reminder.

pros :
- a solid player across 3 gen
- god moute / :palico:
- good mood most of the time

cons :
- not the most active player to talk random things
- insanely weak to qcqd slowbro (ptsd)
- sometimes too naive

Achievements in Underused :
UU Open VI - R6 (Top 32/1028)
UU Majors VI - Final (Top 3/120)
UU Masters IV - R9 (Losers bracket)
UU Open XI - R7 (Top 6/384)

"insanely weak to qcqd slowbro (ptsd)" moute has been scarred to life and has been spending his time playing SM UU instead now having no glowbro to worry about

Hey there. It's seems I'm a fairly unkown manager since I am last pick in this tournament. So heres a quick reminder of why you should be happy if you get drafted for my team.

pros :
- my co-manager is gum omfggg like
- brazilian
- i don't practice self-pity

cons :
- sandacondas didn't win a single game in last year's snake
- brazilian
- askov is on the teamchat

Unachievements in Underused :
0-7 in ORAS in UUPL
Lost to freezai (he regret using stall)
I'm 0-1 vs Umbry in individual tournaments (unviable player)
I played GSC UU twice in UUPL (unviable tier)

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
As we're making our draft plans, Estarossa Lily Indigo Plateau can you please tell me (and other managers) if RBY is decided on? Or when you're planning on deciding it if you have not yet?

Thank you for your consideration and hosting!
sorry I didn't see this/don't know if anyone else confirmed but yep RBY is most definitely confirmed to be in the tournament!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)