Resource USUM UU Team Bazaar

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
(click images for teams)
Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (17).png
Sylveon fell off and I kinda wanted to make it work, so I paired it with the fat steel Doublade who really loves the wish and cleric support. Amoongus + Doublade is pretty solid counterplay to Scizor (but can be overwhelmed by SD Knock Off and to an extent Choice Band Scizor if amoongus loses its helmet). Hydreigon is reliable speed control, Krookodile is a nice rocker, and latias is an additional sweeper. Firium Z on Krookodile is fun for nuking Scizor while hitting a fair amount of mons still. Groundium can probably be ran over it. Since I was using a Scizor lure anyway, I went with soul dew cm latias for nice power with its STABs. The second version replaces sylveon for florges to address the potential soundproof kommo-o. Aromatherapy is used on Florges so it still has clerical abilities (admittingly cute charm moonblast sylveon should be fine here too). For removal I have Defog Hydreigon still. Taunt Iapapa Krookodile sets rocks up and keeps them up well. Electrium Latias is the solid answer for scizor in this variant. Second version is kinder typically, though the firium krook is pretty fun lmao.
Screenshot (19).png
Screenshot (18).png
Sub Mamo and Crocune was a core Darksafadao submitted for a break this team and seemed pretty cool so I decided to build around it. I have fun with both versions but the second version is probably more suitable toward beginners. Nihilego appreciates the ground mutilating prowess Mamoswine and Suicune provided. It's also capable of running stealth rock so mamoswine doesn't have to as well as being able to clean the opposing team with a speed boost. Seeing as I needed speed control and had two fire resists in the form of Nihilego and Suicune, Choice Band Scizor seemed like a nice fit. To round off the team, I placed a solid defog core in that of Malt and Moltres. This felt safe since I had Nihilego to deal with the obvious threat Rotom-H. The Tspikes version uses standard SR LO Mamo over the Sub set, Vincune over Crocune to abuse spikes more, and of course has Toxic Spikes on Nihilego. With Toxic Spikes and Vincune, the stall matchup is a stronger and less reliant on the surprise factor of Z Mamo. Stall was a concern since Malt and Moltres can feel like deadweight in the matchup.

I figured i'd post some of my favorite teams, as well as some pretty cool recent stuff i've built around random mons i was feeling. i'm pretty new to write ups, so this might end up being either good or terrible.

https://pokepast.es/a71d209d3e4c45d8
This is a build I worked on with my buddy jytcampbell when zeraora was brought down to uu. i really wanted to try to build around bulk up zeraora. We put rock slide on aggron to better deal with moltres. The zera spread is something we came up with, and is intended to outspeed mega manectric. The bulk allows it to take scarfed draco from hydreigon after rocks and multiple overheats from mega manectric. I went with drain punch and lefties, per usual for bulk up mons, in order to maximize longevity and allow me to set up more easily.

https://pokepast.es/019f008c45928f46
I didn't actually come up with the idea for this one by myself. I played something similar on the ladder and I found it really difficult to play against so I tried to take some of the same ideas and make a few improvements. I can't take credit for the full build, but it's a really nice uu trick room team and I figured it would be nice to share it here in case anyone has a cheese strat fetish. Shout out to whatever savage came up with the original idea.

https://pokepast.es/0386863a146ee12f
I might end up making a full write up on this mega shark team in the future because it is without a doubt my favorite UU team to use, and has been for the past few months (i would actually love to get feedback from others on whether they think it would be worth it or not). I started using it in uu majors and it helped me top my pool (i decided not to bring this to my last battle and that was the only loss i had). It's a very effective offensive build, with rest talk primarina and max hp scizor able to sponge most of the hits the team needs to take. I went with max hp attack scizor to maximize bulk and attack and with the only two attacking moves being prio and uturn to pivot, speed didn't seem as necessary. if the opponent is able to keep mega shark at bay (get it? shark... bay... im so funny) then lucario often times catches them off guard and can pick up the pieces to clean up in the end game. Pokeaim recently used this team in his uu road to top 10, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to him.

https://pokepast.es/36e2dc9320f98cbb
This team was mainly built in the middle of the night because i really wanted to use mega Pidgeot for a change, and i realized none of my Pidgeot teams had the clanger on it. As a result, I combined the bird with the clanger and cooked up some fire. This was never really intended for tournament, use, just something fun that i wanted to use and have some success with on the ladder.

https://pokepast.es/c96db58ed5249f1c
This second zeraora team was something else that I built during majors when zeraora came down. I used it in playoffs and it did a pretty decent job, despite me losing that battle. I wanted to try various zeraora set and for this team I went with banded in order to maximize offensive presence. I threw iron tail on it in order to be able to hit mega altaria (one of the best checks) on the switch in. It seemed like a really cool tech and comes in handy very often. It's moonblast on support altaria because otherwise the clanger runs through me with soundproof if i chose to stick with hyper voice. I respect the soundproof clanger.

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Screenshot (28).png
I don't use Haxorus much, nor see it very often but this build plays to its strengths. Dragon Dance helps Haxorus improve its m/u against offense by patching up its speed somewhat, but Swords Dance helps it do what it does best-- fucking shred slow teams. Toxic Spikes from Nidoqueen make this nearly effortless, but flamethrower can function over it. Mega Aerodactyl, AV Shao, and Klefki annoy more offensive teams all able to assist Haxorus in being able to do something. Aero and Shao chipping things while keys slows them down. The Klefki spread lets it take a +2 BP from Iron Plate sciz and retaliate with a Foul Play. Suicune can threaten Scizor as well. Suicune functions as a nice secondary win con since nidoqueen + aero + shao handles all the electrics p well. Wing Attack Aero + Knock off on Shao + Z Outrage can handle amoongus for suicune too. Suicune in general is a nice abuser of TSpikes.
Screenshot (29).png
Houndoom + Toxicroak was a core I wanted to try for awhile. Houndoom does a lot of damage to the fat grounds and greatly appreciates Toxicroak's ability to deal with the waters in the tier. CB Scizor provides pseudo speed control and is helpful against Latias, as Houndoom can't OHKO without a boost. Bulky Togekiss lures/cripples Aerodactyl so Scizor has less pressure on clicking pursuit/bp correctly. Once paralyzed, Aero isn't much of a threat. Togekiss's presence meant I wouldn't have to pivot Scizor into Dracos and such too. Gligar provides an electric immunity, can absorb toxic for toge, and stops Hippo ezpz. Kommo-o can nuke shit with z clanging scales and grant sr for the team.

Last edited:
CroCress Stall

(click for nudes)

Jus dropping off a team I've used recently on ladder, and really the first stall team I didn't delete but probably my least favorite fat I have kept. Either way, still a really cool team in my eyes and it's fun to play it on ladder -- I generally don't build fat without something to spice it up, like a wincon or some tech of some sort and I don't think that will change anytime soon. CM Sleep Talk Cress (crocress lol) is the functioning wincon and provides an answer to shit like Nape, Luke (+1 psychium ohkos, just gotta pull the trigger), Hera, Suicune, Reuni (kind of) things that usually can plague stall and opposing stall (to an extent). Something I realized a bit late and through testing was the fact that common NPer + Suit cores still fucked with my stalls, and it showed in testing as a major flaw that I couldn't particularly ignore on another team, but for this one pursuit isn't as much of a factor seeing as Cress is bulky enough to tank the hits and scout if need be. Beside's that, jus a fun ass team that I still enjoy, jus don't see myself using it anymore so I thought I'd drop it here in case it catches anyone elses eye. (also hastebin doesn't like working sometimes so use your imagination if you have one)​

Last edited:

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
It's time to dump somes teams !

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Defog
- Substitute / Toxic / Roar
- Flamethrower

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Freeze-Dry

Pyukumuku (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Block
- Spite / Soak
- Rest / Toxic
- Recover / Rest

Gligar (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Toxic / Curse

Altaria-Mega (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 24 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Return / Body Slam
- Flamethrower / Heal Bell

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
This is a Anti-Hazards PP Stall I've been using quite recently on the Ladder and it's really fun to use. The combinaison of Moltres and Articuno which both have Pressure + Spite Pyukumuku is extremely strong. Since the team has 3 Defoggers (and two of them have Pressure), it's almost impossible to win the Hazards War vs the team. You can opt for Curse on Gligar because it gives you a better match-up vs SD Terrakion. The team to play around Nasty Plot Lucario/Infernape which can be deadly if you let them Setup. You can opt for Heal Bell over Flamethrower on Altaria-Mega but it makes your MU vs Lucario worst so I wouldn't recommand you to do that.

Gengar @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 168 HP / 124 Atk / 40 Def / 24 SpD / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Refresh
- Return

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Roar / Refresh
- Scald
- Earthquake
Another fun team that I've been using recently. I wanted to try Sub Gengar with Fightinium Z and that's why I made this team. First of all, we have Gengar which is really good and works well in every game if there isn't a Muk-Alola. Then we have Choice Scarf Hydreigon which paired well in my opinion with Gengar because it can bring it on the field vs Fairy types which most of the time would like to Pivot on Hydreigon. Gengar can deal with Fairies while Hydreigon can handle Ground types and Dark types for it. Then we have DD Refresh Altaria-Mega which is my jam atm. It checks Scalds and it's a great status absorbers. Scizor acts as my Late-Game Sweeper and loves the fact that Gengar can remove or weaken Steel types for it. Finally, we have our Hazard Core with Rotom-Heat which acts as our Defogger and Swampert which is our Stealth Rock setter.

Primarina @ Primarium Z
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Work Up
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic

Scizor @ Iron Plate
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
This is the team I've been using for UU Research Week 2. I tried an offensive Work Up Primarina and I was not disappointed. Work Up + Primarium Z Primarina is a really scary Pokemon to face for Bulky teams and Stalls and it can really tears apart them. EVs spread allows Primarina to outspeed Gligar and 0 Speed Suicune but also Adamant Crawdaunt. Then I added Choice Scarf Latias on the team because it likes the fact that Primarina pressures a lot of Steel and Dark types. Healing Wish is also amazing for its teammates. Then we have Rotom-Heat + Cobalion which make my Hazard Core. Rocky Helmet Cobalion is a really nice way to punish Scizor/Bisharp but also Moltres and Rotom-Heat thanks to Stone Edge. Finally, we have Scizor and Bisharp which are my Late-Game Sweeper and are really good in the endgame when Primarina made holes in the opponent's team. If you want replays of this team, stay tuned, I will share some of them in my post for Research Week 2.

Late Merry Christmas
Psyglad-Noel.png

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
RoAPL Champion
Screenshot (44).png
Built around CM Bro and Focus Punch Toxicroak. If you can spare the Z and want a better stall m/u Z Focus Punch is better than the standard LO Drain Punch imo. Scarf Krook fit speed control, an electric immunity, and dealt with Latias without sucker punch mindgames in one slot. Empoleon was a reliable defogger that didn't force me into Toxicroak to remove tspikes, and in general provided a fair amount of utility. Toxicroak's presence meant it didn't have to engage in scald wars either. Diancie was an extra Latias buffer, as Latias can't z thunder both Diancie and Empoleon. With the reliable defog user Empoleon, I felt comfortable adding Moltres. Moltres provided raw power and benefitted nicely with Latias and special attackers in general being under control. Moltres is of course masterful at handling scizor, too. Overall just a really fun squad that is pretty easy to use.

happy new year uwu

Last edited:

wuhoodude

Goodbye Bewear
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
bear umb SPower Lati.PNG

Baewear (Bewear) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Latias @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic
I'm back with my most recent bewear teams. I made this team right after the November tier shift in an effort to abuse latios and counter team people spamming bisharp, zeraora, and other latios. Bewear is the dedicated bisharp answer. Tentacruel is really the only thing that can switch into primarina and threaten it with sludge bomb. I opted for sludge bomb for the added chance to poison stuff like hydreigon(taunt+roost) and togekiss, which the team may struggle with otherwise. Umbreon was originally added to counter latios, but it still is a nice blanket check to latias and other special attackers. This latias was orignally Mega latios, but it still works pretty much the same way. I wanted to try calm mind stored power to really clean up versus stall with the combination of toxic spikes. Doublade is a nice check to terrakion and kommo-o. Pursuit lets doublade trap latias or the more problematic celebi. Hippowdon finishes off the team with stealth rocks and a volt switch immunity.

bear stall #2.PNG

Baewear (Bewear) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Taunt

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Wing Attack

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Roost

I didn't think I could make another bewear stall, but here it is! This stall patched up a lot of issues my other stall had, mainly the lack of an unaware user. This is the taunt stallbreaker bewear that I've showcased in the past. Mega Aggron provides stealth rocks and is my solid flying resist. Quagsire alleviates a big strain against setup sweepers like kommo-o and Mega Altaria. Gligar is one of my defoggers and is the designated check to heracross with wing attack. Blissey is the obligatory special wall for stall. It has wish to help heal up Mega Aggron. Hydreigon is the teams answer to chandelure and is the second defogger. It also eases the matchup versus crawdaunt and can revenge kill heracross if it gets out of hand with z draco meteor. This team is really fun and I've peaked 1840 with it.
Peak 1840.PNG

Trapping for Apes
https://pokepast.es/e13cc26f7407ce4d

This team is built around trapping & Nasty Plot Infernape. Slowbro traps Mega Aero, non-whirlwind Hippowdon, and non-roar Empoleon. It can trap other mons & heavily cripple other mons with scald burns but, it's main use to take out those 3 mons. Taking out Empoleon is good primarily for Latias and Mega Beedrill. I didn't want Infernape to be my only win con as that would be too easy to predict. Key thing to note, Slowbro can take 1 U-Turn from Scizor and Mega Beedrill. Rotom-Heat is for defogging purposes, volt-turn, and Mamo check. Kommo-O is for Bisharp & Scizor (the EV spread allows it to out speed max +speed Bisharp). It's also great for getting up rocks. Nape is the main sweeper and hole puncher of the team. Latias is for speed control and trick allows it to cripple fat mons like Blissey. Mega Bee is also for speed control, voltturn, knocker, and setting up toxic spikes so you can do annoying strats with Regen Slowbro + Volt Switch / Iapapa Berry Rotom-Heat.

You could run waterium z over leftovers on Slowbro & run life orb instead on Infernape.

This team is pretty weak to hole punchers like Primarina & Nidoking.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Sparkling Aria
- Psychic

I tried making a VoltTurn team but realised i need a spinner to keep hazards under control, was thinking about switching out primarina for starmie but that feels like it would leave the team too open to fighting types. Any ideas?

Muk-Alola @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Toxic
- Recycle

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Iron Defense
- Slack Off
- Rest

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost

Poliwrath @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
Relaxed Nature
- Circle Throw
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Just some random stall i whipped up and tested maybe once. Usually i go into a stall build with 1 of 3 goals: Beat the most popular pokemon, beat the hazard wars, or use some stupid gimmick. In this case, I wasn't too focused on a good hazard core and I think using weird gimmicks is a tired strategy so I just made something with solid type synergy and hoped to beat as many things as i could.

Muk fits a lot of good things into one slot, being a toxic spikes absorber, a knock off user, and most importantly a way to beat psychic types and ghost types. Celebi with groundium is the only threat so that's where articuno helps.

Articuno is a really good defogger but to be honest i like it better as a wall, because it can take on nidoking while still having solid mixed defenses, making it a good mixed wall. It also has good hazard removal synergy with gligar.

Gligar i was kind of desperate to throw on because a defogger with immunity is extremely good if your hazard core is weak. It is also a ground type which emergency checks electric types and having strong defense lets it be an emergency check to make strong physical attackers such as heracross, which is where slowbro usually fills in.

Slowbro with iron defense allows it to beat almost every physical attacker 1v1. Regenerator slowbro is also somewhat essential to stall just as a surefire way to keep on switching in to darmanitan, entei and mamoswine. Usually stall will use alomomola but i also wanted a nice way to beat hera and haxorus in a pinch. I just chose rest because its better for pp stall wars.

Slowbro couldn't beat sciz or crawdaunt, possibly the two most important breakers, so poliwrath was one of the only things that could beat the two. It's not the best physical wall or even the most helpful stall mon, but because so many other threats were covered by the rest of the team, i felt it was an ok choice.

Finally, i threw on blissey because it's one of the only decent stall stealth rock users, and i could afford the heal bell slot. Thunder wave is better than toxic imo, since i already beat special attackers quite handily and crippling the steel type switchin is valuable.

ever since ive been playing this game ive been in love with balance/semistall so i wanted to share some of my builds.

wanted to build around curse quag but didnt wanna build full stall so came up with this. pretty solid team and most of the sets are pretty standard. cm on sylv bc i had room for heal bell on articuno, plus cm actually allows it to beat lati. speedy tauntnaught to help prevent gligar from being annoying/help keep hazards up/seemed fun.

semistall around sub toxic salazzle. with double tect core and toxic on 3 mons, the goal is pretty straightforward with this one. added double dance reuniclus with buginium to help celebi matchup. suicune set is cool i remember seeing someone(?) use it in uupl last year so wanted to try it. from my experiences with the team its been pretty annoying for opponents to deal with but thats just cune i guess.

blastoise/sylveon core seemed fun, so wanted to build around that. croak is there to help with cune matchup, and defensive ape with rocks bc i needed more help vs scizor and rocks on gligar is rly awkward to me, so i feel like its better like this. scarf scizor seemed ok here too since i kinda want some speed control but i bet the team could be ok w band instead.

Last edited:
A relatively offense heavy team just looking to get up rocks and being able to chip away at the opposing team with switch-ins forcing into rocks as well as great coverage to get good damage on opposing switch-ins, with good predictions this team just steam roll many balance and opposing offense team. Does struggle against stall without a solid taunt user but 2 Knock-Off users helps somewhat as well as some great high damage attacks from across the whole team. Some say the best defense is a a good offense and this team definitely has plenty of that.

CLICK ME!

Hi everyone, I run this project now, so expect archive to be updated soon. Thanks to vivalospride for his work here. Anyways, I'm gonna drop some teams of my own.

Moltres @ Charcoal
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Block
- Rest
- Toxic

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Trick Room

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Defog

Probably the most fun I had making a team. Moltres+Pursuit Krook is deadly to fight vs and simple to understand how it works. Cobalion is my rocker/extra Sciz check, as well as my main breaker. Block Mega Bro eases the stall matchup by removing w/e i need for that game, mainly Quag and co. for Stakataka. Bro also checks Rak and Mamo for the team. Stakataka is a cool wincon that can take on Moltres and Latias for the team, while also screwing over offense with Trick Room. Finally, Florges is the backup defogger, Hydreigon matchup, and wishpasser to keep Staka healthy enough to check Latias. The team is really weak to Primarina, but you can offensively pressure it pretty easily between Staka's Z Move, Moltres' Hurricane, Krook's EQ's, and Bro wittling it down w/ Toxic. Not a perfect team, but its really fun.

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

Calm Mind Cobalion is a cool stallbreaker (that loses to spdef Pyuku) that can smash through things like Gligar and Amoonguss with Steelium. This team was actually built by a friend of mine, and then we together made some changes, and this was the result. Hippo gives rocks+Aero check, as well as providing sand. Mega Aerodactyl abuses the sand and checks Moltres and stuff for the team, as well as trapping Latias and Celebi. Doublade is the main Latias answer, helps check Non-Dark attack Scizor, as well as acts as the team's breaker. Tentacruel is hazard control, as well as the main Primarina check. Finally, Florges is cleric/wishpasser/hydreigon check. Like stated before, Steelium is ran over Fightinium here because Amoongus is unbreakable without Steelium and Gligar is annoying.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Refresh
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Scizor @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 48 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Another older team that is spdef pyuku weak now. Mega Pidgeot can function as a stallbreaker with Workup+Refresh, which does pretty well against non-nihilego/spdef pyuku stalls. Forms a good core with Seismitoad, which is my rocker/main terrak check here. Amoongus checks Prima, Scizor, as well as punishes banded rak for clicking Close Combat. Rotom is my bp resist, flying resist, and defogger on the team. Scizor is the breaker, running Z Fight to break through Blissey, Steels, and frail shit like Tentacruel and Rotom Heat. Scizor also checks Latias for the team. Finally, Hydreigon softchecks Celebi and Crawdaunt, as well as providing speed control. Heatom and Hydreigon also form a volturn core.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Meteor Mash
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I actually built this team a couple days ago with my good friend and OU main Ophion, whos trying to learn UU. He wanted to use CM Mega Bro, so we started with that obviously. Krook is a great partner, providing speed control, an electric immunity, as well as pursuit support to trap stuff like Latias and Celebi. Lucario acts as the stallbreaker, and takes advantage of recent stall trends with more spdef anti-stallbreaker countermeasures, and also does well vs offensive teams. Moltres is the main Sciz/Coba/Luc check, while also providing defog, and smashing stuff with Z Hurricane. Diancie is the flying resist/cleric/rocker and hydreigon check on the team, and finally Amoongus helps check Terrak w/Bro, forms a regen core w/ bro, as well as checking Scizor, Maltaria, and Primarina.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 24 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Toxic

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

A fun core I probably stole from my friend Twilight featuring Future Sight MBro+Banded Rak, which puts insane pressure on fat teams. Bro also checks Terrak and Mamo, etc. Heatom is the defogger, flying resist, scizor check, you know what rotom does at this point. Celebi is my stallbreaker, and also can snipe Hydreigon with Dazzling Gleam, which the team is really weak to. Hippo checks rak as well as aero, and is the rocker. Finally, I have a Hydreigon of my own for speed control/checking daunt and friends. Not my best team, so I'll probably end up rebuilding this one at some point, due to how Hydreigon and Latias weak it is.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Ice Fang

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 24 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Focus Punch
- Pursuit

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Probably my favorite core atm, as shown by some of my other teams lol, MAero+SD Lucario. Aero checks Moltres and KO, and can snipe Gligar w/ Ice Fang, letting Lucario do it's job at stallbreaking/wallbreaking a lot easier. Latias checks NP Ape as well as other things, and can smash things with CM+Psyshock, and Z Draco mauls Doublade, even if it is resisted. Heatom checks Sciz, Defogs, etc. still the same Heatom shenanigans. Muk is here to deal w/ Latias, Celebi, and just trap in general, which is nice for Lucario. Focus Punch lures in Terrakion and friends and decimates them. Finally, Seismitoad eats prim hydros for breakfast, sets rocks up, and helps to check terrakion, as well as Scizor.

So that's the end of the massive team dump. I'll try and get the archive updated soon, so look out for that. Hope you all have a good day!

Hello UU community. Most of my teambuilding and battling has been in OU, but I've recently made a couple of teams I was happy enough with that I had no incentive to change them or make new OU teams (at least until the meta changes). To keep myself occupied, i have decided to go down through the tiers, building a team for each one. You may have caught me playtesting on the ladder, and at this point i am happy with my UU team. So without further ado:

https://pokepast.es/5bc3a891545b615a

When I shared one if my OU teams, I had a description of the team in the pokepaste. However, it was cut off at the bottom, so this time I will explain in a hide tag:

Articuno was the first Pokemon that came to mind when I started building my team. Without a viable magic bounce user, I needed a pressure Pokemon to deny hazards from passive (and in Articuno's case, specially offensive) Pokemon. Moltres may seem like a better pick, due to its ability to check Scizor and Lucario, but Articuno stands out because of heal bell. Fitting heal bell on another Pokemon, such as Blissey, isn't too difficult. However, pressure allows Articuno to stall out toxic pp, allowing it to shut down passive hazard setters like Swampert, Hippowdon, and Empoleon. This also means that Articuno does not have to switch out to a cleric to heal it, as this would give the opponent free rocks/spikes. Freeze-Dry hits Swampert really hard, and hits other Pokemon that Articuno checks for some modicum of damage. Notably, it also has twice as much pp as ice beam. Aside from providing hazard control, Articuno checks various special attackers, such as Gengar, Hydreigon, and Nidoking. There is some overlap here with Blissey, but Articuno doesn't have to worry about superpower from the latter 2, and Blissey can't touch Gengar. The speed EVs allow Articuno to outspeed Crawdaunt, so it doesn't have to switch out; if Crawdaunt knocks off Avalugg's rocky helmet, it'll take damage from rocky helmet before it is removed, and Articuno can then OHKO with Freeze-Dry. The rest of the EVs are dumped into HP and SpD to better take special hits.

Pyukumuku is my unaware Pokemon of choice. I decided on a soak + toxic set because of the various steel/poison types Pyukumuku can check, like Cobalion, Bisharp, Mega Aggron, and Tentacruel. As an unaware Pokemon, Pyukumuku's primary role is to check setup sweepers. However, soak also allows Pyukumuku to toxic passive Pokemon that can prove problematic, like the aforementioned Tentacruel and Mega Aggron. This is especially useful for the latter, as it *heavily* (get it?) threatens Articuno. Soak is also great for removing the target's STAB boost, making it easier to wall. If your opponent switches in on block with something that could normally break this set, like NP Infernape/Lucario, soaking it the next turn allows you to wall it. The given SpD investment with a sassy nature and 252 HP EVs allow you to avoid the 2HKO from Celebi's giga drain before it gets soaked. The rest of the EVs are dumped into defense to better check physical threats like Bisharp. A sassy nature is used over calm/careful, with 0 speed IVs in order to "outspeed" Stakkataka under trick room. And let's be honest... Pyukumuku isn't outspeeding anything else anyway.

Avalugg may seem like an odd pick, even on a stall team, given it isn't even on the VR (in contrast, it is on the OU VR). However, it does check some big threats to stall, like stealth rock Mamoswine, Mega Sharpedo, and banded Crawdaunt. Avalugg can spin rocks away against Mamoswine, Mega Aggron without toxic, Krookodile, and even Mega Aerodactyl (yes, stone edge does less than half lol). Avalanche is pretty strong after being hit, OHKOing Mega Aerodactyl. It also hits Krookodile hard, and chips away at other Pokemon. Rapid spin is necessary to remove hazards. Toxic allows Avalugg to wear down Pokemon it checks that resist Avalanche, like Crawdaunt and Mega Sharpedo. It also cripples switch ins. Rocky helmet is used for the reason mentioned in Articuno's paragraph, as well as to chip Mega Sharpedo. Furthermore, it punishes u-turn from the likes of banded Scizor, Mega Beedrill, and scarf Infernape (flare blitz, close combat, and bullet punch do not 2HKO).

What would a UU stall team be without Blissey? That's a rhetorical question... let's not discuss Audino. Anyway, Blissey serves as the primary special wall, checking the vast majority of special attackers in the tier. Seismic toss is Blissey's most consistent form of direct damage, while stealth rock wears down volt-turn teams (well, all teams, really... every team should have stealth rock to punish switching). Stealth rock should not be used until the opponent's own hazard setters are down (or will go down to stealth rock), because you will probably have to defog their rocks away. The exceptions to this rule are either you pp stall their hazards, or their only hazard setter(s) can be checked by Avalugg. Softboiled is necessary for recovery. Leftovers heals most of the damage done by weaker volt switches. Max defence ensures that Blissey isn't maimed by u-turn (like from Hydreigon) and pursuit. SoD is invested in instead of HP because Blissey's HP is so high that it wouldn't make much of a difference. Although I already have heal bell on Articuno, I have it on Blissey as well because it is on Articuno primarily to pp stall toxic; I still need heal bell on another Pokemon for surprise status conditions, like ice beam freezes and toxic on Pokemon you don't expect.

Here's the black sheep, with an intricate EV spread to boot. I needed to check various threats with one Pokemon, and Crobat happens to be capable of checking these threats. These threats are: nasty plot Infernape and Lucario; DD refresh Malt; Scizor; and Suicune. The HP investment hits the highest HP divisible by 16, maximizing leftovers recovery. The given defense EVs allow Crobat to avoid the 2HKO from banded Scizor's bullet punch. The given speed EVs with a timid nature allow you to outspeed Infernape; the rest of the EVs are dumped into SpD to bettercheck Infernape and Lucario. Avalugg can check Scizor, but it is worse down by u-turn faster than Scizor is by rocky helmet, which is why it is important that Crobat avoud the 2HKO from bulletpunch. Crobat's typing allows it to take very little damage from U-turn, especially after black sludge recovery. It's typing also makes it a great check to Mega Beedrill, which can harass Avalugg by poisoning it with poison jab. Heat wave has a chance to OHKO unvested Scizor, and will at least 2HKO any standard set. It also hits Mega Beedrill fairly hard. Toxic cripples switch ins and, in conjunction with infiltrator, allows you to poison sub Suicune. Haze prevents Malt, Infernape, Lucario, and Suicune from setting up. Roost is mandatory for recovery.

Lastly, we have Gligar. I needed a solid check Terrakion, and Gligar delivers. The EV spread is a slightly altered version of the standard, allowing it to avoid the OHKO from +2 continental crush. Everything else on this set should seem standard and fairly easy to understand. Earthquake is a great stab move that hits Terrakion and Zeraora hard. Roost is necessary for recovery. Defog allows you to remove Terrakion's rocks, as well as Mega Aggron's (if it doesn't have avalanche or ice punch), Mega Steelix's, and Nihilego's. Knock off provides much appreciated utility, as various Pokemon are much easier to check with their life orb or choice specs/band removed. Removing leftovers also makes it feasible to wear down passive Pokemon like Empoleon.

I hope you guys like it, and that perhaps someone will use it. If you see any flaws, or room for improvement, let me know. Nonetheless, I think it is a great team.

avarice

greedy for love
RoAPL Champion
1572564049108.png
1572564054739.png
1572564060149.png
1572564069237.png
1572564074309.png
1572564080039.png

PROBLEM (Mimikyu) @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Wood Hammer / Shadow Claw

ONE LAST TIME (Mienshao) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 100 HP / 156 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

BREAK FREE (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 120 HP / 48 Def / 116 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

WHY TRY (Krookodile) @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

BEST MISTAKE (Scizor) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

MY EVERYTHING (Rotom-Heat) @ Ring Target
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Overheat
- Defog / Thunder Wave / Pain Split

this thread kinda dead but i wanted to share a fun squad ive been using on ladder, it's by no means perfect but hope yall like it anyway. I started with the core of mimikyu and AV mienshao. since mimikyu has to leave its disguise up until late game, it cant do the usual fairy things and safely switch into hydreigon which made mienshao an ideal partner. I slapped on Mega Manectric with Hp Grass over Hidden Power Ice since Gligar has been dropping off in favor for Rhyperior/Pert in my experience on ladder as of late. Krookodile is a my rocker and can prevent opposing hazards with Taunt, and nuke fat mons with Z-Earthquake worn down from Volturn + Taunt. Choice Scarf Scizor is helpful for pokemon like Latias, Aerodactyl and Altaria. Rotom-H is an interesting last pick that has a few options. Its primary role is being a nuisance with its ability to trick a Ring Target to ground types and let it and mega manectric have more room to volt around and wear the team down for BP/MMQ late game. Rotom's last slot is flexible between Thunder Wave for general support, Defog for hazard removal, or Pain Split to really annoy stall. Stall is more managable than you'd think thanks to ring target, and stall's ground immunities being gligar/quag (weak to electric w/o ground typing). LO 3 Attack Latias with Psyshock / Hp Fire is probably the biggest threat to the team but is not an impossible m/u, especially if you opt for Thunder Wave on rotom-h. Hippowdon is also a pain if you mispredict the ring target, and then the main way of breaking it down is Taunt Krookodile getting it into Mimikyu's range and playing aggressively. Water-types in general are annoying too, with the lack of an actual resist. Wood Hammer MMQ also helps the stall matchup. Choice Band Scizor is an option for breaking power or Manectric's coverage are optional changes too. s/o pokeisfun w the cool rotom h set.

1572564547155.png1572564641628.png1572564660406.png1572564668483.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)