Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

This is what I really like out of the bunch. Tentacruel does Tentacruel things, check Waters, Spin, TSpike, spread burns, etc. Mega Steelix is often overlooked for Mega Aggron, but it offers a few perks that Mega Aggron doesn't, which is it's Ground-typing which lets it effectively check the Electric-types of the tier and punish Steel- and Fire-types much better than Aggron. If you've opened the hide tag you'd see I'm running an Offensive Mega Steelix set. Do not underestimate it. It's my own personal preference to use a more offensive variant of it on Balance when you theoretically stack redundant checks against common balance breakers of the tier, at least when I'm building I sorta do. Anyhow, it does suffer a sharp drop in bulk, but when you realize that even without the heavy bulk investment it still reliably checks and counters most of what it already checked, while amping up it's offensive presence by a load making it's normal switch-in more strained to actually switch-in with impunity, you're golden. Notice I mentioned how this set puts in lovely work on Balance, but I totally recommend you use the defensive set on (Semi)Stall builds. Finally Florges is pretty much mandatory to check Hydreigon and pass Wishes to make sure Mega Steelix and Tentacruel have the longevity they desire.

Alakazam + Mega Absol

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Simple, but it's insane. A lot teams already struggle with Alakazam as it is with high Speed and Power, but when paried with Mega Absol hell breaks loose. If you've played the game of Pokemon, you'd know that speed is nearly everything and when coupled with power it makes things incredibly hard to deal with. Essentially, the core goes as it looks at first glance. Alakazam utilizes it's Calm Mind set to effectively annihilate Stall with little to no issue whatsoever with it's excellent coverage, while Mega Absol terrorizes offensive teams with it's own speed and power. Pretty simple.

Gyarados + Toxicroak

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

This is pretty simple too, the concept is for Toxicroak taking out most of Gyarados' bulkier checks, Suicune, Mega Blastoise, and Empoleon for the SubBounce set. It also offers a bit of speed control through Sucker Punch for stuff like Zam and Scarf Chandelure after a bit of prior damage. It usually ends with a sweep by either of them, Toxicroak with more defensive teams and Gyarados for offensive archetypes. Heracross also works in the Toxicroak slot since it's Choice Band (or SD) set breaks walls with maximum prejudice while absorbing Scalds and using them to furhter increase your power.

Ok, I'll post some cores

or

Infernape | Ampharos-Mega or Sceptile-Mega | Feraligatr
for Bulky Offense / Balance Builds
This core is very fun and unpredictable. Mixed Infernape can take care of common threats, such as Florges (Gunk Shot ♥), Swampert, Seismitoad, Forretress, Mamoswine, Umbreon and other common Pokémon that can be hold with ease by it. So, Infernape has three big Weaknesses: Ground, Flying and Water. So, yeah, Ampharos-Mega can demolish Flying- and Water-Types, but Sceptile-Mega can hold Ground- and Water-Types, so, it is "à la carte", you can chose your Pokémon. Anyway, both of them can break Water-Types with certain ease, what Infernape and Feraligatr can't do. Ampharos-Mega set is the Defensive RestTalk, because it could be more comfortable to defeat Entei, Aerodactyl-Mega and other Physical Walls aside of do a lot of damage in Water-Types. Sceptile-Mega is weak to Mamoswine like Ampharos-Mega, but it can defeat Water-Types with more ease and kick the ass of other Dragons or simply make a chaos on the battlefield. Feraligatr can hold Fire- and Ground-Types with it's huge combo of Swords Dance + Waterfall and Aqua Jet. This core will be more useful if your team has a Pokémon that can defeat Mamoswine and a Hazard remover/user, so Forretress and Cresselia are very good partners to this core.
Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Gunk Shot

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse

or

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch / Crunch

Milotic | Sceptile-Mega | Forretress
for Balance Builds
Physically Defensive Milotic + Amazing Special Wallbreaker + Specially Defensive Forry is a cool mix of roles in the actual Metagame. Milotic can hold Entei and other Physical threats with ease. Milotic can stop Gyarados, Suicune, Slowking and Cresselia with Haze, or just OHKO Salamence and Mega-Sceptile on the switch with Ice Beam. Sceptile-Mega can absorb Electric-Type attacks and resist Grass-Type attacks, what is very cool for Milotic and Forretress, Sceptile has a nice coverage move and great STABs, so the most of the Water-, Dragon- and Ground-Types are always threatened by it. Forretress can resist Kyurem, Mamoswine and 2HKO/OHKO it later. Rapid Spin and Spikes are good support moves to use, and Volt Switch can simply give you momentum. This core could be better with Stealth Rock Support, a great Physical Attacker and a random Fire-Type, so Mamoswine, Azelf, Cobalion, Infernape, Entei and Diancie are always welcome!
(PS: 52 EVs in Speed on Milotic are used to outspeed Standart Calm Mind Cresselia)
Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 8 SpD / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Haze
- Recover

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Gardevoir | Virizion | Escavalier
for Balance / Bulky Offense / Hyper Offense Builds
This core is pretty good. Gardevoir can threat EVERY Pokémon in the tier with Choice Specs, no one can switch-in with ease, Moonblast and Psyshock are very spammable STABs and Focus Blast is a nice coverage, but the crucial move of this set is Healing Wish. Why not Trick? In my opinion, Trick isn't all that good, because Gardevoir can lure all the switch-ins, so I prefer to use Healing Wish to heal Virizion or Escavalier. Virizion can make a party when it switch-in Dark-Type attacks or in a Water-Type, so it can be used to help the entire core. Yache Berry can be used instead of Lum Berry, but I personally prefer to use Lum Berry to hold Status. Escavalier is the Tank, have the capability of absorb hard-hitting Special Attacks such as Ice Beam/Draco Meteor from Kyurem or Psychic from Alakazam or just hold Cresselia and Beedrill-Mega is really very useful to the core. This core likes Bulky Waters, such as Slowking, Suicune, Tentacruel, Milotic or Swampert, because Entei and other Fire-Types can threat the entire core. This team likes a bird too, so you can use Aerodactyl-Mega, Moltres or other thing that has a Flying STAB.
Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Virizion @ Lum Berry / Yache Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off / Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Megahorn

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Time for me to give this thread a much deserved bump with a core featuring the most hyped and most broken new drop.

Mega Beedrill and Choice Specs Sylveon are a really good offensive core. They not only form a momentum core with Beedrill's U-turn and Sylveon's Baton Pass, but they both wear down each other's common checks and counters, Steel-types, as they tend to lack reliable recovery. Not only this, but Sylveon is such a massive threat right now as its Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice can 2HKO common Fairy-type switch-ins after very little prior damage such as Doublade, Nidoqueen, and Entei. Mega Beedrill also got better with the drops as it straight up OHKOs both Sylveon and Celebi with its STAB Poison Jab and U-turn respectively. This core does, however, struggle with fast, strong physical attackers such as Mega Aerodactyl and Choice Band Entei since Mega Beedrill lacks any defensive merit and Sylveon gets worn down after repeated hits.
Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass

Replay: Sylveon 2HKOing Crobat allowing Mega Beedrill to win

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

SubRoost Kyurem and Tentacruel make for an effective core on bulky offense and balanced teams right now. SubRoost Kyurem is a really underrated Kyurem set that makes Kyurem's power even more dangerous once it's under a Substitute, and it does work against bulkier teams due to making 101 HP Subs to screw over Blissey and PP Stalling everything thanks to Pressure, while also hitting hard with Ice Beam. SubRoost Kyurem is made even more effective with Toxic Spikes, as it helps wear down a lot of it's checks and counters, and works very well with Sub to wear down opposing mons. Tentacruel also has the added bonus of checking Fighting, Fairy, and Fire-types for Kyurem, and has Rapid Spin to get rid of pesky Stealth Rocks that Kyurem hates, and also has Toxic Spikes, of course! This makes Tentacruel an amazing partner for Kyurem, who's pretty nice right now for beating Celebi since they usually run only Grass STAB, but it does have to worry about Sylveon since Hyper Voice goes through Sub. Overall, this is a really fun and effective core that showcases a underrated set in SubRoost Kyurem.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 220 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Dragon Tail

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Acid Spray / Haze / Sludge Bomb

Toxicroak + Tailwind Tornadus | Offensive Core
This core is probably one of the most dangerous that I ever seen. Toxicroak is a strong wallbreaker, with access to Swords Dance, 2 very powerful STABs that can defeat and Sucker Punch, Toxicroak can defeat Bulky Waters and Special Walls with relative ease, I'm talking about Blissey, Tentacruel, Umbreon and Florges, all these Pokémon that I mentioned can wall Tornadus with ease, since Tornadus is a very powerful Special Attacker. Tornadus, in counterpart, can demolish everything that can't resist Hurricane, for the most of the Steel-Types (I said the most because Doublade can't be 2HKOed by Tornadus) he has Focus Blast, and for Swampert, Tornadus has Grass Knot to OHKO Swampert and Seismitoad, and Tailwind, the most important support move to Toxicroak. With Tailwind, you can simply defeat Hyper Offense in 4 Turns w, setup it on Beedrill-Mega (Protect turn) and clean the late-game. Yeah, Tornadus is one of the most underrated Pokémon in the UU Tier, and it is a beast. Now that Zapdos is flew away and Celebi, Conkeldurr and Sylveon dropped, this core is more and more useful. You can run Heat Wave on Tornadus to hit Doublade too, but Focus Blast is always more viable to punish things like Umbreon on the switch, since Doublade can be countered by Milotic, Tentacruel, Suicune and other Bulky Waters nowadays.
Biological Weapon (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

Cloudy Jesus (Tornadus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Tailwind

Last edited:
It's my time again to drop some cores here

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Taunt
Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Calm Mind

Chandelure and Hydreigon perform a great core together. Chandy can deal with the fairy types that freely switch into Hydreigon bar Sylveon, and can also trick them. I've choose cm as the 4th move because imo it's more worth a slot than energy ball, since Hydreigon will be dealing with swampert and almost every other water type with taunt, being also able to hard wall mons such as Mega Doom and opposing Chandelure.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed

Salamence@ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Encore

Pretty good standart HO core, Entei deals with the annoying fairy types that Salamence has troubles with, Whims with Pixie Plate is a hard hitting fairy type that also switches into most water types without ice beam freely, and force stuff like Swampert-Mega to rain dance again or, well, just kill it with giga drain. Mence is a DD sweeper, I've choosed fire blast to deal better with Forretress and Escavalier, and Lum Berry helps with thunder wave and scald burns.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Moonlight

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

This time a balanced core, with a win con that also provides a blanket check to at least 60% of the tier thanks to it's massive bulk. Florges deals with the dark types that troubles cresselia such as Hydreigon and Krook (they both live one ice beam), and also gets rid of status with aromatherapy. Aggron is there to help against steel types and Sylveon, that does a ton with it's specs set. I'd recommend a water type mon to go with this core, something like Milotic, since haze suicune is annoying to deal with, and you'll also need a switch in to Entei.

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cool cores retrowaves! One minor thing: Why did you choose a Lonely Nature on Salamence? The damage output might be appealing but I still think a +Speed Nature is mandatory on DD Mence because otherwise you fail to outspeed the omni-present Hydreigon. Additionally, you forgo the jump on Kyurem and Krookodile. If you go with Fire Blast, I recommend a Naive Nature, because a -Defense Nature makes you more susceptible to priority.

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Cool cores BrandonBeast! One minor thing: Why did you choose a Lonely Nature on Salamence? The damage output might be appealing but I still think a +Speed Nature is mandatory on DD Mence because otherwise you fail to outspeed the omni-present Hydreigon. Additionally, you forgo the jump on Kyurem and Krookodile. If you go with Fire Blast, I recommend a Naive Nature, because a -Defense Nature makes you more susceptible to priority.
um I didnt post those cores retrowaves did

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Baton Pass
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magneton @ Choice Specs / scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flash Cannon

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Superpower

I personally love this core, these three pokemon have a very good synergy, using baton pass with sylveon can trap steel with magneton, and possibly Bronzong with Krook, Krook is also able to eliminate Mega Bee using pursuit and survive at the same time his u-turn after intimidate, and is a great check to Toxicroak; Magneton also is a good check to bulky waters, hp grass hit hard Toad and pert, this core can generate an incredible momentum, I think a stealth rock support + spikes aid to improve the work of this core. :)

Cool cores retrowaves! One minor thing: Why did you choose a Lonely Nature on Salamence? The damage output might be appealing but I still think a +Speed Nature is mandatory on DD Mence because otherwise you fail to outspeed the omni-present Hydreigon. Additionally, you forgo the jump on Kyurem and Krookodile. If you go with Fire Blast, I recommend a Naive Nature, because a -Defense Nature makes you more susceptible to priority.
To be honest those two dark types don't really represent a major threat to the core since I got a dark repelent in the back with Whimsicott, but Kyurem is a thing so yeah, thanks for pointing that. About the nature too, I didn't see that at all. n_n Going to fix it rn

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay. Requesting mods to lock this.

I truly apologize for things not being done due to a lot of stuff happening in real life on my part. However, I'm going to still run the next version of the UU Cores thread with a little bit of overhaul so as to follow the trends from the months of May to July (and perhaps beyond).

A new thread will be up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)