UU Premier League IV Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this is drifting toward a meme thread already, I don't think we beat this year's SPL's record but doing good guys

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
There is no God.

EDIT: if anyone wants someone to test their DPP teams I can do that, but honestly I think I'm gonna quit mons anyways.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
It's okay Christo, the reason people make really rude posts towards you despite you being a nice guy is that they are losers who have to rely on insults because they are mediocre Pokemon players. These are the same guys who delude themselves into thinking counter teaming and styling is "high level play" and are too dumb to realize Pokemon is 50% luck.

Stay strong Christo and don't forget about charti berries ^_^

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Since y'all didn't seem to like my good friend Christo's analysis, I thought I'd give one of my own, using Cady's Map to North Shore High School as my guide.

Slateport City Socialites - The Plastics

You can pretend all you want - you want to be a Plastic, or you're scared shitless of them, or both. Usually both. Beware of the Plastics.

Mikan Island Monsters - The Art Freaks

Natural enemies of the Plastics. Don't be fooled by their self-confidence and poise - they're freaks and they're probably just jealous.

The Blackthorne City Battlegirls - The Burnouts

The Blackthrone City Burnouts had a pretty good team last year, but it's hard to stay motivated sometimes when you keep having to take a few breaks to really look at your hand for a while. Also, I heard one of them made out with a hot dog once. It's cool, guys, just hang out and smoke some weed. The Plastics can run the show this year.

Black City Burglars - The Varsity Jocks

The Team Raiders Black City Burglars may look like a bunch of meatheads, but really, deep down inside - OK, no, first impressions are pretty accurate in this case. I heard most of these guys were pretty good at pokemon, but you're probably more likely to find them raiding other team's calls or vomiting behind a frathouse than you are to see them on the field.

Pewter P2s - The Unfriendly Black Hotties

If I'm being honest, the only reason Mean Girls is about the Plastics and not the Unfriendly Black Hotties is because the UBHs might just be too cool for the Plastics' games.

Route 30 Youngsters - The Freshmen

Don't underestimate the Youngsters because of their age - you never know when the new batch of students is going to pack their own Junior Plastics just waiting for the chance to take things over. Luckily, we know just how to deal with a new batch of Plastics trying to flex on our turf.

Dewford Delinquents - The Sexually Active Band Geeks

You can laugh all you want at the band geeks - just because they did their homework and all their extracurriculars doesn't mean that they're not getting more play than anyone else in the school. You may think that they're easy to cross, but talk to them again and they'll kick your ass.

Littleroot Lindas - The Lady Lions Lacrosse Team

The Double-Ls are an aggressive bunch packed full of UU regulars just ready to throw a stick to the face to defend their place in the tier. They may not have a prized table in the cafeteria, but they're tough and they're not afraid to throw a few punches to prove it.

And finally, a message to all the managers and everyone brave enough to sign up for the auction, whether you were drafted or not: Nothing but love to all of you. I wish that I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.

Stay strong.

The Smogon version of the Phillie Flyers fan section...

Anyway, when will the usage stats for the first week of UUPL be up?

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Milotic is this year's P2, easily the most broken mon in UU.

Glad to see M-Aboma get some usage now. It shits on so many teams so hopefully people utilize it more in the future.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to post this to try and force myself to stick to doing this.

After getting frustrated with a few things the first time, I figure I'm going to try and do the usage stats again. So here's Week 1.. like 4 weeks late.

http://pastebin.com/EVhcKKj3

Stats go by: Mon | # of Uses | Use % | Wins | Win %

Few things to note:

1) It kinda looks like crap and I'm posting it on Pastebin. I don't know how Antar does his stats(guessing via databases, idk how to do that stuff), but I did this in a spreadsheet, which involved an annoying amount of formatting to look nice. Was going to post them in spoilers, but the spacing looks like shit so rip.

2) ORAS doesn't list megas, and DPP/ADV might be missing usage. The former is due to the potential that a mon might not reveal mega(such as Teal's Aggron or Omfuga's Sharpedo), and I'm not going to speculate even if it's obvious - trying to go for accuracy after all. Just ends up looking like old usage, oh well. As for DPP/ADV, I don't have access to teams, so I can't see what a mon is if it's not sent out. Only has this issue in one game for one mon this week, so not a huge deal.

3) I might have made small mistakes. I have a few redundancies to make sure they're kept to a minimum, but I might end up putting a win for a mon that didn't actually win. I'm human, having to manually input a crapload of stuff, deal with it.

Anyways, I should be getting the following weeks posted within a week or so if I really push myself. Also, tell me if you want me to provide individual links for each tier, this was way just quicker/easier.

Edit: And there goes my 200th post. What a waste. Should have RMT'd ShedSand first.

Edit #2: dodmen a couple of the replays are wrong in the replay thread: Week 2 CBB v Icey Tea and Week 3 fatty v FLCL(DPP) should be This and This respectively.

Last edited:

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
2 | Moltres | 6 | 60.0000% | 3 | 50.0000%

4 | Milotic | 3 | 30.0000% | 2 | 66.6667%

8 | Arcanine | 2 | 20.0000% | 1 | 50.0000%

?????????????????????????????????????

holy shit stop it sheeple

cool stuff though, thx for doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)