Tournament UU Invitational 2022 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
some art will probably go here eventually
Hi all, and welcome to this year's edition of the UU Invitational! 32 of UU's best players over the generations will be participating in this tournament with a current prize pool of $335 (alongside an Amazon gift card from BigFatMantis)!!! The format for the tour will be double elimination with a best of 3 series. The generations played will be SS, SM, and ORAS, similar to UUPL's Bo3 slot. Other than that, the tour follows all of Smogon's other official tour rulesets, please make sure to post your replays in your win posts etc etc....

Round 1:

aim  vs  Poek
mncmt  vs  Adaam
Askov  vs  KM
Eternal Spirit  vs  Meru
pokemonisfun  vs  Pohjis
Lily  vs  Luthier
Sage  vs  robjr
vivalospride  vs  TSR
avarice  vs  Shiba
Indigo Plateau  vs  Punny
umbry  vs  Amukamara
Lyss  vs  pdt
Kink  vs  Highways
TDK  vs  Nat
Moutemoute  vs  Star
Ayaka  vs  Wanka

The deadline for the first round will be Sunday, June 12th, 11:00 PM GMT-4. Please make sure to schedule properly, and have fun everyone!

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
bigger size difference = greater confidence

take these seriously at your own risk

aim  vs  Poek
mncmt  vs  Adaam
Askov  vs  KM
Eternal Spirit  vs  Meru
Lily  vs  Luthier
Sage
 vs  robjr
vivalospride  vs  TSR
avarice  vs  Shiba
umbry
 vs  Amukamara
Lyss  vs  pdt
Kink
 vs  Highways
TDK  vs  Nat
Moutemoute  vs  Star
Ayaka  vs  Wanka

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Brief analysis of my gen6uu game vs Pohjis https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6uu-630845 (this is more for my benefit than anyone else's but why not make this public)

MU - NGL I thought it was pretty bad with Crobat having to deal with a sturdy Rock + Steel, Scarf Mowtom having to deal with Mega Sceptile and like multiple checks, and my hazard setters being iffy vs Empoleon. BUT. Infernape would be a KO machine with Gunk Shot for Florges and Grass Knot for Rhyperior.

t1 - Blastoise lead was safe, didn't know he was even CM Florges let alone lead with it so I go for some SR swapping to Gligar - not smart, I think he only leads Florges if it's CM which I should have known
t7 - Smart Synthesis by him to bait me into +3 Moonblast range after recoil (but it was a roll!)
t9 - lucky poison, should I have predicted the switchout? Idk, it's tough to do, Florges is a huge threat and Infernape is my biggest threat
t12 - I think this was the one point I was pretty happy in this game, thought he should not sack Machamp (probably didn't anticipate PR) since it kind of picks vs me and Klekfi wasn't getting hazards anyways vs Empoleon plus I did have spdef for Scarf Hydreigon anyways. Machamp gets KOs after Infernape ever gets a KO since I rarely want to trade my Infernape for his Machamp
t20 - simply shameful by me! I forget that Infernape often run Slack Off this gen on the Life Orb sets so I'm assuming he thought I was this (I asked him in PM after the game but no reply - feel free to tell me your thoughts Pohjis!!!). I was actually Gknot and could have gotten a fairly sizeable advantage if I just killed what was in front of me. Instead I psyched myself out and thought he'd predict Gknot and possibly go Scep, so Gligar felt safe vs both that and Rhyperior stay in. This turn is an example of knowing metagame is important
t24 - idk, it worked out for him but man! If I tricked I had very high chances to win. Maybe he didn't know my Gligar kind of walled Sceptile (although he should have from previous rolls like Rhyperior on Gligar). The thing is, my MegaToise is Ice Beam so it will force him to Leaf Storm at some point, which Gligar can eat and then wall Mega Sceptile. However, maybe he could have still won since Gligar needs to eat a hit before U-Turning out and thus would be in LS + another hit range. Overall tough understanding if Mega Scep beats Max spdef Gligar, may try to analyze this more later.
t28 - pretty sure I was significantly worse even without the miss anyways as I lost all my fodder (Gunk Shot doesn't KO without crit). Alas miss is nail in the coffin.
t29 - never give up!
t30 - give up!

nicely played by my opponent - well done.

The following series are getting extensions until Wednesday, June 15th, 11:00 PM -4:

Sage  vs  robjr
avarice  vs  Shiba
umbry  vs  Amukamara
TDK  vs  Nat

Eternal Spirit has also elected to drop out, so we'll be looking for a substitute willing to take his place for r2 (which will be going up soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)