Tournament UU Rating Competition v2 - Semifinals

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader

approved by rmt hitler eheh

Hosts: Indigo Plateau | Snowy | Sun
Welcome to the latest edition of the Team Rater Competition! The tier this time around will be USM UU. For each round we'll post a team, and participants will have one week to complete a rate of said team. When the round is over, the participants who submitted the best rates will move onto the next round. If you are eliminated and want to receive feedback on your rate, the hosts will be more than happy to provide that upon request. Each round will last one week. Failure to rate the team within the one week time period will result in disqualification unless you're able to give us a valid reason. Please only sign up if you can commit to rating one team every week for the next month. If you're currently involved in or are looking to start rating UU teams, I highly encourage you to participate as this promises to be a great learning experience. Here's to a fun and competitive tournament!

Important notes:
  • The top rates from each round in addition to the rates in the final two rounds will count towards the Team Rater badge
  • The winner will be awarded voice status in the Trainers' School room on PS if they have shown an interest in getting involved.
  • Each round will last one week. Failure to rate the team within the one week time period will result in disqualification unless you're able to give us a valid reason. Please only sign up if you can commit to rating one team every week for the next month.
  • If you are eliminated and would like some feedback on your rate and how you can improve going forward, feel free to ask us.
  • At the end of each round, we will announce the best rate from that round and a quick overview of what we liked in the rates submitted.

Deadline for this round is Friday, November 9 @ 11:59 PM GMT -4. ANY LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION!

Good luck to all participants!

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Moving onto semifinals, we decided to only pick one top rate this time around. All of the rates last round were pretty solid and it was hard for us to pick as hosts, so keep up the good work fellas! That being said, please congratulate Amane Misa for having the top rate last round! :toast:

The first thing I noticed about the team is that in the long run, the team will lose to VoltTurn, as the main Scizor checks are vulnerable to hazards + U-turn racking up damage. Furthermore, while the team had two Defog users, they both had a common weakness to Water-type hazard setters like Swampert, which might be very dangerous in the long run.
  • Defog Hydreigon > Alolan Muk pretty much fixed the problem with hazards, as it is able to beat the majority of Water-type hazard setters. It also kept the Dark-typing for Chandelure and allowed the team to have a better time against Heracross, as it is able to revenge kill it.
  • I also changed Alomomola > Moltres. Moltres' defogging capabilities, nor its breaking capabilities were necessary at this point because of Hydreigon. I wanted something to reliably switch into the kinds of Scizor. It is holding a Rocky Helmet to punish physical attackers even more. I didn't feel like Leftovers was necessary here because Gligar can also stomach physical moves pretty well.
  • Nitpicks time! The team already had a Wish user with Alomomola, so I changed Toxic > Wish on Blissey which helps the Primarina matchup, and the matchup against physical attackers that may try to switch in on Blissey. Furthermore, Alomomola has Knock Off now, so Toxic > Knock Off on Gligar was better to help it beat Stealth Rock setters like Hippowdon more reliably. Lastly, Protect > Toxic on Quagsire allows it to beat setup sweepers like Terrakion and Scizor that rely on their Z-move to break through Quagsire better. It also helps to scout for Choice Item-users.
The rate isn't that long because most the changes are pretty straightforward. Thanks!

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Gligar (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Defog

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Recover

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Below is the team for semifinals:

So I started the team around mixed Mega Altaria + NP Infernape. NP Infernape has the potential to break through a lot of bulkier teams that run around due to its Fire + Fighting + Grass coverage, while Mega Altaria can help me switch into faster Pokemon that can threaten Infernape out, such as Latias, Choice Scarf Hydreigon, and Choice Scarf Krookodile. Infernape also helps wear down Steel-types for Mega Altaria.

Knowing that I was going to be weak to Fairy types and status, I decided to add a defensive backbone of Empoleon + Amoonguss. Empoleon can provide Defog support, which is crucial for both of the aforementioned Pokemon's durability, while also being the best Primarina switch-in that fits this team well. Amoonguss also has amazing defensive synergy with Empoleon, provides a soft Fighting-type check, and can put things to sleep in order to facilitate Infernape's job at sweeping late game.

I was still in need of a Ground-type and Stealth Rock, and Krookodile seemed like the best fit here. Taunt lets me beat a lot of passive Pokemon that usually expect Choice Scarf and gives Infernape more setup opportunities while Iapapa Berry is unexpected and awesome for recovering HP in a pinch against Pokemon like Rotom-H.

The team was still in need of some form of Speed control, so I decided to add Hydreigon thanks to its ability to revenge kill Latias and Krookodile and also provide U-turn support to bring in Infernape. It also fit well since I have some good switch-ins to Fighting- and Fairy- types.

click click click

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)