Tournament UU Premier League X - Semifinals

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader

Shout-outs to Violet for the banner and Ticken for the Records Spreadsheet.

Announcements
Season Schedule
Records Spreadsheet

Tournament Rules and General Guidelines
- Baton Pass is banned ADV UU.
- All standard tournament rules apply
- Best of 3 tiers include SS UU, SM UU and ORAS UU. Both players can decide what tier to play first, and if they can't agree, then the first tier will default to SS UU. Loser picks the tier after that.

Matchups

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (4) vs. (6) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

SS: Meru vs. Fakee
SS: Expulso vs. QWILY Snowy
SS: TJ vs. ProDigeZz
SM: odr vs. Corazan
ORAS: Chaitanya vs. Killintime
BW: crying vs. Amukamara
DPP: LpZ vs. Raichy
ADV: fatty vs. Plas
GSC: Holly vs. Torchic
Bo3: pokemonisfun vs. pdt

Camphrier Town Ladies (3) vs. (6) Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters

SS: freezai vs. Highways
SS: Chaos23333 vs. bbeeaa
SS: Moutemoute vs. Sage
SM: ramolost vs. avarice
ORAS: Accel vs. dingbat
BW: Alkione vs. EviGaro
DPP: Thiago Nunes vs. crayon pop
ADV: Roseybear vs. Heysup
GSC: Estarossa vs. HSA
Bo3: Adaam vs. mncmt

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (0) vs. (0) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

SS: Expulso vs. QWILY

Camphrier Town Ladies (0) vs. (0) Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters

SM: Ramolost vs. avarice

The deadline for Semifinals is: Sunday, April 24th @ 11:59PM EST (GMT-4)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Camphrier Town Ladies (5) vs. (5) Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters

let's get this bread friends

Armada

Banned deucer.
Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (0) vs. (10) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

SS: Expulso vs. Snowy

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (5) vs. (5) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

SS: Expulso vs. Snowy

Camphrier Town Ladies (6) vs. (4) Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters

GSC: Estarossa vs. HSA - This is the matchup where my predicts beat Meru's predicts

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (6) vs. (4) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

SS: Meru vs. Fakee - Meru's record in the past year or so of SS UU tours is frankly absurd and Fakee has seemed like he's been having a little bit of a tough time lately. I do hope he bounces back, but this seems like the obvious bold to me.

SS: Expulso vs. Snowy - I don't think I've ever seen Snowy play in this tier and Expulso has looked pretty good.

SS: TJ vs. ProDigeZz - I think TJ's a better player overall but ProDigeZz is a little stronger in terms of meta knowledge. Closest SS game of the series, but I think TJ has a pretty big advantage.

SM: odr vs. Corazan - I haven't actually watched many SM games this tournament so idk who's doing better but I generally think odr's super good at mons so I'm gonna bold him despite also thinking Cora is quite good at mons.

ORAS: Chaitanya vs. Killintime - Chait has won a lot lately even though he brings the most seemingly batshit insane teams ever concocted

BW: crying vs. Amukamara - crying is using teams from the stone age, idk who's building for her but they may need to fast forward about 10 years. With that said I think she's a really solid player with a tendency to win the upset. Regardless, Liam consistently brings good stuff and pilots it just fine so I think he'll win this pretty handily.

DPP: LpZ vs. Raichy - LpZ looks super comfy in DPP UU but Raichy seems to always quietly pop off in playoffs, so I'm gonna rely on him to do that here.

ADV: fatty vs. Plas - Plas has an absurd ADV UU record and also has excellent taste in dog pics so I'm rolling with him since I rate both about evenly

GSC: Holly vs. Torchic - I think Holly's just better at this tier, not much else to say. Love Torchic though.

Bo3: pokemonisfun vs. pdt - pdt's been on a tear and I think he'll randomly nail another one here even though he probably shouldn't

---

Camphrier Town Ladies (4) vs. (6) Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters

SS: freezai vs. Highways - He regret using stall

SS: Chaos23333 vs. bbeeaa - Better player, I think Chaosnumbers is definitely way more up there with meta knowledge though and is a very strong player in his own right so this could go either way

SS: Moutemoute vs. Sage - Very very close and hype game, think the ass between two chairs will unfortunately be whooped this week so that Sage can continue her trend of making it to finals and then getting smashed

SM: Ramolost vs. avarice - Cheese is far too healthy for Ramo's diet

ORAS: Accel vs. dingbat - Why did they take ding out of BW man those were the most enjoyable games to watch

BW: Alkione vs. EviGaro - I think in a fair world Evi always wins this but realistically Alkione will do some absurdly tilting shit and ruin Evi's entire week

DPP: Thiago Nunes vs. crayon pop - The nunes gotta be running out of Donny P teams at this stage

ADV: Roseybear vs. Heysup - Heysup has been using some crazy shit seemingly in an effort to tell us all that yes, you -can- deviate from Kanga/Oma/Tenta/Plume/Scyth/+1. I have faith in him to bring some random NU mon and farm with it

GSC: Estarossa vs. HSA - Realistically HSA prob wins but you can never bold against the show

Bo3: Adaam vs. mncmt - I think Adaam is just better in the oldgens and they're probably close to even in SS

gl all gooo sisters

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
BW: crying vs. Amukamara - Both good players, but crying’s fatal flaw is using teams built during SPL 4-5 (not kidding when I say I faced one of these when trying out in 2013) while Amukamara’s fatal flaw is just ignoring spikes here and there, which half of teams do regardless. And he has beaten Spikes numerous times this season despite this, which speaks volumes to how solid his execution can be. I think Amukamara’s builds are typically fleshed out really well on the offensive synergy front and give him a great chance to cover the largest portion of the metagame, even if he never really brings Xatu/removal. crying just gotta bring something modern and it’ll be a good, tight game imo, but we have seen some atrocities of the past this season already and I don’t see anything stopping that from continuing if it hasn’t yet. so I’m sticking with the conventional favorite until proven wrong here.

BW: Alkione vs. EviGaro - Evi kinda owns at BW UU. She has the right pace of playstyle, she picks the right brokenmons, and she’s confident enough to take early risks that she really fits right in this Gen. One of the few Mainers who isn’t obsessed with Defog and Magic Guard galore tbh, always been one of my favorite aspects of her game. Alkione is more of a journeyman who just likes BW UU and comes up with cool teams. I don’t think he’s bad — in fact, some of his teams I really like. But there are trends Evi can kinda abuse with dynamic offensive Pokemon right up her alley and I rate her track record in the tier pretty highly. Alkione will make it close and I think he has a good shot if he doesn’t bring something too balanced tbh, but hard to know what to expect, so I’ll stick with Evi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)