UU Nominations (Round 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's the time you've all been waiting for! The time has come to choose new BL Suspects based on Smogon's criteria for banning Pokemon from a metagame. As a reminder, these criteria are:

Offensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is BL if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.

Defensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is BL if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.

Support Characteristic
A Pokémon is BL if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.
  1. You can nominate as many suspects as possible, provided you give good reasoning. Please Bold the Pokemon you nominate as Suspects.
  2. While we will not be imposing a limitation on the number of Suspects you choose to nominate, we ask you to keep it to a reasonable number of nominations in your post.
  3. Use your own reasoning and not something like "I believe that Cherrim is BL because reachzero says so".
  4. You can't nominate against a Pokemon, that is, you can't say "I don't want Honchkrow to be a Suspect".
  5. Do not reply to other people's posts in this topic.
  6. Depending on the quality of your arguments, your vote might not be counted. However, votes will be evaluated on a less technical, more common-sense basis than in previous Suspect nominations.
  7. Only make one post. Edit all your Suspect nominations into that post.
  8. Any posts that aren't nominating suspects will be deleted.
  9. If you have any questions, please PM JabbaTheGriffin or reachzero.
  10. Votes will not be counted until after this thread is closed.
  11. While any and all users are open to nominations we ask for the sake of the integrity of the process that these votes be based on adequate experience and testing. Unlike previous tests, we will be utilizing Suspect Experience data (SEXP), so please do not attempt to nominate a Pokemon that you have not used or played against.
  12. Don't be afraid to nominate Pokemon that have already been nominated.
  13. It is an acceptable vote to bold vote "no Suspects". If you believe strongly that there are no Suspects in the current UU metagame, you may vote for no Pokemon to be Suspects.
  14. Nominations close June 16th

Milotic - Defensive Charactersitic

The reason I want to nominate Milotic is that it is consistently the hardest Pokemon to take out, but that our current defensive characteristic makes it too hard to nominate. We have nominated and banned Pokemon such as Cresselia, who may have been broken under the defensive characteristic, but I still think it was mainly banned because of the SubCM set. Milotic doesn't have some crazy stat boosting move to sweep a team with, so Cresselia is not the best comparison despite their similarity as mainly defensive Pokemon.

From UU thread:

Heysup said:
I think we should look at Milotic compared to Crobat. Crobat was banned even though there wasn't really a definite characteristic for them (we just called it support and offensive). Crobat checked an absurd amount of Pokemon and could pull off a sweep late game. Milotic isn't that different. It exchanges its ability to sweep to check even more Pokemon across the board, where as Crobat only checked specific ones (even if it was a lot). Crobat was destroyed by Pokemon such as Regirock. The only offensive Pokemon that can safely switch into Milotic is Synthesis LO Venusaur, otherwise it's base 100 SpA hits too hard for others, or they risk getting hit by Toxic. So with Crobat in mind, I think Milotic should be the first Pokemon to be nominated purely under the defensive characteristic.
Why now? Well Raikou's gone and easy Spikes are gone. Those were the two things keeping Milotic at bay in my opinion.

Milotic is really only breakable by a handful of Pokemon. Let's go through the Pokemon in the top 50 that can OHKO or outspeed and 2HKO Milotic (Stealth Rock is granted) (Standard 252/252 def Calm):

1. Venusaur
13. Rotom
14. Sceptile
27. Torterra
37. Aggron
38. Hitmonlee
40. Leafeon
43. Ludicolo
44. Tangrowth
45. Lanturn
50. Exeggutor

That's 11 Pokemon out of 50. If you want to be technical, Milotic actually stalls out the majority of the top 50 Pokemon. That's the definition of a BL Pokemon under the defensive characteristic if you ask me.

Moltres - Offensive Characteristic

From the thread about Shaymin:
Heysup said:
There's not much I can say about Moltres that isn't common knowledge, but its combination of bulk, Speed, and power is simply too much. I think we should compare it to Shaymin. The similarities of Moltres's most powerful set and Shaymin's most powerful set are too hard to ignore, they both ran a 120 BP STAB move, Air Slash, a coverage move, and a recovery move accompanied by Life Orb. In fact, it's hard to argue that Shaymin was that much better than Moltres. Let's look at their relevant base stats:

HP / Def / SpA / SpD / Speed
Moltres: 90 / 90 / 125 / 85 / 90
Shaymin: 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100

While Shaymin has a mere 10 base stat points over the majority of Moltres's utility stats, Moltres packs a whopping 25 Base SpA points over Shaymin. This is amplified by the fact that STAB Fire moves are far better than STAB Grass moves, and Moltres's Air Slash hits even harder because it gets STAB (in addition to the 25 extra Base SpA). Shaymin is obviously tougher to take down and poses a major threat with Seed Flare's secondary effect, but it is hard to argue that Moltres isn't close behind.

The main thing holding Moltres back is Stealth Rock, but this round Rapid Spinning got much easier. There is no effective way to run Spikestack + Double Ghost, and in my opinion it's simply not worth it for just Stealth Rock. The fastest Spin Blockers are undeniably frail, and Spiritomb is still Spiritomb, it's going to lose to the same Pokemon as it always does, and it's hit by Spikes.

With Shaymin in mind, I think Moltres deserves another nomination under the offensive characteristic.

Why Now? Moltres's main check, Raikou, is no longer around to stop it from destroying offense, and stall is still semi-easy to Spike against.
I think what has finally pushed Moltres over the edge from being suspect to broken is that Raikou is gone. Offense no longer has its most prominent check. Stall stops Moltres, but accompanied with something minimal like Pursuit, Moltres walks through even Chansey and Slowking. I think it definitely deserves another shot.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, since people who made UU requirements deserve justice and something to vote on, I shall nominate Rhyperior under the Support Characteristic (Shall explain this in a minute):

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Rock Blast/Rock Wrecker/Stealth Rock (Anything can go in the last spot to be honest)

With a Choice Band attached, Rhyperior reaches 624 Attack, with STAB EdgeQuake, which hits most Pokemon for neutral damage at worst. Megahorn rounds out the coverage on the Pokemon that resist the combination, namely Claydol and Torterra, hitting both for Super Effective damage. This means, like SpecsLati@s in OU, it is very, very difficult to switch in without taking a very big hit. Here are some damage calculations that show Rhyperior's damage output on UU's bulkiest physical walls:

CB Stone Edge vs:
Bold 252/252 Weezing: 53.89% - 63.77% (Outsped to the 2HKO)
Bold 252/252 Slowbro: 48.73% - 57.36% (2HKO with SR down)
Bold 252/252 Milotic: 60.15% - 71.07%
Bold 252/252 Spiritomb: 64.14% - 75.33% (Outsped to the 2HKO)
Impish 252/252 Miltank: 50.25% - 59.39% (Miltank cannot do much back to Rhyperior either, apart from PP stalling with Milk Drink)

CB Earthquake vs:
Slowbro, Milotic, Miltank and Spiritomb take the same damage as Stone Edge
Careful 252/0 Regirock: 84.62% - 100.55% (Outsped to the 2HKO)
Careful 252/0 Steelix: 87.01% - 103.39% (Outsped to the 2HKO)
Adamant 52/204 Donphan: 61.38% - 72.75% (Outsped to the 2HKO if standard Donphan)
Adamant 252/0 Hitmontop (After Intimidate): 65.13% - 76.97% (Outsped to the 2HKO if standard Hitmontop)
Adamant 244/0 Rhyperior (After Solid Rock): 79.17% - 93.06%

CB Megahorn vs:
Impish 252/252 Leafeon: 81.44% - 96.41% (~50% to be OHKO'd after SR)
Impish 252/228 Tangrowth: 70.30% - 83.17% (Outsped and 2HKO'd)
Impish 252/252 Uxie: 76.84% - 90.96% (~20% to be OHKO'd after SR)
Bold 252/252 Slowbro: 77.66% - 91.88% (~30% to be OHKO'd after SR)
Impish 252/252 Torterra: 80.20% - 94.92% (Ousped and 2HKO'd)

Just for interest:
CB Rock Wrecker vs:
Bold 252/252 Milotic: 90.61% - 106.60% (OHKO after SR)

So, as we can see, Rhyperior can severely damage a physical wall on the opposing team, if not kill it, opening up a path for a fellow physical sweeper (Such as DD Feraligatr with Milotic severely damaged or killed) to run through an opposing team with its check/counter destroyed, fulfulling the Support Characteristic. Rhyperior also resists Stealth Rock and Sandstorm (Although SS isn't very common in UU), and with its immense physical bulk and Solid Rock (And acceptable Special Defense for weaker special attacks like Hidden Power Ice), you will find that Rhyperior can switch in very often and hand out the pain.

Well, since I have nothing better to do and can't sleep...

I'd like to nominate Milotic under the defensive characteristic. I'm not sure if it's allowed, but I agree with heysup when it comes to milotic consistently being the hardest pokemon to take out on a team. It can run a variety of sets, so it is versatile in it's defensive capabilities. It's so bulky that it can even take both STAB grass- and electric-type attacks, respectively. And with it's excellent defensive typing and stats to back it up, it can easily beat over half of the entire UU metegame. Many walls in UU can be referred to as set-up bait when it comes to playing offensive teams, but Milotic is different; she has access to STAB surf, ice beam, hidden power, and haze which stops any sweeper lacking taunt. And coming off of a base 100 SAtk, these frail sweepers are often 2HKOed. Just to emphasize how well she does in UU, here's a list of what can not beat:
(one on one)

Clefable
Ludicolo
Lanturn
Sceptile
Leafeon
Venusaur
Rotom
Toxicroak is arguable, but with hp psychic (lol) or a combination of haze and ice beam, it will fall. If it's subpunch though, it takes a little more.

That's a pretty small number when compared to the list of ~50 pokemon in UU.

I think I'm done now. =)

This has probably been my favorite round of UU so far, and no Pokemon stood out to me as suspects. No suspects.

I honestly haven't seen any pokemon that seemed too difficult to stop this round. Some pokemon have certainly cemented themselves as bog standards, but preparing for them isn't such a specific process that you need anti-metagame gimmicks or a carbon-copy team to beat them. No suspects

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Really diverse metagame this round, no metagame-defining team style. It's been extremely fun to play in, and no Pokemon particularly dominated. No Suspects.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I vote for No Suspects

This metagame has been extremely balanced so far, with Milotic the only real pokemon that is "hard" to beat. Everything is kept in check by something else. Our previous suspects, Milotic and Dugtrio, are no longer issues. Why?

Well, Moltres has been played up pretty well as a powerful threat. "Look at Moltres, it's so fucking powerful! With Spikes, it has no safe switch ins! Even Chansey takes a shitload!" Well, that's the issue here. With Spikes. See, without Spikes, Moltres has quite a few checks and counters, including Clefable, Chansey, Milotic, Azumarill, Regirock, Altaria, Slowking, etc. All of these can switch in on Fire Blast/Air Slash and survive the follow up hit, dealing heavy damage to Moltres in return. For example, Regirock is taking a maximum of ~83% from Fire Blast + Hidden Power Grass, with Stealth Rock included. Regirock then destroys Moltres with Stone Edge. With Spikes, Regirock is KOed.

There are a few other reasons why Moltres doesn't satisfy the OC. It's speed for one. Moltres has base 90 Speed. This means that it must run Timid to get the edge on base 80's, who always run +speed natures because of the metagame. This in turn means that Moltres loses out on a bit of power. If you choose to run Modest, then you are opening yourself up for easier revenge kills and being outsped in general. For example, Kabutops has the liberty of using Waterfall instead of Aqua Jet against Moltres after switching in on Fire Blast, which is significant because Moltres is capable of surviving an Aqua Jet at good health. Kabutops usually runs a Jolly nature when not being run on a Rain team.

The TL, DR - Moltres only gets the KOes it is notorious for with Spikes support. Without Spikes, Moltres cannot sweep a significant portion of teams in common battle conditions.

Yeah. Once Froslass got banned, Spikestacking got much harder. This means that Moltres has been much more manageable this metagame than the previous one - in which it was still voted UU.

Raikou leaving UU does not push Moltres over the edge. It lost one good check. But the removal of spik-Froslass added more good checks. So I do not believe that Moltres is broken.

Do I really have to explain Dugtrio lol. It's #20 in usage. It reached its peak last metagame, where it was an excellent tool for Raikou to (ab)use. However, it's not been very effective this metagame, and cannot really be seen as broken.

Everything else is kept in check by the metagame.

Onto Milotic. It is the only pokemon that is worth considering suspect. However, I do think that it's manageable, without over-preparing for it. Venusaur is the number one Pokemon. Sceptile is used quite a bit as well. Choice Band Azumarill 2HKOes with Double Edge. Torterra rapes it if it doesn't run 56 speed EVs. Toxicroak sets up on it. Ludicolo can destroy it. Qwilfish can set up on it, or set up spikes.

These are just some ways, I'm sure there are more.

I do see where the "Milotic for suspect" opinions are coming from. However, going by our current DC, I don't think Milotic quite fits it.

this metagame was one of the best so far balanced and not too much centralization around a sertain playstyle so I say No suspects

No Suspects
I find this metagame to be really fun to play, and I don't consider a single Pokemon broken. I'll start out with Moltres. Moltres, just as a reminder, was voted UU when easy Spikes were still available with Froslass. Now that they are gone, common Pokemon like Milotic and Regirock will always manage to wall it. The SubRoost set is the most lethal one, at least in my opinion, but can be forced out by Pokemon such as Clefable or Chansey. Not to mention that the set is rare. Without Spikes, Moltres simply doesn't get the KOs it needs to be considered broken. Also, Moltres can't completely abuse that 125 base SPA since it is nearly always forced to use a timid nature, or it would be outsped and OHKOd or crippled by a large portion of the metagame. SR is also, as always, a thorn in Moltres' side.
I also don't think that Milotic should be considered BL. The fact that it is always, short of a critical hit from Ice Beam, forced to switch out by Venusaur (the most common Pokemon in the metagame) hurts it badly. While it is certainly a very bulky Pokemon that sees a lot of usage, I don't think it is broken; just an excellent Pokemon.

No suspects

Keep in mind that Moltres & Milotic are taken care of by Sceptile as example (Who lately is getting popular), people just need to think out of the box (Since this is UU after all).

Edit: Also, keep in mind.
->If you ban Milotic, the fire pokemon will dominate UU.
->Rise of UU fire pokemon (Moltres, Blaziken, Houndoom, Magmortar)
->Almost no water will be able to work greatly, (Slowking/Slowbro=Houndoom, Magmortar has T-bolt, Moltres has HP-gras, Blaziken has wall breaking stuffies.)
->People cry out for Azumarill's help, but he's at the moment taking a nap. (It's just a check.)
->If people manage that Mantine is a fine counter, Electric types (Raichu (Omg I said the R word) and Ampharos mostly) Will be greatly increasing.
->If last arrow will not be found out, as well as arrow 3 and 4, grass types will help dominate with Venusaur/Sceptile(Hell please!) and others.
->Next suspect round
->Suspects: Houndoom, Moltres, Magmortar(Maybe), Blaziken(Maybe), Sceptile, Venusaur.

It's a chain effect...

I want rhyperior offensive suuspect.
Why? Well it's the one of the baddest threats in UU, after one rock polish that beast is ready to destroy atleast 4 pokemon if it has life orb. I seriously want that thing suspect, it has a higher attack than alot of pokemon in OU!! And not to menton it's incredible physical bulk.

Others i think should be gone: milotic: for defensive suspect, why?: Well it's probaly the best bulky water in the UU metagame and can stall out almost any pokemon,all it needs is to be affect with a little status and it's almost invincible, especially witrh it carrying around toxic and recover.

Last one: Venusaur, for offensive suspect, why?: Venusaur is the number 1 threat in UU without any questions asked, venusaur has access to sleep powder, making a serious threat in UU, and very few pokemon and UU threatin that beast.

I agree with everyone else about this being a good metagame. However, I will have to agree with Flamewheeler and Heysup, and I'm nominating Milotic under the Defensive Characteristic. In a lot of the battles I've had on Shoddy, I have seen many Milotics, and they are extremely hard to take down. Heysup has also listed a good amount of the Pokemon which have a good chance to defeat it. Unfortunately, I have noticed that there can be issues. It also depends on the set that many of those Pokemon run, and if you factor in the damage taken from Milotic if they switch in on a wrong move, then the only ones which have a good hope of pulling it off are actually small: Rotom, Hitmonlee (which I'm not too sure about), Ludicolo, and Lanturn. Unfortunately, that's only the Standard Milotic set. There's also the RestTalk Milotic set, which is often even harder to take down because it can fully restore its HP with Rest, then alternate between Surf and Ice Beam with Sleep Talk (unless it chooses Rest, which is a lucky break for you). I understand that Milotic is a great Pokemon on any UU Team, and I will even admit that I have it on many of my own teams, but I feel that it has become too strong for the UU metagame.

I'd like to nominate Milotic under the Defensive Characteristic, Venusaur under the Support Characteristic, Moltres under the Offensive Characteristic, and Rhyperior under the Support Characteristic and Offensive Characteristic.
Please don't get us stuck in this metagame
First I'll discuss Milotic:
I was going to write just about the same thing as Heysup did, so first I'm just going to reiterate to read his post. The defensive capabilities of this is thing are ridiculous, and the Pokemon he said beat it, well, let's just say he was being generous.
Edit: Also, keep in mind...
It doesn't really matter that the metagame "will be in shambles" if Milotic left. If anything, the amount of shifting that it would cause by leaving just goes to show how much of the metagame it walls to no end. If Milotic is broken (it is) we ban it and anything else that comes along with it. (Notably Rhyperior and Moltres. Not a coincidence.)
"Blissey isn't banned in OU and it stops every special sweeper in existence, why would be ban Milotic?": Blissey can be 2HKO'd with most any special sweeper in OU just by sticking a random STAB physical move on it and some minimal EVs. In all cases for sweepers in UU, this is impossible for Milotic. Pokemon down here just aren't strong enough to break 393/282/286 defenses (analysis set) on a good defensive typing.
Even setup sweepers can't get past it due to Haze. "So now Milotic has Haze, Toxic, HP Grass, Ice Beam, Surf, Recover, Rest, and Sleep Talk all on the same set." Whoever the retard is that made up arguments like this needs to die. Milotic runs all these sets/moves commonly. Why can we not say that Milotic still beats them by using these certain moves?
In closing: Need an all-purpose check to most of the metagame? Stick Milotic on your team. It shouldn't be that way.
Moltres:
(assuming Modest nature)
Basically I would like to reiterate what Heysup said again. Moltres lost its primary check on offense with Raikou. Everything on offense has to be able to outspeed and OHKO Moltres or else it will rape them. UU just doesn't have the number of Pokemon that could do this, especially with Swellow running around also to take care of anything Moltres doesn't. Balance only has Milotic (and I guess Azumarill to a lesser extent) who is shaky at best - Moltres can be 2HKO'd by Fire Blast + HP Grass after just Stealth Rock damage and one layer of Spikes. Stall has the only 100% counter to Moltres: Chansey. One pokemon can safely switch into Moltres assuming SR + 1 layer, two if we don't get the Spikes. I know I personally ran two Aqua Jetters on my offense along with priority on 5/6 of my pokes for Moltres alone. That's how much I felt Moltres breaks offense, and I'm sure others feel the same.
Rhyperior:
Rhyperior@Life Orb - Jolly
252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Megahorn
~ Rock Polish
Oh, Rhyperior. Too much has been going on for you to get attention. You might be asking, What the heck? Why is Rhyperior a support Pokemon? That's easy. It has one solid counter in UU outside of random special grass or water type scarfers. Milotic. As pointed out in my Milotic nomination, so many sweepers in UU (Moltres especially) love getting Milotic weakened to a point where they can break past and have some fun in life. Rhyperior does that. With great defenses and an absolutely amazing ability, it has ample time to switch in, force a switch, and get a Rock Polish in. If they have a Milotic, it will switch in. No questions. If they don't, your team is free to roll anyways. After that it's as easy as making the ground rumble under Milotic's feet with your Earthquake and putting it into KO range for any number of Pokemon. It can either choose to Surf and kill you off the bat, leaving it with half of its health gone - easy pickings for anything else - or Recover stall you out of your life orb. Two problems with this: Rhyperior does 47.6% - 56.5% with Jolly LO EQ. Milotic will at most be healing about 7% of it's health each turn it stalls, and if you roll max it actually loses .25% of its health. Meanwhile, Rhyperior has about a 50% chance with one of its 10 hits to roll a critical hit and put Milotic in KO range. Too bad it doesn't get Battle Armor. Proceed to sweep with the rest of your team.
Rock Polish Rhyperior is the ultimate 100% Milotic lure. Anything else that trys to switch in will just die anyways. Again, everything on offense has to be able to OHKO Rhyperior before the RP or else it will run through you. Fun stuff.
Oh and just so you know all of this isn't based solely on breaking Milotic, he is also the biggest offensive behemoth on the physical side in existence. Offense is easily all OHKO'd. Stall can be picked apart by just attacking switch-ins. Balance can be taken down by attacking switch-ins and then Rock Polishing to finish crap off. When Rhyperior comes in stuff dies.

edit: I would like to reiterate that if you need a stall raper/balance raper instead of a offense raper, feel free to use CBPerior. It runs through stall and balance (look at shrang's calcs) with quite minimal prediction. Just Megahorn the initial switch and you're ready to roll the next time.
Venusaur:
I couldn't really say it any better than Eo and bad_ass and franky put it later in the thread. It's versatility makes it as much the definition of the support characteristic as Cresselia was to the defense. The main reason it deserves to be voted on is Sleep Powder to compliment everything else that it has. The ability to, 75% of the time, basically get a free kill or a free setup opportunity is amazing when you consider its bulk and offensive initiative. Sleep Powder alone isn't making it a suspect, but it is what pushes it over the edge in my eyes. (Dang it franky now you said this too and I don't have anything new in here :\)

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Although I outrageously dislike the state of the metagame I gotta be honest and say there are No Suspects.

I vote No Suspect

The game is extremely balanced. No play style dominates. There is no "standard team." Top threats do not equal suspect worthy.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
No suspects.

I don't see any pokemon forcing players to rely on certain playstyles or 1 or 2 specific pokemon for every team. After reading Heysup and Roflkips arguments I would like to see another period with Milotic before nominating it really.

Not the most exciting round, far from my favorite, but I agree with No Suspects. Rhyperior comes far closer to being suspect than Milotic for me, but even then I am not nominating it.

Milotic - Defensive Characteristic

The best wall in UU without a shadow of a doubt. 95/75/125 defences and excellent typing make Milotic incredibly hard to break down. It can wall special and physical attacks equally well (282/286).

Unless a Pokemon get STAB on either Grass or Electric attacks, it will rarely be able to 1HKO or even 2HKO Milotic. Random HP Grass on sweepers such as Moltres and Blaziken may be good enough to take out some bulky waters like Slowbro, but they just aren't powerful enough to 2HKO the beast that is Milotic.

An important point to remeber is that Milotic is one of the few walls that isn't set up bait. Whereas Chansey and Registeel are often confined to the measly Seismic Toss, Milotic can make use of Surf, HP Grass and Ice Beam, a combination only Shedinja resists. These attacks coming from 100 base SpAtk, along with Haze and Toxic means setting up on Milotic isn't easy.

Some of Milotic counters must run specific sets just to beat Milotic. Scarf Hitmonlee (arguably the most effective Hitmonlee set) cannot 2HKO with CC and Aggron must run Choice Band, else they wont be able 1HKO. Milotic is able to beat RP Aggron if it switches in on RP.

Aggron - Milotic switches in on the Rock Polish
LO Head Smash vs Bold 248/252 Milotic: 66.58%-78.32%
Milotic returns with Surf to KO

In conclusion, Milotic's ability to check over half of UU, access to a one turn recovery move and still be good offensively means that Milotic more that qualifies to be a BL suspect.

NB: If this vote needs adding to for it to be accepted, I will be more than happy to improve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)